“Sand and beach”

and up
Fraser Island 4WD Tour from Noosa or Rainbow Beach
Ranked #6 of 46 Tours in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Discovery Group is a multi award winning market leader in eco-tourism, based in Noosa Heads on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland Australia.

We offer unique one and two day adventure travel to World Heritage Listed Fraser Island.

We also offer relaxed river cruises into the "Noosa Everglades" and 3 Day / 2 Night self guided Canoe Safaris into - a pristine wilderness area in the upper catchment of the Noosa River system. Experience a company without compromise.
Experience The Discovery Group.
Melbourne, Australia
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Sand and beach”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Forget hiring a 4 wheel drive,forget packing food,forget the GPS,forget the park permits and barge fees just do a trip with everything included.
What a fabulous way to visit Fraser Island. The food was great the information was excellent.The 4 wheel drive truck was a great way to negotiate the terrain and it is bumpy very bumpy. Certainly the highlight for me was driving the beaches it gives you a perspective of the vast coast line and rough seas. All the staff I dealt with in doing this trip were both informative and helpful keep up the good work.

1 Thank Pam P

Glen Waverley
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Tastes of the Sunshine Coast”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We enjoyed traveling around to visit Buderim Ginger factory and other food related places in the region. The tour also took in some lookouts over spectacular valley scenery and visits to Montville and Maleny townships.

The tour is definitely a taster of the area but it is hard to spend as much time as you need at each individual location. It gives you an idea of places you may wish to visit for longer periods in the future. Eg You really need more than 2 hours to explore the Buderim Ginger factory, especially if you have a young family. There are quite a few activities there as well as a great souvenir shop full of local produce. The factory tour is very informative and the tasting of products enjoyable. Our time in Montville was also too short as there is much to see but we had to have lunch there which took up most of the time allotted.

However I am glad we did this tour as it has introduced us to the many lovely attributes of this area and I would love to go back there some time exploring at leisure.

Visited June 2014
James K, Manager at The Discovery Group - Day Tours, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hi & thank you for a positive review...!! However the tour you have done is operated by SunAir bus tours, and we are The Discovery Group - offering 4WD tours to world Heritage Fraser Island, and wilderness cruises into the Noosa Everglades. We are glad you enjoyed your time on the Sunshine Coast and hope if you return you can experience one of our tours !!!
“Amazing Day in the Everglades!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I did the Bar-B-Canoe day trip over the weekend, and had an amazing time. The everglades were a great break from all the beaches, and absolutely full of wildlife. It was a perfect day, and the reflections on the water were just like the brochures. The guide Andy was amazing, and an excellent chef. I'm gluten free and was shocked by how much amazing food I was given! Several types of biscuits, bread for lunch and most of the food was gluten free anyways (for anyone with food allergies you will understand why I was so excited by this!) I would absolutely recommend this trip to anyone passing through Noosa! If I'm ever back I'll probably check out the 3 day trip :) Thanks for an awesome day guys!

Mooloolaba, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Noosa Everglades Tour”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was given the Noosa Everglades tour as a Christmas gift....not knowing what to expect and wondering how I was going to look interested for 6.5 hours!! It was just the most informative ( thank you to our wonderful and humorous guide - Andy) interesting and most spectacular day I have had in a long while. The scenery was unbelievable, the BBQ lunch exceeded my expectations and the day was just amazing. A very professional company and I could not fault the tour, the free pick up and drop off to Mooloolaba...great value for money and yes.....I would do it all again. Thank you Discovery Tours.
Kathy Cook.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kathy C
Wellington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A visit to Fraser Island”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having found out Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world and it was fairly easy to get to from Noosaville, we booked a day tour. The booking process is easy, the staff friendly and helpful. It's an early start on a monster bus with huge wide tyres able to cross many different types of terrain. Drew, our driver and guide, had so much interesting information at his finger tips and an excellent sense of humour. It's a long journey but we enjoyed it with Drew's commentary and much to see. We travelled round the island, paddled in the sea (braver souls swam), had a good BBQ lunch (included in the price), watched the dingos, saw other wildlife, learned a lot, explored and photographed coloured sands and relaxed on the long journey back to "home". Very worthwhile.

Visited May 2014