“Smiddy base at Noosa”
Review of RACV Noosa Resort

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed 14 May 2014

For the 2nd year running the Smiling for Smiddy charity ride pelaton (600 plus kms over 4 days) and support team stayed at the RACV in Noosa. It is conveniently located a short distance from Hasting Street. The rooms are airy, good size and very clean. The amenities are well maintained and staff very helpful. Plenty of parking for guest & visitor cars. The pool area, bar & restaurant were welcome places to hang out at the end of our daily rides to rest our weary legs, talk about the ride and re-charge the batteries. Late April is a nice time to stay in & around Noosa. Oh, forgot to mention the food is very tasty!!! I am sure the Smiddy team will use RACV again for next year's ride.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area if you want to have quiet afternoon naps.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chambo243
DarrenMcClenaghan, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear chambo243,

We just love having the "Cycling for Smiddy" group at the resort - 600km in 4 days plus all the money you raised for the Mater Foundation is nothing but inspiring.

I am pleased you had a nice stay with us and we are hoping to have the opportunity to host the ride again next year.

Well done and we look forward to welcome you again next year.

RACV Noosa Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently stayed in a one bedroom apartment at the RACV resort. The apartment was perfect, everything I needed was there. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The lounge had a beautiful outlook onto the childrens play area and pools, so the sounds of laughter and fun made my stay a very happy one. The dining facilities were great - fine dining, snacks, the pizza was to die for. The buffet breakfast was overwhelming with choices - I loved the pancakes. I found the staff all very helpful, polite and cheerful - not one person seemed unhappy to be working there. Overall - I would recommend this resort to families, couples or single people - there is something for everyone. The best thing is that it doesn’t seem like a “resort”......

Room Tip: I was happy on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Annie D,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

We are starting to get a lot of positive feedback about our comfortable beds as we have just made a massive investment in new bedding and towelling. This includes 100% cotton sheets (rarely seen in this country), massive bath sheets (these are very big towels), feather mattress toppers, doonas (duvets) & pillows. We are now very well positioned for anyone that values a great night’s sleep on their holiday.

I am pleased you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and I must agree that our pancake maker is my favourite item on the buffet. Thank you for recognising the service of all staff - I am fortunate to work with an amazing group of people each day that genuinely work hard to make sure every guest has a great stay with us.

I appreciate you recommending RACV Noosa Resort to others and hope you have another chance to visit us again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I visited Noosa and once again stayed here at RACV Noosa Resort.

This time we stayed in the two bedroom apartment, and what can I say other than...WOW!

The apartment was amazing, clean, fully appointed with fridge, oven, microwave, ensuite and bathroom and a TV in the two bedrooms and one in the lounge room. The design of the unit itself is very nice.

I would definitely stay in the apartment again.

The only thing that could have made it better is if the TVs didn't lock you out from using other inputs. When I stay at motels I usually take my laptop and HDMI cable so I can watch videos on the TV, or take them on a USB stick. Only one of the TVs allowed me to use a USB stick and none allowed HDMI input access.

Given that everything is so digital now days, it would be nice if this was allowed. It can't hurt the TV to allow USB or HDMI input access.

In saying that, it isn't common that other inputs can be used at motels, but its something that should be allowed in this digital age.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Harvey W

Dear Harvey W,

Thank you for staying with us again - we appreciate your continued support. It is great that you experienced a different apartment type on this visit and had another good time. Thank you for your feedback regarding HDMI input access to our TV's. As you noted, some of our TV's allow this and others do not. We are investigating changes we can make to have this capability across all of our TV's.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very happy with my stay at the RACV Resort at Noosa. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the apartment. Glass sliders out to a patio area from the bedroom keep that area light and bright. The lounge was smaller and a bit dark so I didn't spend a lot of time there. TV in both loungeroom and bedroom. The bed was particularly comfortable and I admit to having daydreams about being in it while I was taking part in the half-marathon that was my reason for being in Noosa! Big bathroom with large shower.
The resort is very well maintained - everything looks clean and well organised.
The food was great in both the bar and the restaurant. Service got a bit slow at times in the bar with only one person getting drinks and taking payment. Would be better to have two bar staff actually serving customers at busier times.
Breakfast buffet was really enjoyable - thanks for the hazelnuts to go with my bircher muesli :) Sadly they had those horrible 'squat' cups that all hotels seem to have - no doubt they're sturdy and easy to store but they're horribly thick and don't do a cup of tea any justice.
Staff were all excellent and seem to enjoy working at the resort.
Pool area well maintained and when we stayed (end April 2014) there was no problem getting a lounger - lots of space for everyone. There's a little 'beach' area for children to play in.
The resort was completely full when we stayed but not once did I feel overwhelmed with people or noise. There were lots of families there and I do think it would be a great place for a family stay - there's a kid's club and I overheard a glowing review about that from small people while at the pool!
All in all, a really enjoyable place to be and I would stay again if I was in Noosa. Wifi in my room was average but not the worst I've experienced - seemed to be better on my laptop than phone.
The one thing to be aware of for people not so mobile is that a walk into the foreshore or Noosa Junction involves hilly spots so you need to be reasonably fit and active to consider it. However, a shuttle bus runs to town on the hour so another option is available.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Megan A
DarrenMcClenaghan, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Megan A,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodation, pool facilities and food and beverage outlets. Congratulations on completing the half marathon - an incredible effort! The Noosa Ultimate Sports Fest is a great event and includes swimming, cycling and a range of running options. We enjoyed having so many motivated athletes stay with us that weekend.

I hope to welcome you again next year should you decide to return to complete another 21 km.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I recently travelled to the RACV for my birthday staying in a three bedroom villa. We were all blown away with the villa, it was huge and beautifully decorated. The beds and rooftop spa were real highlights. We also dines at the Acuri restaurant on my birthday and I couldn't praise our waiter highly enough. It is set apart from Hastings Street but it is walkable. Will definitely be back

• Stayed: April 2014
DarrenMcClenaghan, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear kahliamb,

Happy birthday! Thank you for selecting RACV Noosa Resort to celebrate your special occasion. It is great you enjoyed your 3 bedroom Villa and also had a lovely time in our on-site a la carte restaurant Arcuri.

We look forward to welcome you again – maybe on your next birthday!

Darren McClenagahn

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in a 3 bed precinct villa and felt like royalty. the roof top spa was a highlight and the proximity to the pool and bar was fabulous. this is the second time we have stayed here, last time in a 2 bed sanctuary apartment and both units were amazing. We cannot fault this resort, it is well priced, just far enough away from the crowds of Hasting Street and the regular bus service from the resort means you don't even need a car.

we will be back next year same time!

Room Tip: precinct villas have either a roof top spa or plunge pool, we chose the spa and it was amazing. the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jessica H,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted you had a wonderful stay in our 3 bedroom Villa. The rooftop Spa is very nice. I used to live in a Villa with my family and my favorite part of the day was when I had a chance to relax with a drink in the Spa in the evening around sunset.

We appreciate this was your second visit with us and pleased you plan to come again next year.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My Partner and I booked a two bedroom apartment for us and our 2 year old. We were overwhelmed from the moment we arrived at our property. the apparent was perfect, clean, large and felt like a home away from home. We had two balcony areas that made for a great play space for our little one.
Our 2 year old slept in a port-a-cot in the second bedroom and we were more than impressed by the block out blinds and heavy doors that made sleep time a breeze.

The resort itself was more than we had imagined. The pool area was under renovation during our stay but it didn't inconvenience us in the slightest, having a large area of the pool still accessible with a sandy beach style entry which was a lot of fun.

We ate breakfast at the restaurant every morning which was very enjoyable and had a great variety for us and our little one.

Noosa is a beautiful place and very family friendly, we cant wait to go back this year.

Room Tip: If you're an RACV member you will get a substancial discount and upgrade- well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AmberPride
DarrenMcClenaghan, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear AmberPride,

Thanks for your review. I was pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay in December. Since your stay, the 2nd heated pool, water slides, water splash park, playground and outdoor heated spa have all been completed. It is great that you plan to return later this year as you will be able to get to experience our new facilities.

Thanks again.