“Great tour”

US$104.17*
Noosa Everglades Canoe Trip with Barbecue Lunch
Ranked #7 of 45 Tours in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Discovery Group is a multi award winning market leader in eco-tourism, based in Noosa Heads on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland Australia.

We offer unique one and two day adventure travel to World Heritage Listed Fraser Island.

We also offer relaxed river cruises into the "Noosa Everglades" and 3 Day / 2 Night self guided Canoe Safaris into - a pristine wilderness area in the upper catchment of the Noosa River system. Experience a company without compromise.
Experience The Discovery Group.
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Fascinating trip to the pristine Everglades. Only disappointment was that the boat is a bit tired and in need of new seats. Tour guide mark was very skilled in the very shallow water and managed to get us thru the channel on a day when the tide was at its lowest for the month! Can recommend this tour. I wonder if a sunrise tour would be good for more wildlife?

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is by far the most popular tour group to Fraser and it goes without saying they are award winning. I have one reservation and that is the cost in relation to what you get. It's awfully expensive for basically a coach tour. A few years ago you could travel with them in a Toyota 4WD with only 6 passengers and a very experienced driver - fantasic experience with personal commentary, morning tea, champagne BBQ lunch etc.. It's all changed and I suspect for the mighty dollar. They still do the morning tea and lunch but ...??I am also not sure that it is so good for the locals and as we all know, word of mouth from the locals counts. They also don't advertise to the local market in the press, which suggests to me that they don't want to foster that good relationship any more or are too arrogant............ In my mind they are going for the overseas market which is great, but why no also go for the local' market who can spread the word very quickly. You make up your own mind however I have to say they won't let you down for your visit to Fraser. They also do lovely trips up to the Everglades which are stunning and well worth visiting. Can't say I'll give them more than a 3, which is at least one point down from when they were more humble.

James K, Manager at The Discovery Group, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Trip Advisor is a wonderful tool for people to share “first hand” experiences of products and services all around the world and as a business we enjoy receiving feedback from our Guests to ensure we are meeting the demands of an ever evolving market. As your comments were more directed at how we have evolved as a business over the years rather than a review about a specific tour you have taken with us recently, I feel that Trip Advisor is not the best forum to discuss the inaccuracies of your comments so therefore I will be very brief in my response.

I for one am extremely proud to be a part of a company that has been so supportive of the local community and dedicated to promoting Tourism in the Region for over 9 years. Our staff are local Sunshine Coasters, living here with their families, who are passionate about what we do and have a wealth of experience in Tourism and Customer Service roles within the Cooloola National Park Region.

We have great partnerships with many local businesses through whom we source all of our supplies and through years of hard work promoting our beautiful region internationally, there are now tens of thousands of people each year coming through Noosa boosting the local economy who would normally have bi-passed our town to access places like Fraser Island from the more traditional mainland points further up the east coast. Your advice in relation to how we market our company and products locally and internationally have been taken on board however, to say that companies like ours are not good for “locals” is a little short sighted and I would encourage you to actually take one of our tours in the near future to better understand what we do.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a good day out although when we went there was not a lot of wildlife to see, mainly water birds. The vegetation, waterways and tributaries are very interesting and the skippers are very informative. The BBQ lunch is very good however no alcohol is served. It rained heavily on and off through the day we went so the environment was not seen at its' best. Reasonable value for money.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Fraser Island has been totally dressed up. It's a world heritage site and there is dead and dying birds all over the beaches, thousands of them. All the company's should club together and put something back into the island and help this obvious problem. Credit to the driver who tried to avoid them as he drove. For a place that is described as beautiful, and full of wildlife, it's a shame because its actually quite sad to see. We were a group of 5 and all agreed on this, even the lake inside the island wasn't that attractive.

Overall, not a great tour, we had much higher expectations for Fraser Island.

James K, Manager at The Discovery Group, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a response, however you have unfairly reviewed our tour delivery with 1 star, when it is the island itself you are reviewing and a natural phenomena caused by mother nature. The birds you are referring to have migrated from as far away as Alaska, and are literally so tired they fall from the sky. This happens all down the east coast of Australia, and is not exclusive to Fraser Island. I am sorry you were disappointed with Fraser and didn't get to appreciate why this is world heritage listed

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was so happy that I splurged and did the 2 day 1 night Fraser Island tour! I didn't really know what I was in for, but the island, ALL of it, and even the experience getting there and around (in the huge 4WD) was wonderful!! Our tour guide, Drew, was fun and informative and we had plenty of time at each stop along the island. The food that is included is also excellent! I would highly recommend this tour - you're in for a great experience! Fraser is beautiful!