“Surfing on border of NSW and QLD”
Review of Beach Bum Australia - CLOSED

Beach Bum Australia
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach Bum is much more than just your average surf school, we are a boutique style tours company offering patrons the opportunity to live the life of a true "Aussie Beach Bum" through an eclectic mix of tour options that takes our guests to some of the very best, most pristine, exciting and unique attractions that SE Queensland and Northern NSW have to offer.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surfing on border of NSW and QLD”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Scotty was an excellent teacher and assisted us all with managing to ride our first waves!
Clear instructions were given, constant mentoring in the water and great day out.
Loved it

2 Thank George L

Adelaide, Australia
“Great instructor and experience”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My friends and I booked a surfing lesson but unfortunately were staying pretty far out from the surf spot. The beach bums instructor (Scotty) kindly picked us up from our accommodation which was a couple hours out of his way! The lesson itself was great with some simple steps to follow and in no time, everyone was getting up on the boards and riding some waves!

Maroochydore, Australia
“girls go surfing day”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

sensational weekend...everyone had a blast! from pick up to drop off and everything in between was so organised and fun! our instructor was brilliant, very encouraging and patient and EVERYONE stood up - cant wait to go again!!

Denmark, Australia
“Awsome experience!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

After 4 years living in Australia it was time for me to give surfing a try! And now Im wondering why it took me so long! Scott was absolutely incredible, both passionate and a great teacher. Honestly I never thought I would be able to stand up on a board and surf but I did it! You are sure to spend an amazing day, learning how to surf, having some fun time at the Natural slide and listening to all those funny stories he has in mind!
My only regret was that I wasn't able to have another lesson to learn some more, and now that I am back in Alice Springs I am dreaming of the day I can go back to the ocean to give it another go! Meanwhile I look at the pictures of the day that he took and can only smile at remembering this great great day! Thanks heaps Scott!

Visited November 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best ever, expert teaching, incredible fun”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I went on a surf camp with Scottie for two days and learnt how to surf. It was so much fun, that a few years later i came back with my girlfriend, because i wanted to her to have a similarly awesome time and proper surfing class.
As Scottie once said: For learning how to surf, it isn't necessary that your teacher knows how to surf, but knows how to TEACH! With Scottie you get both.

Visited March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction