“Standard apartments so much better than Deluxe!”
Review of The Sebel Noosa

The Sebel Noosa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Brisbane, Australia
“Standard apartments so much better than Deluxe!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My partner and I booked a deluxe apartment $360 per night at Sebel one weekend in June 2013. We wanted to have a nice weekend away, and thought this looked like it was in a good location (which it is) in the main street of Noosa.
We arrived late on a Friday night (as we travelled from interstate) and I was in absolute shock to see the condition of our 'deluxe' one bed apartment on top floor. It was seriously outdated, old old furniture, floors, appliances. The bathroom looked reasonable, however I phoned the hotel staff and questioned if this was indeed the 'deluxe' - not just standard room. I was told it was the deluxe, due to its size (as it was big) and as it was on the top floor.
I was not happy with the standard of the room as it did not look anything like the pictures I had seen (on the web) and relied on at the time of booking. I asked if we could see a standard room, and the lady at the desk was very obliging. She took me to view it, and we changed rooms straight away. The standard apartment is smaller and on the ground level, however it was much cleaner and so much more nicer!
Kudos to the lady who was very patient with me (I must admit I was tired and a bit irritable from the trip). If you are going to stay here, it is a good location and definitely stay in a standard room - much more worth your buck!

Room Tip: Don't splurge and pay big bucks for the deluxe - the standard (smaller) apartments are newer and...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KS-brisbane
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 10 September 2013

I appreciate your thorough and honest review of our property.

My biggest concern is the state of the room you had when you arrived. All our rooms should be of the same standard. I will get Maintenance up to all our Deluxe rooms and give the furniture a bit of attention.

I do like that you liked our other rooms though. Our Housekeeping team does take personal pride in the cleanliness of the rooms, and I will be pleased to share your feedback with them.

Just quietly, having stayed at the resort a few times over my 3 years of managing the resort, while I do like staying in the deluxe rooms...I like the quietness of our 'entry level' rooms, you almost feel like you are the only guest in the resort. The deluxe rooms are great though to look out over the resort and keep an eye on everyone!

I guess posting that on social media is not keeping it quiet!

Looking forward to having you stay with us again, and give me a call before you come, and I will make sure you get the room you are after the first time.

Cameron (General Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Perth
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great location onto Hasting Street right in the heart of restaurants. Good secure parking with easy lift access. Rooms were large, and well situated. Childrens pool was great, though only suitable for under 5 years or non swimmers as it is very shallow, and always in shade, which was great. The adults pool is not really kid friendly, very deep and not large, wouldn't like to be there in school holidays. Very difficult for prams etc around adult pool. Which is great if you don't have any children. I was there with my grandchildren so saw a different side to everything than when we normally travel with the 2 of us.
Linen was lovely in the rooms, and bathrooms large. Nice relaxing lounge on the balcony.
Lounge chairs were not that comfortable, but certainly nothing to really complain about.
Room was well presented on entry, and having mini kitchen was great, dishwasher excellent. Also has washing machine and dryer.
Opposite hotel on Hasting Street is laneway to beach, so great access.
Would well recommend this venue.

Room Tip: They all looked good.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

I enjoyed reading your review. Also great to hear that you had some valuable family time with your grand children.

We have set up the resort to cater for couples and families alike, and it is rare to see a resort set up to accommodate everyone living harmoneously. The pool area isn't too bad during school holidays as we find most families head accross the road to Noosa's main beach.

Once again, thank you for your review...we look forward to welcoming you and the family back againg sometime soon.

Sydney
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at the Sebel in Noosa again for a nice couples' weekend away without our kids. On prior occasions we had stayed at the Sebel in 2 br apartments with our 2 kids and loved the proximity to the beach and Hastings Street, a nice outlook, great sized apartment and helpful staff.

We again experienced this on this visit but did notice that the 1 bedroom apartment we stayed in on this trip was looking a bit tired. Whilst the pool is great for the kids and the size of the 2bedroom apartments is good, if it was just the two of us on a trip to Noosa again, I'm not 100% sure that we would look at staying at the Sebel given the other options.

One additional point is that they have finally added a gym which is great. The equipment is all Life Balance and good stuff. The room however is absolutely tiny! I was the only person in there so there wasn't a problem but I think it could become cramped with just one more person in there. Shame given that it would have just taken up one more carspace in the basement to make this new facility more practical. Very happy that there is at least a facility in place now though.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom apartments are much better than 1 br. Ask for an apartment overlooking the river.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

I enjoyed reading your review...and pleased to hear you noticed the addition of the gym. I can tell you that we added that after previous comments on Tripadvisor and other social media sites, so all guest feedback is valuable to improve hotel services.

Unfortunately space was limited as we could only use land that was not owned by someone else...and those carparks are owned by individual owners. Having reasearched other hotel gyms, ours is of a similar size (and at times larger) to hotels with the same amount of rooms as ours. We never designed it for large amounts of people to use at the same time. Unlike a city hotel, Noosa has many outdoor areas to excercise in at the doorstep of the resort, and many of our guests choose to run along the river or hike through the National Park. The gym is just one option for many fitness options in town.

I am glad you got some alone time away from the kids. But please do not give up on us, we have some exciting enhancements coming up, and we would love to show them off to you in the coming months when you next plan your Noosa escape.

See you soon.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2013

First time staying at the Sebel Noosa - was excellent. The room was spacious and the bathroom was amazing. Service by the reception staff was excellent too.
The location was so convenient to everything too. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Glad you enjoyed your time in Noosa and at the resort.

But you have to plan an non-work trip next time, and really put your feet up and relax.

Give me a call when you plan to escape to Noosa, and one of our team will make sure we give you as relaxing a stay in Noosa as we can.

See you back up here again soon.

brisbane
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Free parking makes a difference and the ease of getting from the car park to the block where we were allocated was great.
Our one bedroom apartment was well appointed with a large bathroom but unfortunately the single wardrobe was hopelessly inadequate. The safe, installed on top of the wardrobe, was difficult to access but at least it was available and welcome. Unfortunately our apartment did not have a view; the outside space, complete with table and chairs, was completely overlooked and never appeared to get any direct sunlight. A washing machine and dishwasher were particularly welcome.
On the whole this was a pleasant stay.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WhamBrisbane

I enjoyed reading your comment, and you used a lot of the features of the apartment. Sorry to hear though that the outlook from the balcony was not to your liking. Some of our guests love the secluded feel of those balconies, but some don't. Our aim is to please everyone, so the next time you make the trip north up the Bruce Hwy, please get in contact and we will make sure you get a room with a more open faced balcony.

And I agree, those small wardrobes are a bit of a downer, but we have a plan in place in the coming months for a solution.

Looking forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Great location, great value. Central to everything being on Hastings Street (1 minute walk to the beach, shops, restaurants) but still quiet in the evenings. Staff were excellent and rooms were clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

I love it when we tick all the boxes, and satisfied all your needs.

Thank you for your great comment...I have already put it up on the staff wall!

See you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was my 2nd stay at the Sebel and I love it. Great location, right in the centre of Hastings St, friendly staff and very spacious apartment. The pool area is looking a little bit tired though - noticed signs of old age!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Good day IntrepidTraveller35,

Thank you for your comment.

You would be very pleased to hear we took immediate action of the pool area only a few days after your stay. We had to fix a slow leak the week after your stay, and after reading your comment I went our with the Maintenance and Housekeeping team and spent the few days the pool was out to really get stuck into cleaning and maintaining the area while the leak was fixed. It is shining like a new penny now.

You will have to come back again soon to really appreciate the work we did last week.