“Great local getaway”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Noosa, Australia
“Great local getaway”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Wow. We are local to the area and needed a short getaway myself, 11year old twins and another family of five. The Sebel was our choice and we are glad we chose this resort.The staff were extremely helpful and friendly problably the best I've had so far. The rooms very clean.
The resorts facilities are great. All in all we had a fantastic short break I will definately stay there again. As for position as short stroll to beach, right on wonderful Hastings Street.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Louise M
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014

I don't think people holiday at home enough anymore. What a great way to getaway without going away. Please tell your neighbours, and give them my details, we will make sure they also have a great break in our beautiful corner of the country.

You know where we are if you need a quick break again.

e: h8776-gm@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Sydney
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My family and I recently had a short break here and it was extremely relaxing. The resort is extremely secure, very well located in relation to the beach and the surrounding cafés. It has a great pool for both adults and a smaller one for little kids. The large beds around the pool are fantastic and relaxing and if u are thirsty, drinks in the fridge by reception are cheap. The complimentary apples in reception are also a nice touch. All staff from reception to housekeeping were always very courteous and friendly. Our 2 bedroom apartment was more than ample for us and very well facilitated despite the furniture being very boring in colors and style. I believe each room is different as some are privately owned. Don't order room service from Aromas cafe downstairs because it is ridiculously expensive. Go there and eat or have if takeaway. Much cheaper and yes it does offer nice food and coffee. The Sebel Resort is a great family resort to stay at.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank holidaybabe69

What a great review...thank you. I will pass your comment to the team down at Aromas who provide the in-room dining service to our hotel. I am often recommending to guests, especially families, to pre-book their groceries with Coles, who now deleiver to the resort and make use of the kitchen facilities in the apartments.

...and our apartment owners are currently reviewing the new furniture design, and it will hopefully be a little less boring!

We do look forward to welcoming back again real soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed at this location over 10 trips and it is always a delight staying here. The rooms are tastefully decorated, the staff are friendly, the location is a dream, right on Hastings Street and a stroll across from the beach and dining in Noosa. A short stroll to the Lifesaving club for dinner or dine in with delivery from Aroma's

Room Tip: All good rooms but the front rooms can be a bit noisy from the restaurant downstairs
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracie C
...and we love having you back each time Tracie C,

We don't get that many corporate guests stay at the resort, so we do enjoy having you here when you come up. Some great dining tips too.

Look forward to welcoming you back again real soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I stayed for a weekend to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Before arriving I had discussed and organised the surprise elements for my wife with Estrella on the front desk. She was amazing and extremely helpful. She rang me back within 15 minutes with some great options for flowers and a fondue platter. When we arrived in the room, the platter was amazing. I had not seen anything like it before with sweets, nuts, fruit with both white and dark chocolate. Needless to say, my wife was impressed and the complimentary bottle of champagne topped it off. The service from all staff was sublime and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. The room was very specious, clean, modern and fitted with great appliances. I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel for a great stay. Well done Sebel Noosa!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 514DB2013

Thank you for your lovely response. When it came in I read your response out at our team meeting and Estrella was absolutely overjoyed with your comments.

We are glad your wife enjoyed the gifts we placed in your room...and well done to you for organising them...nice work!

Let us know if we can assist with any future milestones you both have...we are a perfect location for post-baby vacations! But I am sure you are getting that push from your parents already!

Happy Anniversary.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had a wonderful 5 nights at the Sebel from 9 October to 13 inclusive. Had never stayed in Noosa before; only visited on day trips. Knew roughly where it was though on Hastings Street. So I looked it up on TripAdvisor and looked at the photos. Which brings me to the first point I want to make which is that the photos on here and on Accor's own website just don't do this place justice. It was sooooo much better than indicated. Our room, (actually it's really an apartment) overlooking Hastings Street was large, very comfortable and had a great balcony to enjoy breakfast danishes and coffee or late afternoon drink. On Sunday night I think it was we enjoyed music from the courtyard on Hastings wafting up and it was so brilliant I had to go down and thank the musician. I hope to remember his name by the end of this review!
The second point I'd like to make is about the staff. They went out of their way to smile, be friendly, helpful and accommodating. And there wasn't a bad one - right through including the housemaids they were all like this. I couldn't believe it. Nothing was too much trouble.

The are only two things I found fault with and I expect that the first will be included in their scheduled maintenance plan and that is the varnish on the wooden blinds was peeling off. But from a physical property point of view, if that's all I could fault it tells you how nice this place was. It also reflects the power and warmth of the sun there. The second fault was more of a procedural one. When I went to swim, the pool was full of adults with children while the children's pool was empty. Perhaps I'm getting old and grumpy but I felt there should be either an adults only time for the main pool or children should be in the beautiful pool that's there for them.
The parking at the resort was great, being able to charge back from the restaurant worked well and I'd love to come back. As an aside, they have a clever design of vanity outside the bathroom so that one person can shower then move to the vanity so the other person can shower. It was a clever arrangement that once experienced I feel should be the standard elsewhere. Good thinking!

So all in all, a wonderful time at the Sebel Noosa Resort. It's location on Hastings St is excellent and I would move in given half a chance. Hence the title of my review.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart R
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Good day Stuart R,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It certainly shows that your took some time to really enjoy the resort, and give a thorough review of the property.

I have already placed it on our team noticeboard...and seeing the staff read it, they are always smiling...so thank you.

I have asked Maintenance to take a look at those blinds and get them touched up. The pool can be a sligth issue at times, but it is good to see that our geusts enjoy the resort so much they don't head to the beach, but rather hang around the pool areas. So many times I have been to resorts and the pool area is literally evacuated...so I am glad in a way that we provide that relaxed atmosphere.

Going back to your review title "Can I buy the room"...actually yes you can! We are a strata title property, meaning all our rooms are individually owned by 111 different owners. Just had a quick look on real estate websites and there is about 13 currently up for sale. The rooms are purchased as an apartment and basically leased back to The Sebel who rent it out for the owners. The best thing is that you can come use your apartment at anytime!

We hope to see you back in Noosa sometime soon.