“Really great”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Sydney, Australia
“Really great”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

OK this is real, I am not "the hotel" you can contact me via my website youtube.com/compellingtv if you don't believe me.

I read reviews of the Sheraton, Sebel and Outrigger before I booked the Sebel. Some folks mentioned a "mold smell" in the rooms which worried me (I'm asthmatic) but it seemed better than the Outrigger for a few reasons.

The rooms are really fantastic. Huge living area with big tv, dvd/stereo, sofa, 2 arm chairs, dining table and fully equipped kitchen. There was no mold smell (I sniffed the curtains). The sofa isn't the most comfortable thing in the world but seriously, it's fine. Cushions had a slight smell of chrlorine where a previous guest had obviously been to the pool and sat on them with wet butt. I didn't ring to get this fixed but I have no doubt they would have.

Adjoining the lounge area was bedroom with double bed and another wall mounted tv in the bedroom (awesome). Spa bath IN the bedroom and I could swivel the tv to watch it in the bath. Another part of the room had a shower, toilet and sink - really nicely kitted out. Balcony had nice wooden chairs table which directly overlooked the side wall of the adjoining property (Bella Casa) which isn't your best option if you want a view (other rooms overlook the pool), but no problems with that.

Staff were friendly and courteous, I had multiple calls asking me if I needed help with booking trips, resturants, transport which reception took care off.

Hotel facilities are basic (nice pool area though), no on-site restaurant but that's irrelevant - you are DIRECTLY in the center of Hastings street, you walk out the hotel you're next to a restaurant (outrageously expensive) - they can deliver room service in the hotel. There's so many decent restaurants on the street you'd be foolish to dine in a hotel one anyway.

I'm glad I didn't book the Outrigger - it really is a fair distance from the action compared to this. You are literally a 1 minute walk from beach in this place.

Went in the Sheraton briefly, their resort facilities are better - pool was bigger with a bar in it! they have a couple of food options inside (again, no necessity) and computer room / free wifi (which I may have used in the lobby ;-). The building does look shoddy from the outside but the lobby interior was certainly up to par.

Anyway, Sebel was great, it's more a self contained apartment complex than a hotel, I'll have zero hesitation in booking there again.

Room Tip: Book early, request pool facing.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Wellsford, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great unit, lovely clean and tidy. Right in the middle of the action

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank murraydi
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2011

A group of friends and I stayed here for one night as a birthday celebration. Our two bedroom apartment was spacious and had a great view over the pool! Unfortunately we didnt get to use the pool facilities as it was heavy rain the entire time we were there :(

After buying some wine, we put it in the fridge door, where we discovered that the door shelf wasn't inserted correctly, and we ended up with a bottle of wine smashed all over the tiles. The staff were prompt in sending up cleaners (within a couple of minutes) and they even replaced our wine :)

Would visit again when in Noosa!

Room Tip: Two bedroom apartment has one king bed, two singls, and a double sofa
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sachabella
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here in January to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday with our 21 year old daughter. You can't get a better location as far as walking out the door and being in the thick of it all - which I love! The setting of the hotel is beautiful - the pool area very inviting (full of kids as we always have to travel in the school holidays but to me families enjoying themselves is never a problem). The service was fantastic and very friendly, the room always cleaned beautifully. We had a 1 bedroom with lovely well equipped kitchen, comfy couches (one of my important things to be able to sloth in comfort) and a balcony with table and chairs. Our bed was lovely and comfy and the bathroom (type of ensuite) had a wonderful deep bath. There were a couple of things (squeaky toilet door) that I mentioned to housekeeping and they were fixed straight away. Our daughter had her own room. We were there during the January floods and the GM kept us all updated to the minute through TV announcements. With all the rain it was definitely a lovely place to be and so central to be able to pop out into Hastings Street and enjoy all the fantastic cafes, restaurants and shops.
It's my turn to turn 50 in October - I was thinking of going somewhere else (we live in Sydney) in QLD but it's very hard to go past staying here in wonderful Noosa.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Edsoph
Ipswich, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed for a weekend at the Sebel on Hastings Street, Noosa in a one-bedroom apartment. The apartment was nice although it did not have a view. But it was quiet and clean. It had all the necessities. A few things could be improved: wardrobe space was very limited. The remote in the living area was not working well and not very user friendly. Down light above the basin did not work. But overall it was a good experience.

However, the part that was above excellence was the service. The girls at reception were so friendly and helpful. I would really give them 5 stars!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank boffin13
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Have always wanted to stay here as it always looks so inviting from Hasting Street with all the fountains splashing away. Unfortunately our 1-bed apartment was on the ground floor and was extremely close to the building next door so it felt very closed in. When we went to get our extra pillows from the closet in the bedroom they were soaked with water - apparently there had been a flood in the room above us and although the room had been checked the bedroom closet wasn't. The room was certainly large and well furnished. The pool area is nice but get a few kids in there and it gets very noisy. Hotel rooms open onto the pool area too and with sliding doors wide open and TVs blaring away it takes away from the resort ambience. You can't fault the location but if you are staying here do try to get a room with a view or consider staying elsewhere for the money.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family