Grantlea Holiday Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$453
US$441
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Sebel Noosa(Noosa)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$219
US$312
  • Restaurant
RACV Noosa Resort(Noosa)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$201
Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas(Noosa)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$246
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Noosa Springs Golf & Spa Resort(Noosa)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$183
Priceline
Noosa Blue Resort(Noosa)(Great Value!)
US$222
Elvoline
All reviewsquiet locationsupermarketshopsunitsapartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I have written nearly 100 reviews on Trip Advisor. Most of them have been positive. This is one of the worse I will probably ever write. This is property is an unmitigated disaster on every front. I am surprised that Wotif (which I used to book them) advertises it. It shouldn't because it is well below minimum standards. I will not go near Wotif again unless they veto their properties more carefully.

Property: it is poorly located. Many blocks from the Noosa beachfront. The apartment is a dump. The toilette is a cubicle not big enough to brush your teeth. I am not exaggerating for effect. The rooms are pokey. No pay TV. TVs were new aroung 1993. There is not even appropriate bedding. I asked for a blanket (there wasn't one and it was quite cold). The rude, sanctimonious 'manager' told me over the phone: 'We don't have any.' Enough said.

Reception and Service: Non-existent. If I hadn't had a cellphone, I would have not been able to access the property. It was complicated to find the keys to the apartment. I called them up and said: "Please come and help me". I was paying well over $100 a night for the property. The reply from the insolent 'manager': "We don't go to the properties. We have 19 in the complex." That is the level of service you shoudl expect.

Housekeeping: None. They didn't even make the beds. When I asked them for a new set of towels the reply from the insolent management was: No, we supply you with 2. You take care of them..." It was lucky I was there for 2 nights. Imagine if I had booked for a week.

This is the worst property I have ever experienced in Australia. It is expensive $115 a night off season), poorly serviced, with rude and conspicuously absent management, and with atrocious facilities.

WOTIF, and any reputable website reseller, should not sell it.
You, as a traveller, should not even consider it.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple