“Excellent location!”
Review of The Sebel Noosa

The Sebel Noosa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very well equipped apartment in centre of Hastings Street, the centre of Noosa.
Very modern and comfortable. All modern conveniences with balcony, next time would stay further back off the street front.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

I enjoyed reading your review, and your feedback about our apartments.

We would love to see you back again real soon. Send me a message when you do plan a return trip to Noosa, and I will make sure you get a room your prefer.

0427 517 871

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed a total of 3 nights. The staff were very friendly and full of tips to enjoy Noosa to it's max! The rooms were larger than expected and fully furnished, even with a toaster and microwave! Undeground compimentary parking was great too!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I never tire reading reviews like yours. Many thanks for your feedback. I have placed your review on the staff noticeboard, as they draw a lot of inspiration from reviews where they are recognised.

I won't say it too loud, as they will get big heads..but I really am proud of each and every one of them...they really do make it a pleasure to lead them.

Hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Me & my wife had a spa studio suite, that was massive and flash, we couldn't fault it, we stayed for 3 nights & should have stayed for more, the pool is good for when it is windy.
Tip.. While family's are having lunch, snap up a comfortable sun chair at noon, It fills up quick

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our property...and nice work on that handy tip sharing!

We are however looking at a couple of initiatives to add more seating around the pool over the Summer months and weekends, so hopefully there will always be a chair available for any guests who choose to relax by the pool.

And say Hi to Launceston for me...I used to manage the Sebel down there...I loved that town and really miss by weekend jogs through the gorge.

See you back up here again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed for 10 nights in September with our 21 month old toddler. We arrived at 8 in the morning straight off a night flight from Singapore with my wife feeling unwell regretting our decision not to have booked the night before so we could have gone straight to our room, but the reception staff were super helpful and promised to get a room ready as soon as some one checked out and they could get it cleaned and ready for us and we were in by 9.30, which was wonderful - couldn't fault the service.

The location is great, right on Hastings, very close to the beach. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which was spacious and comfortable with bedroom & separate living room with a well equipped kitchenette and a washer-dryer, a real home from home with the added benefit of some one coming in and cleaning up for you every day. fittings and furnishing were comfortable rather than luxurious, but that was more than adequate for our needs.

There is a very family friendly pool and separate toddler pool, where we spent a lot of time. Our toddler loved it, although in common with most other places in the area that we saw, it wasn't really big enough to have a proper swim in, but then the ocean was just over the road.

The only downside was the wifi, which is charged as an extra and quite expensive. This is the 21st century, you wouldn't charge extra to use water or electricity, so why charge extra for the Internet? Even worse, the Internet wasn't even working for most of our stay because the server had a virus.

This minor gripe aside, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sebel for its great location, comfortable spacious suites and super friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

I really enjoyed reading your response, and really glad that the team here ensured your stay was smooth and pleased to see we got you into your apartment as soon as possible after your flight. You should be given a medal for travelling internationally with a toddler...well done!

We are getting the message loud and clear about the wifi from you and other reviewers. At the moment no major hotel on Hastings St is offering free in room wifi...but we are looking at changing that in the coming weeks...I won't say too much more because I know they read my reviews!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when you next make the trip down under.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked a Two Bedroom Deluxe Apartment for 4 nights and were very happy with our stay. Our room wasn't spectacular but it was well maintained and overlooked the main pool. The kids pool and play area was also good with the pool being heated. The staff were very friendly and you can't beat the location, right in the heart of Noosa.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thankyou TyreKicker000,

It was great to read your review, and also great to hear your family had a great time recently at the resort.

The staff here really do a great job here...they continue to impress me with the incredible feedback we get for them, both here on TripAdvsor and our own internal guest comment system. I am very proud to lead them.

You have highlighted my challenge I have at the moment...to get the 'wow' back into the room furniture. While we continue to keep them clean and maintained, we know that sometimes it is time to let furniture go and to put some newer decor in. We are well onto the project, and have a focus group working on a new design...the inital sneak peaks, it looks amazing what they have planned. Stay tuned.

Hope to welcome the family back very soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We just had a long weekend here and it was great. You cannot beat the location, it's right in the middle of everything. Service was great, the staff are friendly and helpful. Room was very big and the kitchen was great, I think the decor is looking a little worn but it is still very clean and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I enjoyed reading your comment, and that you enjoyed the October Long weekend with us...the weather was absolutely perfect.

We have a team working on the new look for the rooms, and we can look forward to a fresh new look for The Sebel coming very soon. In the meantime our team here will continue to, as you pointed out, keep the room very clean...my philosophy is that nothing beats a clean room!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Had a great 1 night stay at the Sebel Noosa. This property is full of apartments, I booked a one bedroom apartment but was upgraded to a two bedroom apartment! Too bad I wasn't staying longer to enjoy the kitchen, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, lounge & balcony facing the river!
Was a little disappointed that I couldn't check into my room early however staff allowed me to store my bags & freshen up in the staff bathroom as I had to work. The only two other downfalls were that my bed in 411 was terribly hard which made for a difficult sleep along with a lot of noise from other apartments/pool area. I guess the place was packed due to school holidays so I would hope this would not be the case at other times. Also annoying that maintenance came knocking at 10am when I wasn't checking out until 11am.
Overall a great stay & I would return the location & staff cannot be beat!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I actually remember you, I was the one who snuck you into the staff bathroom. Actually since your stay I have put the ball in motion to get that bathroom completely converted into a guest-use bathroom for similar situations where guests have to change into their work clothes or swimwear. Thank you for highlighting it for us.

I will have a look at the bed in 411...we get a lot of requests for hard beds, and most of ours are quite soft...it will be good to know I can use that one for any guest requests for a non-soft bed.

And...you can guarantee that I will have a few words with the Maintenance Manager over our morning coffee meeting this morning...and I know where he lives, so I will go knock on his door early on his next day off! (kidding)

But, please plan your next visit to Noosa, and make it a longer stay away from school holidays and I can personally guarantee you will have a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. It is quite a serene resort when the kids are back in school.

Cameron (General Manager)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosa
Noosa Blue Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa
Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas

Been to The Sebel Noosa? Share your experiences!