“For the money you can stay somewhere better”
Review of The Sebel Noosa

The Sebel Noosa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Melbourne, Australia
“For the money you can stay somewhere better”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Spacious rooms but terrible beds which dip in the middle. Unfriendly customer service. Expensive Internet. No wedding party discount as promised.

Try not to get a room towards the back which looks over the main road...the Garbage trucks at 7.00am each morning woke us up

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rebecca C
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thankyou Rebecca C,

It is dissapointing to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay. I normally take great pride in the team here and the great comments I get for them. In saying that though, there are moments when we cannot satisfy everyone, and I see it as my job to learn from these experiences.

By looking back via the details provided (wedding group and that you were in a river facing room in September), I just made contact with the gentleman who made the booking and we had a pleasant conversation and discussed the issues raised about the bed and noise encounted.

However, my detective work using the details provided may not be correct, and if you are from a different room, please feel free to drop me an email with your contact details and I will call you directly back as I would love to discuss further.

My personal email address: h8776-gm@accor.com

Cameron (General Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Recently stayed here for two nights in a standard unit. Whilst it was clean I found the furniture and fittings were getting a bit tired and not sure its up to the standard. Pool areas can bring a bit of noise into the unit during the day but fairly quiet at night. I had no issue that no cafe onsite as there are other great cafes and restaurants around to eat at.

Overall it was OK but maybe my expectations were to high.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 2 October 2013

Getting tired...not too sure if you are talking about the furniture or the manager! I pressume the furniture. You will be glad to hear that we have a refresh plan in place for the coming months. We have a focus group working on the new designs as we speak, and having a sneak glimpse, it looks pretty awesome.

But I am glad you pointed out that we are keeping the rooms clean, and our team here along with the rest of the resort and Noosa as a whole is the reason to come stay here.

I am very proud of the Maintenance and Housekeeping teams here as they keep the place in good shape, and while the furniture has a few marks where the suitcases have come in contact, and that 300 days of sunshine we get each year has taken it's toll on some items, the current furniture is very good quality fitout that could still have a few years left in it. But we will retire it all early in 2014.

But we look forward to welcoming you back here sometime soon.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Great hotel. Cameron the GM is excellent and made an extra effort to ensure our holiday to celebrate our daughtre's 21st went smoothly. This was very important for us and he appreciated this.

Our deluxe one bedroom apartment was spacious and had a lovely view of the pool. The hotel has a great location on Hastings street and is close to the beach. For those who enjoy running as we do, a perfect start to the day is a run through the nation park and finishing this with a swim at the beach. It is then just a short walk back to your room and breakfast on the balcony overlooking the pool. Perfect.

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe room with a view of the pool. However the pool does attract young families so it can...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I love seeing my name up in lights!

Thank you Linda.

The pleasure was all ours, and I am glad you and the family had a great trip to Noosa, and we look forward to welcoming you all back many times.

I have done that run through the National Park many times, and I am glad you have brought this to the attention of future guests reading this. While we now have a gym at the resort, nothing beats a run through the magnificent Noosa National Park, and as mentioned a dip in the ocean. While I would love to have a breakfast on the balcony, the staff would never leave me alone long enough to let me enjoy it!

See you back here again sometime soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip - my first stay. The room was large, clean, comfortable and everything worked. Plenty of room in the secure car park. The resort leads to Hastings Street which has plenty of restaurants to choose from. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

It was a pleasure reading your response. I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your visit to Noosa and our resort.

I have already posted your comment on our noticeboard for the team to read.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon...next time not for business, but to just take a relaxing break.