“Great weekend”
Review of Beach Bum Australia - CLOSED

Beach Bum Australia
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach Bum is much more than just your average surf school, we are a boutique style tours company offering patrons the opportunity to live the life of a true "Aussie Beach Bum" through an eclectic mix of tour options that takes our guests to some of the very best, most pristine, exciting and unique attractions that SE Queensland and Northern NSW have to offer.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

A great weekend had by all. I have had a lesson before but nowhere near this level of tuition. Very personal and very constructive. All of other other days events like the rock slide and so on were awesome too. I also got to meet some pro-surfers. It was also great to be on one of the truly great world famous surf beaches. No one else has that!

Visited December 2012
BeachBumNoosa, Owner at Beach Bum Australia, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Beach Bum Surfaris endeavours to make each individuals experience with us as enjoyable and memorable as possible whilst still being educational.
Our value for money Tours are designed with you, the guest in mind.
He thankyou all for taking the time to review us and hope you continue your individual quests to become True Aussie Beach Bums....

Brisbane, Australia
“Great surf lesson! :)”
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a full day Surfari a couple of days ago. The surf lesson was perfect, we were a small group (4 people). Scott taught us the basics in the sand, then we jumped into the water, fell a couple of times, received a few tips and corrections and...got up and stood on the board for a little while! What an awesome feeling!
Then we visited a surf outlet and finally went to the Water Slide Mt Cougal National Park in Currumbin.
I definitely recommend this activity!

Thank you Scott and Sacha for a lovely day out :)

Visited December 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“best first time surfing trip!”
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

I went on the Beach Bum Surfari after winning a holiday to the Gold Coast from the UK and it was definitely one of the highlights of my entire month on the East Coast!

The instructor Scott was very friendly and you could tell he knew what he was talking about when it comes to getting on the board.

In transit entertainment was great and surfing on one of the greatest beaches in the world was a perfect location.

Group numbers were small which mean a lot of time in the water ( which was needed for me to get the hanging of staying on my board!).

The trip to the waterfall and nearby creek was a great extra to the Surfari! Would definitely recommend!

Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We Did It MOM....”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My friend Pheobe and I had originally planned to Learn to Surf in Byron Bay on our last day there but as the weather turned bad decided to do it up the coast instead and are we so glad we did!
We booked a full weekend Party Tour with Beach Bum as we really wanted to meet some locals as well and had heard other travellers in our backpackers in Brisbane that they are the best value around.
Firstly can I say, Scott the owner was so funny and such a great guide and the coolest instructor, he taught us more about Australia in one weekend than we had learnt in the 6 weeks we have been here, everywhere we were taken from the waterfall and rockslide to the surf museum and the accomodation and food was perfect.
The lessons each day were amazing and yes mom "I did it!" I'm a surfer hahaha, I rode a wave from outback to the shore nearly everytime ;-) both Pheobe and I are so jealous of the life that a professional surfer must lead we want to move here and become one now, just kidding.
At night we went to Surfers Paradise where there are some great bars. The ones Beach Bum took us to were fun and packed but our VIP entry passes saved us from lining up anywhere and the guys there are all HOT omg lol, Pheobe wants to go back there tomorrow!
This trip was the best fun we've had in Australia and we've had so many amazing experiences already, looking forward to the rest of our travels. I would recommend to anyone, thanks Beach Bum...

Visited June 2012
1 Thank LadyB579

Madison, Wisconsin
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Best surf lesson”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Beach Bums was the first of three surf lessons I've had while traveling in Australia, and after the other two I realize how lucky I was to have this one first. Our instructor was so helpful and we all stood up on our boards. He showed us some of the Gold Coast's best surf beaches and explained surf rules and culture to us. In the afternoon, we went to a really cool place with rainforest, waterfall slides and natural pools. I really felt like our guide catered our experience to our needs/interests. He was also so friendly and gave us tips for traveling! My review might say that I am friends with Scott (the head of Beach Bums), but that's only because after the trip we became facebook friends so he could give me and my friends advice about where to go in Australia/South East Asia, which has been so helpful!

Visited March 2012