“Great front bar ”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Melbourne
“Great front bar ”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Peter Karivitas revamped front bar which overlooks the street is pure noosa style. Great service & ambience. Light dining options were fantastic. Will return.

One quibble- food arrived 'cool' as the waiter struggled to find our table number.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jiffy2006
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear jiffy2006
Thank you for your post and I am delighted that overall you had a very positive experience in the newly refurbished Noosa Beach House Peter Kuruvita. Since opening last year we have received some great feedback and being right on Hastings Street this venue is the ideal location to relax and enjoy a cold beer, wine or cocktail and ‘people watch’. As the bar offers an ever-changing all day dining menu where you can always find something to tempt your tastebuds, I am glad that you had the opportunity to do just that, however, I apologize that the service to the table resulted in the food being received too cold.
Once again jiffy2006, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you in Noosa Beach House the next time you are staying in Noosa.
Stephen Ferrigno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Overall we had a wonderful time. We had a 2 level poolside villa with 2 small children sleeping downstairs and us upstairs. The little kitchenette is great when the kids wake up wanting milk and food straight away. The rooms are clean and recently refurbished with great bathrooms. Check in was smooth and the resort not crowded at all. Access to the beach, restaurants and shopping couldn't be easier. The pool is great and the pool bar staff wonderful (then again there were never more than 6 of us at the bar at any one time). Being able to get back to the room from the pool in 10 steps with little kids is priceless. I imagine that this could be very noisy at peak season though.
The bed is great and the villa had plenty of room for the 4 of us.

The one thing that they just couldn't get right was leaving the sofa bed as a bed every day rather than making it back into a sofa. When we came back to the room for a lunch time rest or sleep we either had to call to get the bed made or take the kids to the upstairs bed (which didn't leave a spot for my wife to have a sleep). This was despite a request at reception and to the cleaning staff themselves. Not a big deal but frustrating when you have asked for the same thing from 3 different people on 3 occasions.

I also think it is unreasonable for the hotel to charge $55 PER NIGHT to have a cot in the room. It certainly doesn't cost them that amount and we were already paying the extra $55 per night to have the sofa turned into a bed. $55 per week I could understand.

Would we stay here again? Almost certainly yes. We had a wonderful time.

Once we have a 3rd child though the beachfront apartments which are currently more expensive become much more comparable price wise because of the extra bed/cot charges.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bonenomad
Thank you for coming to stay with us for your family holiday and for sharing your experience via this TripAdvisor post. We appreciate your insightful review and are delighted you love our unique position, convenience and spaciousness of our Poolside Villas. While the villas are in an ideal location for easy access to the Resort Pool facility, when you come and stay with us again (whether you have 2 or 3 children) may I suggest an alternative option of a two bedroom pool access suite. This may be a more cost effective choice for you which will still give your family the space and same convenience of a kitchenette but with the added inclusion of different bedding options which may suit your family better.

I would also like to apologise for the frustration you encountered in relation to the turning down of the sofa bed and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. While I am at a loss to explain why this happened on more than one occasion, please be assured that I have discussed your feedback with both our Housekeeping and Front Office Managers as this will give them the opportunity to look at improving the management of this simple procedure.

Once again Bonenomad, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next family holiday.
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January whilst on holiday from sydney, really nice professional service, clean rooms, good location near Hastings st, resturant was also very good, well worth the stay and will be back in the spring!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear JonOmear
Thanks so much for reviewing your January stay here at Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa. Your feedback and impressions of the resort and service are very much appreciated, as was your indication that you would return later this year.

We look forward to that, and in the meantime we wish you a wonderful 2014.
Australind, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here in feb in non peak season during the week. Was on level 6 in an ocean front studio. Beautiful views, clean room and very spacious - and we had a porter cot in our room! The hotel and it's grounds are very clean. Pool was lovely and I agree that it's smaller in real life so it would get very crowded during peak season- but we didn't have this problem. It's right on Hastings st which is cool but it is not right on the beach. It is one street back from the beach. Our trip was a combination of special occasions (anniversary, bday, babymoon) and whilst I rang prior to our stay to see if there was any chance of an upgrade I was a bit bummed that we didn't get one when the hotel was so quiet and it was a monday -Friday stay. However I did appreciate the complimentary champagne they gave on valentines day :) buffet breakfast was ok- not as good as the big hotels here in sydney or other countries Ive visited but they did have a great omelette chef and lovely fresh fruit. The staff at the hotel were so lovely and friendly. Especially the lady with red hair at the buffet breakfast ( I think she's a kiwi) she was nice and so was the egg chef. Thee friendliness really stood out as all the other places we visited at noosa I found the staff to be sooooooo rude.

To be honest- Noosa is ridiculously overpriced. But I Could justify paying the prices if the staff were nice. We ate at most of the ritzy places on Noosa beach and some were a major disappointment. Read my reviews on that later. To sum up the best places to eat were Noosa beach house which is at the sheraton (read my review), bistro c and season. Should you eat at Aromas, or Miss Moneypennys I hope your experience is better than mine- VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Would love to stay here again and if I get the chance I will

Room Tip: Ocean views are well worth it
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dede
Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a significant occasion with us and for sharing your experience and thoughts via this review - it was our pleasure to spoil you both on such a special occasions.

I was also delighted to know that our staff here looked after you so well with the warm, caring and efficient Sheraton branded service that we pride ourselves on delivering. We do spend a considerable amount of time and resources on our staff training and your feedback has certainly highlighted the fact that we are on the right track.
Once again Dede, thank you for your post and as the hotel is ideally located and caters for both singles and families alike, when you are looking to return, please contact the resort directly so we offer you the best accommodation options for your new family. From all of us here at the Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa, we wish you all the very best for this new and exciting time ahead.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We recently had a one night stay for a Saturday night, just a quick getaway. It was the first time we'd stayed since the refurbishment and we were very impressed by the new look and quality of the rooms & facilities.

We had some Starwood vouchers we intended to use during our stay to maximise our weekend, most importantly a "late checkout: 4pm" voucher. This was approved on Sunday morning (with a sense of exasperation) by one staff member at the reception desk. However, at about 2pm our room keys were deactivated and when we approached the desk to have this rectified so we could return to our room, she appeared to have forgotten that we'd been given a 4pm checkout. She also seemed to be annoyed that we hadn't checked out already. When we reminded her that she had approved our 4pm check out time that morning, she didn't apologise for the misunderstanding.

I can't remember the name of the staff member, however she would do well to brush up on customer service - we were made to feel like a major inconvenience for using our Starwood benefits and were treated incredulously with no apology being offered for the misunderstanding on her part.

If Sheraton & Starwood are going to offer their members bonus vouchers and other extras, then guests should be able to use them without being made to feel like an inconvenience.

Aside from this minor incident, our stay was fantastic! The rest of the staff were excellent, the pool was not crowded and was very relaxing, the breakfast was good and our room was lovely.

We will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Fe2589
Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your short getaway at the Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you have commented so positively on our recent renovations and overall had an enjoyable break.
I am however very concerned at the service shortfall you experienced in relation to your late checkout and would like to sincerely apologise for this negative interaction. The hotel spends a considerable amount of time and resources on staff training, especially our front line staff and your comments have certainly highlighted an area which needs further focus and training and I would like to thank you for bringing this incident to my attention.
Once again Fe2589, thank you for your feedback and as you are only just a short trip away, the next time you are planning a Noosa getaway, please contact either myself or our Guest Services Manager directly and we will ensure that every aspect of your next stay is memorable for all the right reasons.
Reviewed 7 February 2014

For the past six years every March a friend and I have been flying up to Noosa and staying at the beautiful Sheraton for four days to celebrate our birthdays. We have such a lovely time there and we looking forward to returning on the 28 February for our seventh visit to see all the new renovations. The staff there are so lovely and friendly and the pina colada's by the pool are the best I've ever tasted. We absolutely love the Sheraton Noosa and only 20 days to go.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 470Valerie
Dear 470Valerie
Thank you so much for choosing to spend your joint birthday celebrations at the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa every year and we are looking forward to showcasing our ‘new look’ resort to you later this month. If you have the time before you arrive, please contact our Guest Services Manager directly with the details of your stay, so we can once again ensure that your holiday celebrations are both relaxing and memorable – the Pina Coladas are waiting for your poolside!
Torrance, California
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton from Jan 1-5, 2014. What a great way to end our 2 week trip to Australia. We had stayed in some more rustic accommodations in other locations so we were ready for this lovely resort. The location on Hastings Street was very convenient. We walked to the National Park, the beach, shopping, dining and of course sampled all the ice cream shops! I also took a Sunset Boat Tour which departed right outside the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful in answering our many questions. We enjoyed the pool and ate the fabulous buffet breakfast each morning...yum! We had a rate that included breakfast for 2 of the 3 of us.

Thanks to Sheraton Noosa for running an outstanding resort and providing helpful service. Our room was very spacious and comfortable.

Room Tip: We had a view of the river, but a higher floor would have given us a much better view. Our view was...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear KDMaxx
I’m delighted that you have left our shores with some wonderful memories from the last leg your Australian holiday spent at the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa and would like to thank you for sharing your experiences.
I have already posted your positive words on our internal noticeboard for all of the team here to read and enjoy as ultimately the accolades must go to them for once again providing our guests with outstanding Sheraton branded service.
Once again KDMaxx, thank you for taking the time to post your review, I trust you have had a safe journey back to California and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you back to Australia and indeed to beautiful Noosa. I’m off to get one of those delicious ice-creams you mention!