“Great Indian food - but service dropped on last visit”
Review of Mystic India

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have eaten here a number of times and loved it. Last time, however, the mains took nearly an hour to come, and the restaurant was not really very busy. They seemed surprised we were disappointed - and didn't even apologise - we may go back again, because the food is so very tasty, but this put us off some. We were showing off the good food to some people who had never been before......

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We are staying at Sunshine Beach only 3 kms from Noosa Junction. It was our third time for take away and each time most impressed with Chicken Acheri, Lamb Pasanda, Vegetable Saagwala, Goat Curry all medium with authentic Indian spices and a free rice with each generous serve. Clean establishment, helpful staff and very kind on the pocket, I believe it is BYO as well so next time we will dine there in the outside table area.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Finally an indian restaurant that serves decent authentic indian flavours. We ordered the Lamb Rogan Josh, Lamb Pasanda, Butter Chicken and Beef Vindaloo all with garlic Naan breads. The vindaloo displayed a decent heat and was a bit sweet also. The Rogan Josh was outstanding although I couldn't fault the other two meals, and there was plenty of it. The naans were very nice also. The decor doesn't do the restaurant any favours, but it's the food that makes it! I'm a big fan of take away so this will be a weekly regular for me.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

This was the worst Indian food, I have paid to eat. We went on a busy Friday night and were seated promptly, but waited over 30 minutes for entrees to arrive. The pappadams were cold and obviously had not been freshly made. The had a strange texture and an unusual flavour, which was not that pleasant.
The mixed entree platter was very good. Everything on the plate had great flavour. However we also ordered the chicken tikka and were presented with two pieces of tandoori chicken and the young waitress proceeded to argue that was what we ordered. I had to ask her to take it away and bring the correct meal.
This is a byo restaurant, but no attempt was made to clear any empty bottles from the table - I ended up putting them on the floor. The wait staff are young, pleasant, but clueless.
Our main courses arrived and can only be described as terrible. My wife ordered the lamb rogan josh and I had the beef vindaloo. The meat in both dishes was so overcooked, that it was hard and tasteless. After our complaint the waitress returned from the kitchen and said nothing could be done because of the quality of the meat and would we like a chicken or a vegetarian dish.
Because we were hungry we chose butter chicken, which was average at best!
The chef came out later to visit the tables. When I asked him about the meat, he said he purchased it in bulk, pre diced from the butcher. I asked him what cuts of meat was used, blade, round,gravy etc. His reply was that he didn't know."Just diced meat."
What chef uses ingredients that he does not know!
I, like another reviewer, can see why people would only dine here once.
There are two Indian restaurants close by inThomas Street Noosaville and both provide a much better Indian experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The service maybe slow and ordinary and there is usually a long wait between entrees and mains but the wait is worthwhile. After trying this restuarant we never go to any of the others anymore! Also the venue is not exciting but the food is what gets you there.

1  Thank janipots