“Excellent overnight stay!!”

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very large and well priced. Nice, clean and well equipped aswell.

The staff were nice especially reception staff.

The price of the food was a bit high eg: Pool bar and room service.

Last point I will make is shop around for the best room rate. After calling them and 2 mins online I had 3 different rates.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lars D
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Lars D
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review and for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted that your overnight stay was such an enjoyable one and I have already shared your kind words with the all of the team here, especially our wonderful Reception staff. Whilst I am not aware of the specifics of the call I hope the options provided were useful in best personalizing your reservation to include parking or breakfast or a particular room type or view. In any case, the next time your are planning a Noosa getaway, please contact the resort directly and we will be able to offer you the Starwood Best Rate Guarantee. Once again Lars D, thank you for sharing your experience and we certainly hope to welcome you back (hopefully for a longer stay) the next time you need another relaxing holiday in beautiful Noosa.
Stephen Ferrigno

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with DH and DS during our recent trip to QLD. We made the right choice in choosing this hotel. The room is the biggest I've ever stayed in the lowest category - Noosa Studio. They gave me the room which had direct access to the pool area. I love the bright colours. The studio had a kitchenette which was good for us as I needed to wash my DS milk bottles. It also had a microwave which we could heat up our leftover pizza. I must also highlight that the housekeeping even wash my DS's bottles and laid it out to dry.

Since it was winter, we just swam for about 15 minutes as the water was cold!

This hotel is a good choice as you are right on Hastings Street and just minutes to Main Beach. If I ever get the chance to visit QLD and make a trip to Sunshine Coast, Sheraton Noosa Hotel would be my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear phythia79
I was so proud when I read your review and would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us for your Noosa holiday. When I shared your review with the Housekeeping team here they were delighted that they played a part in creating some wonderful holiday memories for you and your family. All of our guest rooms and suites are larger than the standard and that coupled with the additions of the kitchenette, spa bath and balcony certainly make for a comfortable and convenient holiday and I am delighted that you were able to take full advantage of these appointments. Once again phythia79, thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope you will have the opportunity to come and stay with us the next time your holiday plans bring you back to beautiful Noosa.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was a return visit after a three-year absence and what a wonderful refurbishment has been undertaken! Everything looks so fresh and clean. Our room on the sixth floor overlooking the pristine Noosa River, from where we could watch the spectacular sunsets, was perfect. We even had Rosellas as visitors on the balcony! The king sized bed and bedding was very comfortable. The pool area is great, but wait service could be slightly improved. I applaud the introduction of the "green service" option, which we made use of. Buffet breakfast offered all the usual spread. We also enjoyed the Spa and had very relaxing hot stone massages and great facials. The gym is well-equipped with all machines having TV and ipod connectivity. Hastings Street has all been lit up with fairy lights and just looks magical at the moment. All in all, a great hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the Noosa River on the fifth and sixth floors on the left had side of, and awa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Houlihan2
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Houlihan2
What a pleasure it was to read your positive review and thank you for choosing to come and stay with us again.
Since we completed our renovations late last year, we have been receiving a lot of very positive feedback from our guests and I would like to thank you for sharing so many of your own experiences in your review.
The beauty and tranquillity of the Noosa River studios and the winter sunsets is my personal favourite as well for all the reasons you note (including the rosellas on your balcony) and I have noticed on the site that some guests have had similar experiences with these beautiful birds and posted their photos on here.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon to the Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Family holiday with 3 young kids so booked 2 bedroom pool view suite. Expensive (~AUD 650 / night) but worth it. Staff could not be more helpful esp. the ladies on the concierge desk! Pool is brilliant for kids. Beds are very comfortable - something this hotel rightly hangs its hat on. Had dinner at Peter Kuruvita restaurant that is part of the hotel (The Beach House) - cannot recommend this highly enough.

Room Tip: We had room on 6th floor overlooking pool. Very quiet and brilliant view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michael F
It was a pleasure to read your review and positive recommendations and I am delighted that you and your family have taken home some wonderful memories of your Sheraton Noosa holiday.
I’m glad that you were able to experience so many of the hotel’s facilities and that our staff once again delivered our Sheraton service promise. Our two bedroom pool suites are an ideal choice for families who are seeking the combination of space and convenience and I am glad that this choice suited your needs. As an option for the future, we also have ground floor rooms and suites with direct pool access which are also convenient for families with children.
I am also pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. If you are interested in purchasing any of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper products they are available online from Sheraton On The Park in Sydney via Sheraton.com/sydneysweetsleeper.
Once again Michael F, thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experiences and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in Noosa.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

All the things you'd expect in a 4+ star hotel. Wonderful staff, lovely rooms, quality decore - everything just as it should be. Sadly the pillows were a big disappointment. Usually this wouldn't bother me too much but it made sleeping less then pleasant. I have stayed at least 3 times over the past few years and don't remember them to be a problem. Also - try and get a room away from the elevator - we were given 621 - top floor - lovely room and view but if you are sensitive to repetitive mechanical noise (in this case the elevator) try and get your room changed.
Best things about staying there - the wonderful staff, the spacious rooms and the location.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms nearby the elevators. The noise can be less than pleasant throughout the ni...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Detlef B
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa for your recent stay in Noosa and for taking the time to post your lovely review.
It is always great to read when a guest has enjoyed their stay and I will certainly share your review with all of the team here who take pride on consistently delivering warm Sheraton branded service.
I am sorry though that you did not mention your disappointment in relation to your pillow comfort while you were still in house as this would have given us the opportunity to offer you one of the alternative pillow types that we have available on request from our pillow menu. The next time you are staying with us, please mention your pillow preference either at point of reservation or at check in and we will do all we can to ensure that you have a comfortable night’s sleep.
Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are up on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were a bit apprehensive after booking this hotel as it said Bed type not confirmed. When we rang the hotel to inquire the very polite receptionist told me that because of the type of booking we had made we would only find out if it was a King Bed or two Doubles on arrival.
On arriving earlier (1:30 pm) than he normal check in time of 3:00 pm we were welcomed by the porter as we got out of the car, he asked if he could help with the luggage, he place all our luggage on a trolley and disappeared. We went to the front desk and were again welcomed by a very nice receptionist, she explained that we were in one of the suites, checked our information was correct explained where everything was in the Hotel gave us our keys.
We headed to our room via the very quick elevator wandered down a nicely carpeted hallway and got to our room. Upon entering the room we were very surprised at the size of the room, a Suite she had mentioned at the front desk, what an understatement. The room had a King bed, lounge area, table and chairs and a desk. We were able to see that we had a lovely view of the Weyba Creek. Not only that but there was a large hot tub in the corner of the balcony we managed to get a lot of use in that over our 2 day stay. The bathroom was large with a 2 person Spabath, large shower and twin basins, the amenities were a good quality.
Also the disappearing porter had already brought all our luggage and placed it in the room.
our only complaint was the air-conditioning in the room was quite noisy which made for a restless first night, we spoke with Reception who organised for maintenance to check the unit, whatever they did worked well enough so on the second night we had a better sleep in the comfortable king bed.
Overall a fantastic stay in a nice recently refurbished hotel with great staff. I would highly recommend booking a Lifestyle Studio room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gollum1962
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for putting so much thought and detail into your review. The well known phrase ‘first impressions count’ is certainly a favourite of mine and I am delighted that you had such a positive experience from the moment you made your reservation, through to your arrival and during your stay with us. I am very proud of the team here and the effort they put in each day to help create wonderful memories for our guests and I have already shared your review with all of the team, especially the efficient porters who travel thousands of miles to make us smile. Once again Gollum1962, thank you for sharing your holiday experiences - it was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next taking a break on the beautiful Queensland Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton Noosa between 16.06.14 & 19.06.14 at a rate of $185 per night booked via www.lastminute.com.au

Look, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't awful but I stayed here years ago when the hotel was at its peak and had a great time and was so looking forward to coming back, but here's a hotel that has clearly lost its mojo.

I like a bit of buzz in places I stay, but there was none here. No vibe. I kept seeing the same dozen people.

The hotel was recently refurbished, but my room, while large, was bland and empty. It's not a question of filling a room with clutter, but if you are going to run with bigger than average rooms, they do need to be filled. The beige and cream colour scheme and empty spaces just look like cost cutting. Worse, the carpets in the room and the corridor had scuff marks and stains on them.

No offer of a morning newspaper. No evening turndown service. $8 tray fee for a room service burger. No free in-room internet (although this hotel is hardly Robinson Crusoe in this regard). There was just a lack of attention to details.

I stayed early in the week in the quiet season. The hotel was quiet. Granted I was in on a good rate but I was stowed in a ground floor room with no view (having stayed there I now understand why the hotel was discounting). My immediate reaction was annoyance at the lack of generosity on the hotel's part as their were dozens of better positioned rooms available.

That said, my this settled somewhat over the next day or so as I enjoyed direct access to the pool and could drip dry on the room's patio. These ground floor rooms with direct pool access would be good for families.

On the plus side : (i) there was a plunger and free Lavazza plunger coffee in the room, (ii) I lost my USB wireless stick on the way up but was saved for a day or so by the free computers with internet access in the Link alcove, (iii) the front line staff were exceptionally pleasant to deal with, (iv) you can hire a kayak for $10 or so an hour outside the hotel and go exploring the local waterways, and (v) it was winter but the sun was out and it was fine to swim in both the ocean and the pool.

In the last few days I've expressed my general disappointment in conversations with people who spend a lot of time at Noosa and the overall reaction is that nobody much stays at the Sheraton anymore (except perhaps international tourists with an SPG account)

It's a shame, but there are clearly better places to stay in Noosa for much the same price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank fourteensquare

Dear fourteensquare

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again - I appreciate the time taken to provide the feedback you have in this post. At the same time I am very concerned that this stay did not meet your expectations and I would like to sincerely apologise that you have left the hotel with a certain level disappointment. In evolving our services to suit the market demand I am confident we are better positioned to deliver to our customers’ needs, however, I do take on board your preferences and have included them in your profile for future stays so a level of more personalized service can be tailored to your travel needs. Notwithstanding that, the option for a turndown service and newspapers have always been available at our resort and will continue to be available and highlighted on our guests’ profiles when guests indicate that these are services they would like and appreciate and at our Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft we find many of our guests enjoying the complimentary wifi available to them there throughout their stay as it enables them to stay connected to the things they love. On a positive note, I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of having a direct pool access room as these larger ground floor rooms and suites are certainly very convenient and quite popular with families and couples alike. Thank you also for noting the exceptional service you received from the front office team, I am always very proud when I read comments similar to yours and it is a delight to share this feedback with them. While I cannot turn back the clock and give you back the time from this stay, should you re-consider your decision and choose to stay with us again in the future, I am confident you will receive a level of service more tuned to your personal preferences and that your next stay is a memorable one for all the right reasons.

Stephen Ferrigno

Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosa
The Sebel Noosa
Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas
RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa

Been to Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort? Share your experiences!