“Well worth a visit.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“Well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We have just spent a week at the resort as a family. The stay was magnificent. The room was huge with a small view of the beach. Staff were really friendly, especially around the pool.Breakfast was great in the restaurant. All in all a fantastic place in a fantastic location.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Matt E
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Matt E
Thank you for choosing to spend your family holiday here at Sheraton Noosa Resort and I am so pleased that you all had such an enjoyable time here.

For our family guests the hotel certainly is in an ideal location, close to the shops, restaurants and the beautiful Noosa National Park and main beach and I am glad that you were able to make the most of it all. I will be sure to pass on your comments concerning the pool as the team out there have as seen in other posts a wonderfully successful summer season and that came with our usual signature service – they put a great deal of effort into that and whilst I know we can improve and will for 2014/15 season I will share you feedback as lovely recognition for a job done well this year. Once again, thank you for your sharing your review and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you all back in the future.
Stephen Ferrigno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

It had been many years since I'd stayed at the Sheraton Noosa, but with the refurb finished, it was time to give it a second try. I booked through a 3rd party last minute reservation site and grabbed a reduced rate for our Saturday night stay.

We were greeted warmly by staff in the fresh-faced foyer, and upon presenting my Starwood card we were offered a room upgrade. As we were celebrating my friend's 40th, this was very well received! The suite was perfect and had a large balcony overlooking Hastings St. The king sized bed was superbly comfortable, and the rest of the fit out was contemporary and chic.

The entire hotel is definitely looking brighter and revived post renovation. The pool and surrounding zones are lovely and clean, the bar and restaurant facing Hastings St are inviting after their facelift, and, let's face it, it is hard to beat this prime Noosa location.

I look forward to returning for another stay soon, and I'll make sure I allow time for a cocktail at the swim-up pool bar next time.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mumneedsaholiday
Dear Mumneedsaholiday
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again for your friends 40th and for sharing your experience in this review. It was great to have you back with us, and we are pleased you like the changes the recent renovation and refurbishment has brought to so many aspects of our beautiful resort. As all mums need a holiday at some stage and you are just down the road, I hope that you will be able to come up again soon and enjoy that delicious cocktail while relaxing poolside. If Dad also needs a holiday we have plenty of options for fishing, golf, spa, jet ski/boat, bush walking and just lazing at the pool bar as more options if you get the chance to bring him along.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I am a bit reluctant to write a revue, as I don't really want to many people to visit the place, because it will get to popular. Anyway we love the hotel and like to stay there whenever we visit Noosa. Lovely quiet room on the top floor, just the best view up the river. We are an older couple and we so enjoy the convenience of the hotel in relation to the beach. The room service menu really does need to be updated, I'm sick of seeing the same old things. Dinner at the Beach House restaurant was lovely.

Room Tip: We prefer a river view and don't have to worry about kids, you may like a pool view and a lower...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann W
Dear Ann W
Thank you! Your approach to sharing your review made me smile and I am so glad that you took the time to do so. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us over the New Year period and I’m pleased that you were able to escape the festive holidaymakers and enjoy some quality time relaxing on your balcony. Thank you also for your feedback on the In Room Dining menu and I am pleased to let you know that our Executive Chef is currently working on introducing some new items to this menu which should be on offer shortly. Once again Ann W thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed our resort and hope you will return when you are next heading up to the Sunshine Coast.
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Nothing but great things to say about our stay at the Sheraton Noosa. Even before arrival we received amazing service from Guest Relations Manager Kate L. She helped coordinate ground transportation, recommended restaurants and helped us make the most of our time at the property. The staff were wonderful and everyone we interacted with carried a great attitude and approach to customer service. The location right in the middle of Hastings Street was great and the property was in fabulous condition including the rooms, pool area, etc. This was the true start of our Honeymoon and I would not have changed a thing. I would recommend this property without hesitation!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear EricL
Firstly congratulations on your recent wedding and I am delighted that you chose to spend your Honeymoon with us. And thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and post this wonderful review which has already been shared with our associates, Kate in particular, so they will know first-hand of your appreciation of their wonderful service. We are really excited to be working towards a connection of service with our guests that is personalized and valued by them and I am thrilled to see for Kate we have done so well on such a special occasion. Congratulations again, we’re delighted that you both enjoyed your special time here and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you back to beautiful Noosa.
Currumbin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed on a mystery hotel deal so did not get to choose what sort of room we would have. It ended up being a King room overlooking the river. It was very spacious and also very clean. The staff were courteous and helpful at all times. We parked on site which was an extra $20.00 per night. The position in Hastings St is very convenient to the beach, shops and restaurants.

Our balcony was large with a table and 2 upright chairs and a lounge chair. We were on the reception level and the end of the corridor which meant that our views were interrupted by the back of the boat hire shed but we could see the river and had lovely views into the trees which filled with lorikeets and other birds at dusk. We were happy to be there rather than overlooking the pool which would have been less peaceful.

The kitchenette had a microwave and basic crockery and cutlery so that we could prepare some meals in our room.

The bathroom has a separate spa bath from the shower and was also quite spacious with all the amenities one would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Our one disappointment was the lack of comfort in the indoor lounge and chair. They were hard and quite uncomfortable to sit on.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet stay the river views are probably better than the pool views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rose G
Thank you for much for taking the time to post your comprehensive review and for sharing so many aspects of your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the convenient appointments that we offer in all of our guest rooms ensured that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable.
Thank you also for your feedback on the indoor lounge and chair which I have taken onboard and will certainly look into in our future improvement programming. I have to agree with you on the river side of the Hotel as a personal choice over the poolside when it comes to the quiet and ambience of the river, but then again, ocean pool at early morning is also serene….the delight of Noosa. Once again Rose G, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you will have another opportunity soon to come and stay with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 Nights at this well managed hotel. Terrific Helpful and friendly staff! Amazing and outstanding breakfast.
Good equipped Roms. We had da nice Lagoon suite with a comfortable balcony.

The only negative was the showerless Pool with no separate Kids-area.
We won't Consider about what all These Kids and suncreamed adults left in the Pool.
So we enjoyed the ocean, just using the Pool towela at the beach.

So dear traveller: if you are not a Pool-lover go ahead to sheraton noosa heads,

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JohannesW
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Noosa Resort. I am flattered by your comments and will share them with the brekky team. With regard to the pool and spa area throughout the our peak season I will look at ways we can manage this impression you received better in future. Whilst we have the largest pool facility on Hastings Street and our entire pool and surrounding area is thoroughly cleaned every night, the spa pool is emptied and refilled daily and the pool filters are changed as needed or at least every alternate day to ensure that we showcase this wonderful facility at its best there can always be time to reflect and seek ways to improve and through your feedback we are able to identify what our guests “see” and I thank you for taking the time to share it. Should you have the opportunity to return at a different time of the year when the hotel and Noosa is not as busy, I’m confident that you will be able to enjoy the perfect balance of convenience and tranquillity you were searching for. If I can be of any assistance in that regard please don’t hesitate to connect with me. Once again thank you for your feedback, I hope you will return again soon however in the meantime we wish you all the very best for 2014.

Leatherhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We loved it here. We had a room overlooking the Noosa River and the sunsets were simply stunning - we sat on the balcony watching the sun go down with a chilled glass of white wine - bliss! Our room was extremely spacious and we had a mini kitchen area with kettle, fridge etc. Very useful. The bathroom was spotless and very practical with a spa bath. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast was good with a varied selection - no complaints although I had to pay extra for a flat white coffee which for some reason wasn't included in our rate. Excellent location in Hastings Street right across from the beach - lots of lovely shops and restaurants all around and the river on the other side of the hotel. The ferry stops right outside the hotel and we spent a very happy day on the river - hopping on and off the ferry. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river and you will get a lovely sunny room with amazing sunsets
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear NinkandTel
I was so proud when I read your review and would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us for your Noosa holiday. When I shared your review with the team here they were delighted that they played a part in creating some wonderful holiday memories for you both. The beauty and tranquillity of the Noosa River studios is my personal favourite as well for all the reasons you note and I am also pleased you found the size of the room and our facilities comfortable for your stay. Once again NinkandTel, thank you for your review and from all of us here, we wish you all the best for 2014 and safe travels back to the cooler weather of the UK.