“great hotel”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Brisbane, Australia
“great hotel”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

loved this hotel. great hotel, staff were friendly and awesome surroundings. plenty to do in noosa. def stay here again when visiting noosa. rooms were large and cosy. not much to complain about . check in was swift

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thankyou debbie,

Thank you for your review, and we do hope you will be back again soon.

I read that you didn't have much to complain about, if there was anything, please feel free to email me direct back, and I will look at improving those matters for future guests...which I hope you are one of.

See you again soon.

e: h8776-gm@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had a last minute booking and the girls at the booking centre on Hastings street were so helpful and friendly. They even allowed us to check in early! The apartment was spacious and well equipped but unfortunately noise late at night does penetrate the walls. Other than that, nothing to complain about.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014

I always love reading positive feedback. Never be afraid to contact Reception if other guests are disturbing you, we love nothing more than to ask them to quieten down to ensure everyone has an enjoyable stay.

I will pass your review onto the team on the desk...they always make me proud of them the way they look after our guests.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sunshine Coast
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I booked the sebel hotel for my wedding night and advised them beforehand of the occasion, assuming they'd make some sort of effort to make one of the most important days of our lives memorable. The recogntion we received was...absolutely Nothing. No congratulatory comments when we checked in, no mention of the occasion in our room (no card, no complimentary bottle of bubbly, no flowers).. nothing. Considering we paid well over $300 for the night, I was amazed (and embarrased) at this lack of consideration.
Apart from this disappointment, the Sebel leaves a lot to be desired in other areas I have to say. I certainly would not rate it a 4 star hotel. Having stayed at hotels all over the world for business & for pleasure, 3 star would be much closer to the mark.
Firstly, we spent a quarter of an hour finding the place. There seems to be no signage to assist. After a quarter of an hour searching Hastings St, we decided to drive along the back steet and noticed a small Sebel' sign on the rear of the building near the entrance to their car park. No concierge to greet us, just an intercom. We parked & then proceeded to the check in counter which had all the ambience of a bus station ticket counter, complete with dirty walls.
We then proceeded to our room and received no assistance with our bags.
The room itself was very spacious with pleasant furnishings.
Location was excellent with close access to restaurants, shops, Noosa beach etc.
The spa was bath sized and a disappointment, with the jets on one end not working.
Sleeping was a disaster..we were disturbed several times. Although we were on the top floor (floor 3) we were continually awoken by the sound of people laughing and talking. The noise was so loud I assumed one or more of the bedroom or bathroom windows were open. They weren't.
So all in all, a huge disappointment and the worst part was, I could see that disappointment in my wife's eyes. .Never again Sebel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank KP O

I was a little surprised to read your feedback as it seems very unusual for you to get this level of service from our team here. I have asked every Reception host, along with our Reservation Manager, and they have no knowledge of any Honeymoon guests staying at the resort in January. I am wondering if you were actually staying at The Sebel. We manage 86 of the 111 rooms onsite, the remaining are managed by real estate agents in the form of holiday letting. The reason why I think this is because their Reception is kind of like a ticket counter. Often the agents will tell the guest they are staying at The Sebel, which is incorrect and over the years has numerous times caused confusion with their guests.

When we are made aware of a Honeymoon couple, we go out of our way to ensure they are looked after, and we always asign them an apartment that is quiet, and unless requested, we would not put them near the resort pool during school holidays.

I could be completely wrong though, and if so, please drop me a line. If you were a guest of our resort, I can look back at the reservation and see where it got derailed.

Regardless of whether you were a guest of ours or not, I hope that this is just a speedbump to a very long and joyfull marriage.

p: 07 5474 6400
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were only here for one night, however I would definitely recommend the facilities to those who are contemplating this property. The rooms are nice and spacious with a great size balcony. Although it didn't have an oven for cooking facilities it had pretty much everything else you could want. Very clean and had a great pool for if you had a family. Perfect location to the beach without hearing too much noise from Hastings Street. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014

I enjoyed reading your response...but my biggest concern is why you were only here for one night? You need to book in a return break and have it a little longer next time.

Thank you for highlighting some of our hotels great features.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed in a 2 BR apartment which was comfortable and fairly new. Most staff were helpful and lovely.
Most things were in the kitchen eg to make brekkie/lunch
Now, the things that we noticed. The beds were soft.
Pool isn't that big, so it's just for a dip (not laps). Even families with very young children avoid the toddlers pool so it gets crowded quickly.
Loved- able to use beach brollies & chairs (if you're quick enough). Loved being on hastings street.
Overall, would return to sebel noosa!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank HannahClare29

I enjoyed reading your response. Our guests do enjoy the conveniance of the in-apartment kitchen facilites. A handy hint for anyone reading this and booked into the hotel. Coles now 'home deliver' to the hotel...pre book your groceries, and my team will have them placed in your room before you arrive.

Our pool is more of a traditional pool designed more for fun as apposed to a lap pool. A lot of the resorts that are being bult today accommodate for both styles of pools for fun and for doing laps...but in saying that I have seen some early risers doing a bit of aqua arobics in the pool in the mornings.

Thank you for visiting our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would highly recommend the Sebel to my family and friends. I stayed for 3 nights with my partner in early December 2013. We are a young couple and thoroughly enjoyed this resort, from the rooms, to the pool, to the location, everything was exactly what we were after. Our room was better than expected, I would have called it a suite as it was very large. Great sized balcony over looking the pool on level 2, good sized lounge and dining area. The bathroom was very modern and included a spa bath. The bedroom wasn't overly luxurious, there wasn't much natural light and there was little room to move around the bed however this didn't bother us at all as we were very pleased with the room overall. The check in/check out staff at the Sebel were very kind, welcoming and attentive, same goes for the housekeeping staff. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Money well spent!

Room Tip: Level 2 on reception side (must be West wing) - over looking the pool. These rooms get the most sun...