“Great stay at The Sherton”

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“Great stay at The Sherton”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is lovely very spacious. Every single staff member was excellent to deal with. They offer a $20 voucher to use at the Pool Bar or toward breakfast if you decline housekeeping. They all acknowledge you with a smile and nothing was too much trouble. The standard Hotel rooms are very spacious, I have also stayed in a suite but I dont feel they are worth the extra money per night unless you can get a good deal or a free upgrade. The mini bar wines and room service breakfast is stupidly over priced. For example $18 for a smoothie plus $8 to deliver ! We had buffet breakfast included which we enjoyed though it does lack some variety and options and gets a bit boring after a couple of days. If a view is important to you be sure to ask when you book as some rooms overlook a car park or other buildings. We look forward to coming back again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear GlowmeshGirl,
Thank you for your complimentary review and I have taken a copy and popped it up on our Guest Feedback board for all of my team to see and celebrate. You kind words were lovely to read and I am pleased that you enjoyed the size of the rooms, the décor and most importantly the service my team delivered in true Sheraton branded style.
Stephen Ferrigno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa is handily located on Hastings Street right in the middle of Noosa. However, the hotel is located on the landward side of Hastings Street and thus would not be suitable for guests wanting direct beach access or sea views. The beach isn't far and is across the road and down the rear of the properties on the other side.
The property has been recently renovated and it now has a brighter and fresher ambience than previous. The Sheraton has all the facilities you would expect from this chain and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very large and spacious with each having a balcony for relaxing and enjoying the views.
Whilst my visit was out of the high season, the room rates seemed very reasonable for this standard of hotel, particularly as it included a full breakfast.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a V-shape directed towards the direction of the sea and the beach. Rooms on the outs...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Mark S,
It is always special to receive positive reviews from our guests and particularly those so well-travelled as yourself. Whether a first time or a return visit we take great pride in serving our guests and I am pleased that once again we were able to create some wonderful Noosa memories for more Sheraton guests. I look forward to welcoming you back again on day.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had never been to Noosa and the Sheraton was a great choice as it is a beautiful hotel with an amazing swimming pool for the kids, and so close to the beach and the great restaurants on Hastings Street. The room on the 5th floor (pool outlook) also had a view out the side over the ocean and we enjoyed having a glass of wine on the balcony. The staff were pleasant and helpful and in particular Jamie in the restaurant. Our son has a dairy allergy and on the first morning of the wonderful breakfast buffet my son asked for some dairy - free pancakes and scrambled eggs, and the next morning and each morning afterwards without us asking, Jamie had these made and ready for our son when we arrived and that is just extremely thoughtful. We did have drinks at the pool charged to our room by mistake and also charges from the minibar that we didn't have, so that was a small annoyance but quickly cleared up by the manager. Overall very impressed and would recommend.

Room Tip: Can get views of the ocean from pool side if you are on levels 5 or 6
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Leslie C,

Thank you for taking time out to write and share your recent time spent with us here at the Sheraton in Noosa. I am particularly pleased that Jamie’s efforts have been recognized in this forum as he is truly one of our best associates who takes great pride in personalizing each guests experience whenever he can. To know he was able to do so for you and your son is wonderful to read about. I am also appreciating of the balance in your review and more so that the issues were handled so efficiently when it came time to check out. I hope that you come back again very soon and look forward to seeing you then.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent stay at the Sheraton Noosa,staff were extremely polite & helpful throughout our 10 day stay

The hotel is fantastically positioned in Hasting Street Noosa just across from the beach in the heart of Noosa

The breakfast was excellent value with an extremely large choice of Fresh & cooked breakfast,from the chef cooking your choice of eggs to the smootie blender allowing you a choice of fresh fruits to produce your own blend including fresh Ginger

The Pool & Gym(with free towel service) allowed for a relaxing stay

Steve-thank you for explaining the position regarding Internet access(is free in the main lobby-but a charge for access in your room)

Would recommend the Fraser Island & Eco rain forest safari from the hotel lobby

Room Tip: We had a Pool access room on the second floor-nice quiet room with immediate access to the Pool/Gym...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear AndrewFuller0104,

Thank you for the review and time spent discussing your stay here. I appreciated the opportunity to discuss your experience with the Hotel and my team and of course the time spent in Noosa. I hope one day your memories are sufficient in magnetism to bring you back here and to Noosa and look forward to one day catching up. Safe travels home.

Regards,
glasgow
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We got a stunning deal on Expedia UK that may our stay here all the better. The "suite" we got with spa tub was huge, clean and more than comfortable.
John the American chap on the front desk went out of his way to make us feel welcome, the front door and parking staff are great and a good laugh.
If we get this same price again this is the best place to stay in Noosa,

Room Tip: Book with Expedia UK !
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear row62,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton in Noosa and your time holidaying here. It is of particular merit to learn the service and staff created some nice memories for you and I am pretty sure they enjoyed your company as much as you theirs. Jon receives so many compliments with his naturally warm and service focussed smile and again I will pass on your kind words. We hope you do get as good a deal again and if not don’t forget to try our site or call the Hotel! See you soon row62.
New Zealand
Reviewed 19 July 2014

From arrival to departure we were made to feel special in a pleasant genuine manner. The whole staff without exception were exemplary. It really doesn't matter how wonderful the facilities are, how appetising the meals are, how spacious and well appointed the rooms are or how beautiful the outlook from the balcony, it's the staff of the hotel that create a lasting impression.
We had booked for a weeks warmth, away from the cold NZ winter. Our travel agent chose this hotel and booked limousine transfers with Hugh's Travel. We had the most fantastic driver, Daniel, who made the long journey entertaining and stress less. (It was nose to tail on the motorway due to a major concert taking place at a venue near the motorway.)
We arrived late evening in Noosa Heads to a view that, for me, was breath taking. All the trees on Hastings Street were bedecked in white fairy lights. (Being English I truly miss the Xmas lights, so my trees in NZ are bedecked with solar lights all year round!) sad I know but it makes me happy. Back to the Sheraton.
We were greeted by a lovely, dark haired young lady at reception. Her name was Anne as I recall but I'm afraid my memory for names is somewhat unreliable these days. As all the reception staff were so helpful and pleasant in their dealings with all visitors, it probably would be inconsiderate of me to single one out above the others.
Our spacious king bedded room on the top floor had a large balcony overlooking the pool and with the sea view we requested. Better still it faced West, giving us the most glorious sunsets to view, whilst sipping our pre dinner drinks.
Sleep quality was exceptionally good. The bed was so soft yet very supportive. No aching back in the morning.
Dinner the first night, due to the late arrival ( 8pm) was taken in the bar attached to the restaurant.
Again the staff were lovely and the bar food was well cooked and presented.
Breakfast was amazing considering the choices and Sean (the chef from Liverpool) was excellent. Small gripe about the rolling toaster being replaced by two old domestic toasters, when it broke down. Bit chaotic, with a mass, not queues, of people in confined space, watching toasters, wanting to order eggs but unsure whether to do so before toast or after.. Amusing looking back. Possible subject for a situation comedy. Needless to say, Sean sorted it the following day together with the lack of butter.
Evening meals were excellent in every way. The restaurant is open to non guests so make sure you book a table in advance.
The village/town of Noosa Heads was captivating. Beach walks, sea swimming, surfing, canoeing, river taxis, boat hire, bush walks and shopping. Cafés and bars abound, enabling the weary to simply sit and engage in the most interesting pastime 'people watching'.
We went on a boat to the Sunday market at the far end. It called at 7 little quays, each having a different type of attraction. You could hop on and off as many times as possible visiting as many of attractions as you wished. It was a lovely way to travel and a fun day out. We took a water taxi another day. The skipper,Tony?, gave us a very informative talk on the area and we saw Richard Branson's new house,, (before he did!!)
Some reading this may think its a long winded report. I agree but then I think this hotel, it's staff and it's location deserve the effort.
J

Room Tip: We had room overlooking pool facing West high floor. But rooms overlooking River would get early mo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jennam4,
I loved your review and whilst I am biased I think most people reading it will agree that it is concise across so many areas of the hotel and to the point especially for those researching the potential to stay here in future. Your balanced complimentary feedback is appreciated and especially for Sean at breakky and the team I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments. Jennam4, for my team and I to know we have played a small part in creating some wonderful Noosa memories is central to our brand values and I thank you for sharing it with so many.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last week and the room was huge and the view over the river was great. Breakfast was fantastic and I like the added touch of being able to make your own vegetable/ fruit juice. I haven't seen this before at a hotel buffet.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Adelaide204,

Thank you for your review and I agree the views down the Noosa River are probably the most relaxing and best in my opinion. Whilst many guests prefer the Ocean or Poolside views for me it will always be River. I have passed onto our Chef Frank who along with Jamie and Sean and the team delivered the new juice feature you spoke about and today’s day and age of healthy eating I am glad we provided an option you enjoyed so much. I look forward to seeing you here in Noosa again soon.