“Great hotel”

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right in centre of Noosa and everything on doorstep. Staff very friendly especially lady on night duty in reception. Pool bar fab and jacuzzi on balcony a great bonus to a fantastic bedroom.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Samcross
I’m delighted that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us and have taken back some wonderful holiday memories with you to Ireland. Thank you for your review and for your recommendations and I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us the next time your travel plans bring you back to Australia and indeed to beautiful Noosa.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We scored a good deal on SPG for an overnight stay, and loved checking out this refurbished property. The new vibe is open, light and breezy, giving the already generously sized rooms a greater sense of space. Buffet breakfast (included in our deal) was great, and the proximity to beautiful main beach and the national park are unbeatable. We also enjoyed a swim in the pool which has a well stocked swim-up bar. Improvements could be made in the check-in, which felt a little chaotic (though enthusiastic), and the overcharging for wifi (seems standard in many Starwood properties).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank benchickens
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Benchickens
I’m delighted that you have commented so positively on our newly refurbished property and as a loyal Starwood and SPG guest, value the feedback that you have shared. Like many reviewers who are SPG members I am pleased we were able to provide the rewards and an upgrade to make your stay all that more memorable and it is great to see you are enjoying the value of your membership and all it brings.
As the warm and professional Sheraton branded service is something that we all pride ourselves on consistently delivering to our guests, your feedback regarding your check in experience will certainly be a focus of our Front Office training and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. In terms of the internet costs, Noosa is classified a Regional destination, Class 4 zone by the ISPs, meaning the costs to supply and provide internet to a remote destination (any business) are considered the highest (worst) they can be. A function of this means the high end supply chain cost is reflected in prices charged by ISPs to businesses in the Noosa area and are considerably higher than that of capital cities and larger towns or those closer to fibre optic networks.
With our very popular provision of complimentary wifi for one device we aim to soften this inconvenience and cost and only charge for internet where the user wants faster speeds and multiple devices. I understand your frustration especially given in most capital cities and so on wifi is a given and often subsidized entirely and perhaps one day we have the population and demand that will see these costs by ISPs reduce and flow on benefits to our guests.
Once again Benchickens, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to seeing you back here the next time you are up on the beautiful Sunshine Coast – the Pool Bar awaits!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I've reviewed the hotel twice before, this is the first time since renovations have been completed. Extensive renovations that have successfully updated a tired 1980's decor (our room had some fraying carpet by the balcony doors already). The pool area is huge, ensuring loungers for everyone, WIFI now available everywhere. Breakfast is excellent with a chef on hand for eggs etc.

Room tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool (worth paying for) as far along the room wings from the air conditioning cooling towers on the roof, if you are noise sensitive. This will be closer to the bars on Hastings St, which can have live music sometimes however.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura M

Dear Laura M
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us again and I am delighted to learn that this stay was a lot more relaxing (and quieter) that your stay last year. We have been receiving some very positive comments on all aspects of our renovations and as a return guest, your feedback is certainly valued. Thank you also for noting the condition of the carpet in your room as this will enable our housekeeping team to check for this when they are doing their rounds and we can rectify the fault as soon as possible.
Once again Laura M thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you back over to Australia and indeed to beautiful Noosa.
General Manager.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked the hotel for a weekend away for our anniversary and enjoyed every second of our stay, from checking in to checking out, the staff were attentive and friendly, the hotel had been recently renovated so the rooms were excellent. I don't think I have slept on a more comfortable bed!
We had dinner in the Beach House restaurant, which was fantastic.
I cannot praise this place enough.
We will definitely be back!

2  Thank David_Sion_1978
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear David_Sion_1978
Congratulations on your recent anniversary - It was a pleasure to have you staying with us recently for the weekend and I am delighted that we were able to play a small part in ensuring that this special stay was a memorable one. Since we completed our renovations late last year, we have been receiving a lot of very positive feedback from our guests and I would like to thank you for sharing your own experiences in your review.
I’m also delighted that you had such a wonderful sleep on our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. As this bedding concept is available to purchase from Sheraton On The Park in Sydney, please contact the hotel directly on sheraton.com/sydneysweetsleeper and they will be able to assist with the details.
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa possibly for your next anniversary (if not before), so you can enjoy more of what the hotel and Noosa has to offer.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I decided not to buy each other a Christmas present for 2013, instead we decided on a 4 day get away to Noosa. We had a ocean View King room. The room was clean, bright, comfortable bed, great bathroom and toiletries and the kitchenette very simple but adequate.

The room was large and had a double sofa along with a small table with two chairs. The outdoor balcony was small with two outdoor chairs and a small table, this was fine for two. the Kitchenette proved very handy, A microwave oven, fridge, sink, plates, cutlery and a decent bench and shelf. Our only disappointment was the inadequate space to put your clothes. There are two small wardrobes and two draws. one wardrobe had limited space due to the two draws and the placement of the in room safe. The other wardrobe was cluttered with ironing board, iron rack with iron and bathrobes. It would have been handy to have a chest of draws in the room.

The pool is very good as are the cabanas and deck chairs. However It was disappointing with the food and beverage facilities around the pool. First the pool bar did not open until late morning and seemed to close around 5. For a Weekend we thought this was not enough, especially in the morning as it would have been ideal to have breakfast around the pool. Whilst there was a good selection of drinks we felt the food offer was limiting and expensive for what it was. As we were there for four days of sitting around a pool to relax and recharge we just felt this let the experience down as everything else was so well done.

Every staff member we engage with were very professional, courteous, welcoming and friendly. I wish I could remember there names to thank them as all of them made sure they did their job to a high standard.

Overall a great hotel, at a great location with great service. I just wish they paid a little more attention to the service and offerings around the pool.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a high floor
1  Thank amsam

Dear amsam
Thank you for posting your review and for taking the time to share so many details of your stay with us. I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your Christmas present so much and I will certainly pass on your praise to the rest of the team here for once again delivering on the Sheraton service promise.
With regards to your comment of the shortage of storage space, for our guests staying a little longer with us we can arrange for an additional storage cabinet to be put into your room if we are made aware of this request before or during your stay. I am sorry that we were not aware of this during your stay as this small gesture would have enabled us to make your stay that little bit more comfortable for you.
Thank you also for your suggestions and feedback in relation to the Waters Edge menu and hours. I will certainly take your viable comments onboard and discuss them with our Resort Venues Manager and Executive Chef.
Once again amsam, thank you for choosing to holiday with us and please keep the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa in mind when you are making up your Christmas ‘wish list’ this year - we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had to go to the sunny coast for a funeral and decided to stay at the Sheraton at Noosa. I had stayed there on previous occasions although several years earlier. The check in was fine and the service from the Valet parking was first rate. However that was about where the service ended. There was no minibar whatsoever. Not even milk for tea. When I ordered a meal, the pot of tea arrived with a cup to pour it in. The waiter did not mention that the metal lids covering the meals were hot, so when I took the lids off I burnt my hands and blistered the tips of my fingers. The price for the meal was extraordinarily expensive as well. Eight dollars for a pot of tea... which con sited of hot water and a tea bag and no cup or saucer. For the money I was paying for the room, it did not come with wifi access ( it was a considerably more expensive option). I was somewhat frustrated with this whole experience and let my feelings be know to the staff when I left at 5am. The service was ordinary.

Room Tip: Be sure to mention if things are substandard. They are quite helpful....eventually.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Leslie M
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear LeslieM
Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your stay with us in August 2013 during the period in which the hotel was undergoing a $10M refurbishment. During this period that concluded in September last year some of the services, such as minibar, were removed during that period and I am pleased to confirm they are all back in the rooms for the enjoyment of our guests in our newly refurbished rooms.

Whilst part of this feedback is related to that rebuilding period in 2013, some isn’t and I am genuinely sorry that you left the hotel with a certain level of dissatisfaction at that time and am concerned to read that this experience is still disappointing for you some months later. I regret that these service shortfalls were not brought to our attention while you were still in house as this would have given me the opportunity to rectify them and avoid the negative memories that you have left with.

As we pride ourselves on providing a high level of service, facilities and genuine care for our guests and their individual needs it is disappointing to learn we have not effectively delivered on that promise in your eyes on this occasion and for that I am genuinely sorry.

While I cannot change what has happened and as it is difficult to “turn back the clock” and address some issues in this forum, if you would like to further discuss any aspects of your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

A nice foyer area leads to a nice pool area. The rooms were spacious. We had one overlooking the river so we enjoyed sitting on the balcony. Sensational bed with luscious feeling sheets. One of the best beds I have slept in on our travels. Deborah and Adam were two staff members who really helped make the experience more enjoyable. The restaurant whist being modern with lots of light lacked ambience and the feeling of being classy. The location is Hastings Street. Not beach front though. Good safe parking.

Room Tip: View of river

Dear AndyandCathy
Thank you for your review and your very positive words on our resort and its fabulous location.

We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to experience the beauty and tranquillity of the Noosa River from the comfort of your balcony. Your compliments have also been passed onto the Front Office team and to Deborah and Adam in particular, so they can see first-hand how much you appreciated their wonderful service.
I’m also delighted that you had such a wonderful sleep on our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. These beds and the linen components are available to purchase from Sheraton On The Park in Sydney via sheraton.com/sydneysweetsleeper.com or please contact us directly and we will be able to assist with the details.
Many thanks again for your review, and for choosing Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you back to beautiful Noosa.

Warmest wishes