“Wonderful 4 Nights, great location”

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton from Jan 1-5, 2014. What a great way to end our 2 week trip to Australia. We had stayed in some more rustic accommodations in other locations so we were ready for this lovely resort. The location on Hastings Street was very convenient. We walked to the National Park, the beach, shopping, dining and of course sampled all the ice cream shops! I also took a Sunset Boat Tour which departed right outside the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful in answering our many questions. We enjoyed the pool and ate the fabulous buffet breakfast each morning...yum! We had a rate that included breakfast for 2 of the 3 of us.

Thanks to Sheraton Noosa for running an outstanding resort and providing helpful service. Our room was very spacious and comfortable.

Room Tip: We had a view of the river, but a higher floor would have given us a much better view. Our view was...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear KDMaxx
I’m delighted that you have left our shores with some wonderful memories from the last leg your Australian holiday spent at the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa and would like to thank you for sharing your experiences.
I have already posted your positive words on our internal noticeboard for all of the team here to read and enjoy as ultimately the accolades must go to them for once again providing our guests with outstanding Sheraton branded service.
Once again KDMaxx, thank you for taking the time to post your review, I trust you have had a safe journey back to California and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you back to Australia and indeed to beautiful Noosa. I’m off to get one of those delicious ice-creams you mention!
Stephen Ferrigno

Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Firstly let me say that we did not stay at the Sheraton, we just had a couple of drinks in the foya. this is not usually somthing that we do but we were finding it very difficult to sit and get a drink in Noosa without going into a restaurant and eating. There appear to be no bars or pubs as the English would define them.

Large hotel foyas and bars are generally depressing places full of bored business men and Americans who know no better. The Sheraton Noosa is the exception. The front of house area is a beautiful conservatory type construction with lots of glass. You have to order at the bar unless you are eating, but the decor and seating are perfect for a spot of people watching.

Service was prompt and precise, the prices were a little steep but the beer and wine were both perfect.

highly reccommended to stop and take the weight off your feet and get the sun off your head.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear MarkandNic
It was fantastic to read your review and thank you for sharing your impressions of your time here at the Hotel. I must admit to being a little unsure of the reference to the Bar on Hastings Street or our River Lounge off the hotel foyer. The Noosa beach House Peter Kuruvita bar has certainly been well received since opening last year and being right on Hastings Street it is the ideal location to escape the sun, relax and enjoy a cold beer, wine or cocktail and ‘people watch’ from the comfort of your lounge and I am glad that you had the opportunity to do just that. The bar also offers an ever-changing all day dining menu where you can always find something to tempt your tastebuds.
Similar but different, the River Lounge off the Hotel foyer is a relaxing venue to unwind and as lazy as the Noosa River current one can relax and chill out to the music and entertainment (Andrew Lawson is my current favourite playing Bublé and Sinatra and some modern tunes as well). In any case, thank you for sharing your experience and I hope that we will have the opportunity to have you stay with us at the Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa the next time your travel plans bring you back to Australia and indeed to the beautiful and iconic Noosa Heads (and try the “other bar” next time around!)

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed there as a pre birthday treat for my husband. We got a promo rate online that was truly unbeatable! When we arrived, they were gracious to upgrade us and we were very impressed with the size of the room given. I could not fault anything! It was truly an amazing stay for us as we enjoyed the facilities, the service and the comfort of The Sheraton. We had the pool view and we were on the fourth floor. We will definitely return and this time, we will stay 2 nights!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear KMSM
What a wonderful review – thank you so much for your positive comments and I am delighted that your pre birthday stay here was so enjoyable. All of our guest rooms and suites are larger than the average hotel room and also have the additional appointments of kitchenette, balcony and spa bath as standard and I am so pleased that you found our facilities comfortable for your stay.
Maybe on your return stay you may enjoy a River View room so you can relax with a glass of wine and take in the tranquillity of the Noosa River and beautiful sunsets from the comfort of your private balcony.
Once again KMSM, thank you for choosing to stay with us and as you are virtually a local I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back for a longer stay sometime soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We spent the January long weekend at The Sheraton Noosa for our wedding anniversary. We hadn't stayed there for about 7 years. They have done a fab job on the renovations. The rooms are large, modern and have balconies. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel immaculately clean.

There is now a lovely riverside bar, something missing before the renovations. A beautiful spa but like most hotel spas, the treatments are too expensive.

The old breakfast/bar/restaurant area has been transformed into a well designed, stylish restaurant called Noosa Beach House. The lunch and dinner service is provided by chef Peter Kuravita. The food has a Sri Lankan influence and is spectacular. Try the snapper curry or morton bay bugs.

The breakfast buffet provided by the hotel is nothing to write home about and not as good as other hotel breakfasts we have experienced recently.

The hotel is located in the Main Street of Noosa Beach Hastings St. It is not on the beach which is a shame but it doesn't really seem to matter.

All in all it was a most pleasurable stay and we will go back.

Room Tip: Most rooms have either a river or street with glimpses of the ocean view. Either way they are good r...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PETAtravels
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear PETAtravels
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us over the recent long weekend and I am delighted that we were able to play a small part in ensuring that this special anniversary stay was a memorable one. Since we completed our renovations late last year, we have been receiving a lot of very positive feedback from our guests and I would like to thank you for sharing your own experiences in your review. I’m also glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy a drink in The River Lounge where you can now listen to local artist Andrew Lawson’s amazing talent and impressive playlist and take in Noosa’s best sunset views. Thank you once again for your review and for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon to the Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa so you can enjoy more of what the hotel and Noosa has to offer.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The first thing I have to say is that the customer service we received,from the time of booking to the minuit we left, was simply outstanding. Stephen the General Manager was exceptional to deal with, even giving us a room upgrade and bottle of sparking wine upon arrival. Stephens proffesionalism flows down through his staff and this reflects the experience you have staying at this resort. Quick pat on the back to Jon, the duty manager on reception when we checked in, A1 customer service(Pay rise due I think Stephen).The upgrade was long time due, and totaly changes the place. Swim up pool bar is fantastic as were the revamped rooms. Make sure you book in for dinner at the Noosa Beach House restaurant (resort restaurant). It is a Peter Kuruvita restaurant. I had his signature plate, the fish curry. Simply delicious.
Cant wait to return, this time we might even take the kids!!!!!
Great job Stephen, keep up the good work and your Guest are bound to return time and time again.

Room Tip: Pool view room great. When we return next time, we will have the kids and will try to ask for a pool...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Heath a
You have made my day! As General Manager I was very proud and also very humble when I read your review and have already shared it with the team here (especially to Jon) as the accolades and praise must go to them first and foremost for once again delivering the exceptional warm Sheraton branded service that we pride ourselves on.

I will also pass on your wonderful comments about your dining experience in Noosa Beach House to Peter when next I see him – the Fish Curry is a personal favourite of mine as well!
If you are bringing your children for your next stay, enquire about the option of staying in one of our pool side villas or pool access rooms, as they offer direct pool access which is convenient and beneficial for both parents and children.
Once again Heath a, thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review and I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon for another relaxing Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa holiday.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We regularly visit Noosa for conferences and since it's recent refurbishment, the Sheraton stands alone for comfort and value. Wonderful rooms, fittings, facilities and service. Can't ask for anymore. It's the place to stay in Noosa.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Arthurathana
I’m so pleased that you had a great stay and would like to thank you for your sharing positive comments online. It is always great to read when a guest has enjoyed their stay and I will certainly share your review with all of the team here. Thank you again for choosing the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa for your ‘home away from home’ stay and we certainly hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel and to beautiful Noosa whether it is for business or leisure.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This a great resort. However I feel the hotel needs an upgrade. The swim up bar is a great place to relax and have a drink. I would highly recommend this hotel for family holidays. Location is on Hasting Street, amongst the hustle and bustle, just around the corner from the only night club of Noosa, the Rolling Rock.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sadi I
I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us which I presume was prior to the completion of our recent renovations which included all of our guest rooms, resort pool area, restaurant and the external façade of the building.
This hotel is certainly in an ideal location, close to so many of the local attractions that appeal to a families and singles alike and I am so pleased that we were able to offer you everything you needed for a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Once again Sadi I, thank you for taking the time to share some of your holiday experiences with us and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you holiday in beautiful Noosa.