“Eat Here at YOUR OWN RISK.”
Review of Hogs Breath - CLOSED

Hogs Breath
Cuisines: Australian, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Eat Here at YOUR OWN RISK.”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I went to this "Restaurant" at 1730hrs Sunday May 4th, second in the gate so staff should remember us. I had the Rib Fillet and Mushrooms, my wife the Rib Fillet with 7/10 Chilli Sauce. Within 30 minutes of finishing my meal it all started, cramps, the runs, vomiting etc. We were on a 4 day break and I ended up 3 days in bed unable to move. The Mushrooms were TOXIC. I did ring and spoke to a youngish lad who quite frankly did not give a damn. This is what they call CUSTOMER SERVICE, Poison someone then brush them off. I am willing to lay a bet that I was not the only victim that night. As for the 7/10 chilli sauce........maybe a 3/10 sweet chilly sauce from the local 7/11 but definitely NOT a 7/10. All in all my 4 day break was destroyed by toxic food and uncaring staff from this restaurant. They will be reported to the appropriate Health Departments. EAT THERE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Visited May 2014

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“POOR POOR POOR!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It all began Easter Sunday approx: 2:30pm,after being bluntly turned away for a lunch due to the kitchen closing after 2:30,re-opening for dinner later in the evening,which to be honest,weren't all that disappointed at the time,grabbing some Sushi down the road instead.
Later on in the evening,we returned to Hastings St,contemplating what we were going to have for dinner. I still craved a steak,as I had earlier on in the day,thus returning to Hogs Breath-Noosa,noticing plenty of seating available both in,and out of the restaurant,which looking back now is not to my surprise-whatsoever!!!
So,after being greeted,or should I say,'barely recognised ' by a youngish female waitress standing at the register,on the kusp of both in,and outside,asked where we'd like to be seated. I asked if both of the single tables were available,thus pointing towards the one that was a little closer to the entrance stairs of the restaurant,which was a little more open,privater,and not so much in the thick of the 60%ish full outside area that was dinning too,with only 1 other option being basically right next to the register,a meter where this discussion was taking place.
The front of house waitress was more than happy to seat us in the seating asked,however claimed that the table had to be wiped down beforehand,handing us both the food menu & drinks menu x 2,walking us to the bar area inside,whilst she would organise for her,or someone,anyone,to do what was needed to be done.
Being generous,10,maybe 15 minutes passed by,restless,hungry,and both ready to order drinks,entrees & mains-4 times over at this stage,had to personally go to search for a staff member,questioning what was actually happening with our seating arrangement discussed previously,only to find a different female staff member prepared & willing to seat us,as momentarily realising that someone,possibly this new waitress,had seated another elderly couple in our empty seating requested,initially with the previous girl.
Another table had become available,so we took that one,which ended up having to be wiped down 30 seconds after we were seated.
As this waitress went to walk off with the cloth,I told her that we're ready to order,not only our drinks,but also our entree & our mains too.

15 minutes pass,and a young fella with a nose ring,pretty chilled back type of attitude,with obviously what the swell was going to be tomorrow,had walked out of the kitchen to serve a table nearish to us. I pulled him aside and asked weather or not he could find out about the 1 x Beer & 1 x Lemmon,Lime,Bitters,with the reply that they were 'understaffed aye',he was sorry,and they'll be out with the drinks when they can.
Probably 5 minutes had passed by,and FINALLY,drinks were on the table,pfffft!!!
Within a few minutes of the drinks,entrees were served by the lady who sat us down & took our order in the first place,placing plating on the wrong side of the table,which is a 50-50 chance of getting write,let's face it,and/or if you're unsure,probably ask who's who,stating in a rush that she'd bring cutlery etc back in just a moment,as my partner asked if we could get side plates for our entrees in the same breath at the same time as walking off to get our knives & fork.
To my absolute disbelief,the fork that was given to me upon her return,was not only not washed properly,but overly obvious reminisce of redISH/hardened tomato food that was stuck to the fork from not being cleaned properly. I don't mean a little dot,I'm talking cladded & noticeable dried food on both sides of the fork!
I asked for clean fork immediately,showing her the best I could in the reflection of the lighting,as she brashly apologised,without any conviction or sorrow of how foul something like this is,un-convincing tones showing little-to-no compassion,remorse or sincerity in the acknowledgment of something deemed as repulsive and not acceptable in any Hog's Breaths,or dinning experience,the globe over!

Entree 1- Garlic Bread,which was fine.
Entree 2- Potatoes skins,stuffed with cheese,tomatoes & a dipping salsa of some sorts,which was also fine too.

Our plating was taken away after we had finished our entrees,along with the cutlery,napkins by the young fella with the nose ring/hair tied-up.
Our mains were brought out approx 5minutes later,and yes,no new cutlery,offer of a new drink.
I told my partner that I'd give any 3 of the 4 wait staff that had dealt with us up until this point,30 seconds to supply us with the something to eat our mains with.
Nothing!
So I stood at the register for about half minute,without any assistance,to the then unattended bar,to catch a different young feller that was obviously working the bar that night between the actual bar and the kitchen asking if We could get new knives,as the last male waiter whom took our entrees away took our knives plates,and so forth.
The immediate,yet minimal and little service from this attendant was the best of the night as in staff support.

The benefit of the doubt had been given to this restaurant more than 8 times in my opinion,and I am usual the one to sit and swallow it if something not at 100%,yet the last straw,roll of the dice,whatever you want to call it was when I cut the first piece of my well-done,not medium sirloin steak within my Tex-Mex order to dip the very first cut of meat into the add on of a creamy garlic sauce that resembled a skin like gelatine consistency that lead me to say enough is enough,in which my partner called for management knowing I was at my wits ends of this place,not even 1 bite deep into my main.

The lady that seated us,heard basically everything that was written above,as we vented the experience we wish to never have again,especially in Noosa,where the upper echelon choose to visit & spend there money's & time in the holiday season.
We were offered a new meal, which we declined straight away,and charged only for our drinks,which came to $12,where I was given a handful of gold coins in change from the note that was handed over,however personally,for me especially,it has left a notable bad taste as Hogs Breath as a franchise,and ending the long weekend with a bad overview of our Noosa experience!

Not a single thing can get me to even consider rating a 1 of 5 stars to this restaurants forum,and for me to go to the extent to write this review,without trying to tarnish your name,I firmly believe,and undoubtably feel, that this was without question,the #1 worst dining experience I have had in 30 years across the globe,knowing that Hogs Breath should actually have standards and procedures in place to service their clients,consistently across the board!
I recommend that the highest form of Management within this Noosa branch,take a long,hard,deep look into knowing what standards are,mean,and how they must be maintained consistently,in not only Cuisine,but Customer Service,Cleanliness. 3 fundamental aspects that leads to consumers coming back to more of your franchises Australia wide,and not waisting my time,in the hopes of being able to shed some form of light to others of your poor standards across the board,giving people the option to reconsider dining at your restaurant,where the experience you gave to us last night was inexcusable unforgettable for all the wrong reasons!

Lift Your Game!!!

2 Thumbs down!!!

• Visited April 2014
Buderim, Australia
“Would not go back”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Over the Easter long week-end - we did not have a booking and the girl at the front reluctantly gave us a table. It was not set and she did not set it for us. When our meals arrived we had to actually ask for cutlery. My steak was over-cooked and the vegetables undercooked. We asked for more drinks 4 times - eventually we gave up. No water was provided with the meals. Couldn't get out of there fast enough - but not before paying nearly $200 for 2 adults and 2 children to eat. We won't be going back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Karen S
“Anything but steak...”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We sometimes visit Hogs Breath when have not booked anywhere and all the other choices are full. The steaks don't impress or suit our taste, but the salads, wraps and burgers offer a cheap and decent selection at reasonable prices.

Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great dinner with good service”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After reading all the reviews on here since the last time we visited I had to comment. Some of the reviews here seem like they may be written by other restaurants. We arrived for dinner tonight on a monday night and found it quite empty. We were seated quickly and served by bubbles and true to her name she was lovely. The food was quite good the only thing bad was the corn cob was dry from over cooking....otherwise excellent... we look forward to coming back next time

• Visited March 2014