“Nasty Pillows” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Brisbane, Australia
“Nasty Pillows”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

All the things you'd expect in a 4+ star hotel. Wonderful staff, lovely rooms, quality decore - everything just as it should be. Sadly the pillows were a big disappointment. Usually this wouldn't bother me too much but it made sleeping less then pleasant. I have stayed at least 3 times over the past few years and don't remember them to be a problem. Also - try and get a room away from the elevator - we were given 621 - top floor - lovely room and view but if you are sensitive to repetitive mechanical noise (in this case the elevator) try and get your room changed.
Best things about staying there - the wonderful staff, the spacious rooms and the location.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms nearby the elevators. The noise can be less than pleasant throughout the ni...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Detlef B
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa for your recent stay in Noosa and for taking the time to post your lovely review.
It is always great to read when a guest has enjoyed their stay and I will certainly share your review with all of the team here who take pride on consistently delivering warm Sheraton branded service.
I am sorry though that you did not mention your disappointment in relation to your pillow comfort while you were still in house as this would have given us the opportunity to offer you one of the alternative pillow types that we have available on request from our pillow menu. The next time you are staying with us, please mention your pillow preference either at point of reservation or at check in and we will do all we can to ensure that you have a comfortable night’s sleep.
Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are up on the Sunshine Coast.
Stephen Ferrigno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Alexandra Headland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were a bit apprehensive after booking this hotel as it said Bed type not confirmed. When we rang the hotel to inquire the very polite receptionist told me that because of the type of booking we had made we would only find out if it was a King Bed or two Doubles on arrival.
On arriving earlier (1:30 pm) than he normal check in time of 3:00 pm we were welcomed by the porter as we got out of the car, he asked if he could help with the luggage, he place all our luggage on a trolley and disappeared. We went to the front desk and were again welcomed by a very nice receptionist, she explained that we were in one of the suites, checked our information was correct explained where everything was in the Hotel gave us our keys.
We headed to our room via the very quick elevator wandered down a nicely carpeted hallway and got to our room. Upon entering the room we were very surprised at the size of the room, a Suite she had mentioned at the front desk, what an understatement. The room had a King bed, lounge area, table and chairs and a desk. We were able to see that we had a lovely view of the Weyba Creek. Not only that but there was a large hot tub in the corner of the balcony we managed to get a lot of use in that over our 2 day stay. The bathroom was large with a 2 person Spabath, large shower and twin basins, the amenities were a good quality.
Also the disappearing porter had already brought all our luggage and placed it in the room.
our only complaint was the air-conditioning in the room was quite noisy which made for a restless first night, we spoke with Reception who organised for maintenance to check the unit, whatever they did worked well enough so on the second night we had a better sleep in the comfortable king bed.
Overall a fantastic stay in a nice recently refurbished hotel with great staff. I would highly recommend booking a Lifestyle Studio room.

Dear Gollum1962
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for putting so much thought and detail into your review. The well known phrase ‘first impressions count’ is certainly a favourite of mine and I am delighted that you had such a positive experience from the moment you made your reservation, through to your arrival and during your stay with us. I am very proud of the team here and the effort they put in each day to help create wonderful memories for our guests and I have already shared your review with all of the team, especially the efficient porters who travel thousands of miles to make us smile. Once again Gollum1962, thank you for sharing your holiday experiences - it was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next taking a break on the beautiful Queensland Sunshine Coast.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton Noosa between 16.06.14 & 19.06.14 at a rate of $185 per night booked via www.lastminute.com.au

Look, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't awful but I stayed here years ago when the hotel was at its peak and had a great time and was so looking forward to coming back, but here's a hotel that has clearly lost its mojo.

I like a bit of buzz in places I stay, but there was none here. No vibe. I kept seeing the same dozen people.

The hotel was recently refurbished, but my room, while large, was bland and empty. It's not a question of filling a room with clutter, but if you are going to run with bigger than average rooms, they do need to be filled. The beige and cream colour scheme and empty spaces just look like cost cutting. Worse, the carpets in the room and the corridor had scuff marks and stains on them.

No offer of a morning newspaper. No evening turndown service. $8 tray fee for a room service burger. No free in-room internet (although this hotel is hardly Robinson Crusoe in this regard). There was just a lack of attention to details.

I stayed early in the week in the quiet season. The hotel was quiet. Granted I was in on a good rate but I was stowed in a ground floor room with no view (having stayed there I now understand why the hotel was discounting). My immediate reaction was annoyance at the lack of generosity on the hotel's part as their were dozens of better positioned rooms available.

That said, my this settled somewhat over the next day or so as I enjoyed direct access to the pool and could drip dry on the room's patio. These ground floor rooms with direct pool access would be good for families.

On the plus side : (i) there was a plunger and free Lavazza plunger coffee in the room, (ii) I lost my USB wireless stick on the way up but was saved for a day or so by the free computers with internet access in the Link alcove, (iii) the front line staff were exceptionally pleasant to deal with, (iv) you can hire a kayak for $10 or so an hour outside the hotel and go exploring the local waterways, and (v) it was winter but the sun was out and it was fine to swim in both the ocean and the pool.

In the last few days I've expressed my general disappointment in conversations with people who spend a lot of time at Noosa and the overall reaction is that nobody much stays at the Sheraton anymore (except perhaps international tourists with an SPG account)

It's a shame, but there are clearly better places to stay in Noosa for much the same price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fourteensquare
Dear fourteensquare

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again - I appreciate the time taken to provide the feedback you have in this post. At the same time I am very concerned that this stay did not meet your expectations and I would like to sincerely apologise that you have left the hotel with a certain level disappointment. In evolving our services to suit the market demand I am confident we are better positioned to deliver to our customers’ needs, however, I do take on board your preferences and have included them in your profile for future stays so a level of more personalized service can be tailored to your travel needs. Notwithstanding that, the option for a turndown service and newspapers have always been available at our resort and will continue to be available and highlighted on our guests’ profiles when guests indicate that these are services they would like and appreciate and at our Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft we find many of our guests enjoying the complimentary wifi available to them there throughout their stay as it enables them to stay connected to the things they love. On a positive note, I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of having a direct pool access room as these larger ground floor rooms and suites are certainly very convenient and quite popular with families and couples alike. Thank you also for noting the exceptional service you received from the front office team, I am always very proud when I read comments similar to yours and it is a delight to share this feedback with them. While I cannot turn back the clock and give you back the time from this stay, should you re-consider your decision and choose to stay with us again in the future, I am confident you will receive a level of service more tuned to your personal preferences and that your next stay is a memorable one for all the right reasons.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Really liked the update of the hotel rooms & lobby. Clean, fresh - nice colour palette in the rooms. The Noosa beach house restaurant in hotel is fabulous - great food & service.
Only let down was the pool - needs an adults only area & the pool bar shut too early :(

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SweetEating
Dear Melanie R
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Since the refurbishment finished late last year, we have been receiving a lot of positive feedback on our guest rooms, the exterior of the hotel and the Noosa Beach House Restaurant and Bar. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your review and I hope that you will have the opportunity to return soon, possible in the warmer months when the days are longer and the pool bar is open for an extended period.
Esk, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Se stayed at the Sheraton Noosa for a conference. The property has been recently refurbished with excellent minimalist decor and gives an immediate impression of modern class.
Our room was huge and well appointed with a pleasant view over the pool.
The staff are efficient and pleasant and its location in the middle of sophisticated Hastings Street allows easy access to many fine restaurants and a short walk to the beach.
The conference facilities were good --on a par with other quality hotels.
Recommended

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Martti K
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent conference. Upon reading your positive review and the recommendations you mentioned it reminded me once again just how lucky I am to be General Manager at a Sheraton and here in this destination that is Noosa. Without a doubt the word in your review and others frequently compliments the generous size of the standard hotel room, the variety in conference meeting space and the convenient location of the resort and facilities and ideal for small to medium size groups and conferences as well as those on holidays. I am delighted that you were able to make the most of your time here and I will eb sure to pass on your positive comments to the team as the staff take great pride in consistently providing all of our guests with warm Sheraton branded service in a professional and friendly manner and it will be a pleasure to share your review with them. Once again Martti K, thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon whether it is business or leisure that brings you back to Noosa.

Buderim, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place was a nice place to stay and relax for the weekend. The staff were lovely and the room we stayed in was large and had a lovely spar out on the veranda. We never had a chance to use the spar but next time we will. The place is close to the beach and other eating places.

Room Tip: try and get a room with a spa on the veranda
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Olie293
Thank you for your review and your very positive words on our resort and our associates.

We’re delighted you enjoyed your weekend stay and your compliments have already been shared with the team here so they can see first-hand how much you appreciated their wonderful service.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are staying up in Noosa – hopefully for a longer stay so you can really enjoy your Noosa Lifestyle Spa Studio experience.
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Modern clean hotel, pool great with swim up bar, great service, staff very helpful, room was a poolside villa large rooms on two floors with everything you need for a holiday. Great location right in the middle of noosa heads , shops all round We will be back.

1 Thank scottpanter
Dear Scotpanter
I am delighted that your stay with us in one of our Poolside Villas was everything that you had hoped for and that you also enjoyed the convenience of the hotel to so many of the local attractions. Your positive feedback and recommendations of the resort and service are very much appreciated and I would like to thank you for sharing your recent holiday experiences with us online. Once again Scotpanter, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are holidaying in Noosa.