“Sorry Sheraton”

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“Sorry Sheraton”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

To escape business and get away from it all we thought the Sheraton, Noosa would not only be relaxing but also trusted in their approach to excellence. Only one free wifi access per room meant that my husband and I had to alternate use ! During breakfast I asked for an expresso but was told there would be an extra charge of $4.50 per cup ! The brewed (stewed!) coffee was the worst I have tasted. I have stayed in many Sheraton Hotels around the world and have never been charged extra for my choice of coffee during breakfast. I was told by the manager this particular Sheraton is a resort hotel; however since we arrived conferences have been checking in and many people joining the main breakfast area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Kookie J,

Thank you for your review and I am disappointed in conversation we didn’t address all of these concerns while you were here. As mentioned we do not include a variety of additional charges into our room rates so that customers can choose what items they wish to purchase and enjoy be they movies, car parking, spa massages, internet access and so on. We have found this approach provides more freedom and flexibility to our customers allowing them to choose what they pay for from a very wide range of Sheraton products and services and is one we find overwhelming support for. However, I understand it is not what you expected and have experienced elsewhere and this gap has caused a level of disappointment I wish didn’t exist and for that I am truly sorry. I would also like to thank you for the feedback and I hope that in my explanations and sincere words you can see how genuine the comment is and how we value your words. Thank you again for the review.

Stephen Ferrigno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here for a week on our family holiday and must compliment the hotel on the new it's new facelift. Rooms were very comfortable, lovely pool area and the new bar downstairs is great for an afternoon cocktail!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Paula M,
Thank you for your nice review and positive memories of our time here in Noosa. Peter Kuruvita’s Noosa Beach House Bar and Restaurant has received exciting reviews about the cocktail list and the recent appointment of our newest staff member as Sommelier is sure to tantalize the taste buds even more as we look to provide our guests and customers with the best experience they can get. Thank you again for the review.
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great hotel. We were back for the second time in 2 years. Pool is great, staff are very friendly. The buffet breakfast is also great. Rooms are very big and all refurbished. My husband and I had a very pleasant stay and will definitely be back in the future. Really cannot fault the hotel at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear European explorer2013…

Thank you for your lovely review and so pleased to learn you have come back here to enjoy all that Noosa and the Sheraton have to offer. It truly is a perfect destination to get away from the hustle and bustle and spend time reconnecting with the things that matter or simply enjoying beautiful food, cooked to perfection in the many restaurants on Hastings Street. Until next time.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We held our 2013 staff Christmas function at the Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa. The function coordinators went to the enth degree to ensure that all our needs were met so that our guests enjoyed the whole weekend and experienced the best the Sheraton had to offer. Our 40 guests had the most incredible weekend; the rooms were spectacular, the staff were amazing and the food was incredible. The highlight for me was the swim-up bar - sensational and they really know how to make a poolside cocktail. This would be a PERFECT location for a wedding or any special event - the Sheraton seriously know how to put on an event, weddings, parties anything. GREAT for any occasion or group/couple booking if you're after something a little bit special and you're happy to spend the money. It's a very family friendly resort too but perhaps a little on the pricey side if you're taking the kids along - but that's Noosa.

You're not likely to land a cheap night on Wotif - especially in the peak Season which is what would have been what stopped me considering the Sheraton Noosa in the past, but having experienced it I know I'll be back - and can't recommend it highly enough. If you want to spoil yourself or that someone special, there really is only one place to go in Noosa.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms but if you're a light sleeper and prefer a quiet night's sleep ask fo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Vanessa S,

WOW! When I read your review I was reminded about all the fantastic reasons we here in the Resort and hospitality people in general love what we do. It is the generous appreciation and wonderful comments such as yours that bring warmth and meaning and swell my heart with pride for my team and all we offer here at the Resort. On their behalf I thank you most sincerely and consider it a privilege that we could serve you and create so many fantastic memories. I hope we have the opportunity to host you again one day soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were lucky enough to be given a gift voucher for room and breakfast and midday checkout. They placed us in an upper level room overlooking the pool. Check in staff were very helpful and friendly and parking was easy right within the hotel complex-if a tad expensive at $20 per night, (but not complaining with our free voucher!) The room had everything you would expect in a hotel of this standard and the bed was huge and very comfortable. The only small negative (and I am nick-picking) was that TV was in an odd spot and we had to turn a very, very heavy sofa 90 degrees in order to watch it comfortably. Also, from the bed the tv was so far away that the remote control would not work from the bed. The breakfast was of a high standard with lots of variety and fresh foods. All in all though a lovely relaxing stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear lazydaze_13,

Thank you for your positive review and feedback about the newly refurbished rooms here in the Resort. In our oversized standard rooms we specified a remote control that would readily function over 5-10m so I will ensure a battery check and test is done to make sure there are no faults there. I also liked to read your comments about the bed and the room’s size etc and the positioning of the furniture/TV in the room as it helps us feedback to the designers and look at all options for room layout and so on. Thank you again.

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Really have no complaints about this hotel. The room was amazing we had an outdoor jacuzzi and the location was great. One good tip is that we were able to park on the street so the parking garage was not neccessary. Everything in Australia is expensive so expect to pay the same amount for food as in Brisbon. Over all this was a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear mari1327,

Thank you for such a nice and positive review of your recent stay here at the Resort and I am pleased you were able to enjoy one of our Lifestyle Studios with the spa on the balcony. We receive so much positive feedback about these studios with everyone saying there isn't much more a relaxing moment that sitting in a wonderful spa, sipping champagne looking up at the stars...

Warm regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a very pleasant stay and were very happy with our poolside villas. Staff were exceptionally friendly. The rating reflects with the complicated billing system and the extremely punitive "early departure fee", which essentially means that if for any reason you have to check out earlier than booked, you are still required to pay for the remaining period. A harsh and unconscionable policy that can only hurt the hotel. I for one will not stay here agin as a matter of principle.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear MohanP,

Thank you for your kind review and glad you were able to enjoy the service and resort to its full potential. I am concerned that the early departure policy has negatively influenced your final memories of Noosa and the Resort and will be more than happy to take a call and discuss this matter further if you so wish. By way of explanation for the reasons behind this early departure policy the Resort commits to selling our rooms at certain rates over various dates and upon receiving a booking we guarantee a room for a set period of time (a “guarantee policy”) at confirmed rates. Having sold our rooms especially over periods of high demand weekends and the recent Triathlon over Nov 1-4, we will have turned away business to remain true to our promise to our booked guests to provide them with the room they have booked for the dates of their stay. When these dates change to now depart early the Resort cannot readily re-sell the room as potential new customers have already booked elsewhere and we now face a direct loss due to the early departure decision. In managing this differently, some argue we should oversell the Resort and assume an “early departure” factor, however, in my opinion this is fraught with disappointment and contractual issues and one I do not subscribe to. I do appreciate this is my Resorts challenge and not the customers and I regret that we have not effectively managed the communication of it in your eyes, however, please let me know if you wish to discuss it further at your convenience and I will make myself available.