“Sebel good for a big hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sebel Noosa

The Sebel Noosa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Sydney, Australia
“Sebel good for a big hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Sebel is right in the heart of Hasting Street, although a little oldish I still had a great time, position and the bar downstairs was great, loved Noosa great weather great place would def come back and stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michael d
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 24 February 2014

Enjoyed reading your review, and especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We continue to have simply amazing weather up in Noosa. I am so lucky to be able to enjoy this weather every day...although most times just looking through my office window!

We are well and truly in the process of a refurbishment program, and after four designs have been submitted, the final submission is simply outstanding. While it will take some time to get all the furniture made and installed...get ready to book again, and stay in what will be arguably the best resort in Noosa (how's that for making a big claim!). Until then, the current fit out still continues to amaze many of our guests who stay with us.

See you back up here soon.

Cameron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had three nights here - a great location right on Hastings Street. Staff were lovely. We had a ground floor room - a good size. Great bathroom (awesome shower pressure). However the room was so noisy! Every time the people in the room above us flushed the toilet or ran water it sounded like it was being done in our room. And the noise from people talking outside (in the corridors as they came to and from their rooms) - ridiculously loud.
Also had issues with the TV - huge delay in pushing the buttons on the remotes and the channels actually changing plus the TV in the bedroom - only a few channels and same remote issues.
Enjoyed the pool area though - great loungers. Shame so many rooms had balconey's right over the pool - a few times people in these rooms had music playing loudly - hard to relax laying by the pool when there is rap music blearing (or Abba!).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

My apologies for the random noises you encountered. I am actually intrigued to find out what apartment you were in so I can personally look into the water noises. All water flows through cabinets well away from sitting/sleeping areas, so I will see what happened in your apartment. I have listed my personal email address below, please drop me a quick line and I will go up and investigate.

Our biggest aim is to ensure every guest enjoys themselves, but if any of our guests are interrupting others while they are going about enjoying their holiday we do ask them to please stop what they are doing, or simply do it quieter. In saying that I know what ABBA does to some people...my fiancé turns the stereo up full blast when ever it comes on the radio at home. Must drive my neighbors crazy!

Also, if you do let me know what apartment you were in, I will get Maintenance to look at the TV's to make sure the remotes are configured correctly.

Look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully seeing you back.

Cameron Jeffery
H8776-gm@accor.com
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My partner and I had never been to Noosa before this trip, and was extremely happy with the hotel and its location in terms of restaurants and the beach. Our room was lovely and very spacious and we had an excellent view. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Only downside was the location of our room in terms of the noise. We had a room facing the river, and each morning were woken up by very loud garbage trucks at around 7am.

Room Tip: If looking for a sleep-in each morning, ask for a room closer to the front of the hotel; facing Hast...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Also thanks for recognizing the team, they certainly make me proud each and every day.

You would not hate the garbage truck more than we do. While it is about a 5 minute maneuver, it certainly leaves an impact on our guests holiday in those few rooms near the collection point. We recently had a change of council, and under the previous council we had this collection happen mid-morning when everyone was out and about. The new council has moved this back to the lovely time of 7am...madness! Rest assured that I have set up meetings with the council reps to have this fixed as soon as possible.

In saying that, I had a guest last week tell me that their 6 year old son loved the truck!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights. I think if we had only stayed one or two nights the fact that our room Alexandria 115 had very little natural light would not have been an issue. However, we were booked for four nights and it was rather depressing to have to have electric lights on the whole time we were in the apartment.
The resort location is good, being very close to the beach and the car parking convenient. The receptionist was very charming and an asset to the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Good day chesterhappydays,

Thank you for your review, and we really appreciate your comment that the Receptionist was charming. As you didn't list their name, they are all claiming you were referring to them. I will give that to all of them, they all do make me proud to lead them.

In regards to the room, at The Sebel, our only aim is to make our guests happy. Every guest loves something different, and have different requests. Some love the darker rooms, because they want to sleep in on their holidays, some hate them and prefer the Summer QLD sunrises at 4:30am (not me!). Never be afraid to come and ask to see what other rooms are available. As long as other rooms are available, we are more than happy to move you to a room that would better suit your needs.

We hope you come back soon and have another Noosa escape.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have been to Noosa many times over the years but have always stayed with family. This was the first time I have booked accommodation and I was really pleased with my choice.

There were two adults and a small child in our party so we booked a room with a queen bed and sofa bed. The lovely staff got that bed ready each day for us which I thought was a nice touch. The room was very clean and quiet and the beds comfortable. The supplied soaps/lotions were beautiful (it's the little things). I must say we didn't spend much time in our room at all!

It took us a day or so to realise the resort encompassed an entire block which meant you could cut through the resort to get to the local buses or the stand up paddling experience on the river inlet.

The staff were very helpful and more than happy to hold our bags for the day after we checked out.

The pool is smaller than I would have expected but my son loved it anyway. With the choice of the spectacular beaches just across the road it didn't bother us.

I would love to visit the Sebel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

I really liked reading your review...and you captured the spirit of the resort and Noosa perfectly. Something to note, I read out your review to the team at this mornings briefing, and it actually created an applause...so well done and thank you for the great review.

We would love to see you back at The Sebel again sometime soon.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights courtesy of a Red Balloon voucher. Noosa Heads is not our place of choice for a weekend, typically preferring Coolangatta/Tweed Heads. However, it was really good stay.

The resort is perfect for both couples and families with direct access through a security gate to Hastings Street. The pool area is lovely, complete with double sunbeds - nice touch. We had a one bedroom apartment that was very well appointed. We weren't keen on the sliding doors to the bathroom, nor the concertina style door between the bedroom and lounge but I'm being picky. We had no view, being on the side of the building overlooking the neighbouring resort. It suited us though - we weren't overlooked as it was what I presume was the bathroom areas of the neighbours so there was frosted glass and no balconies. It meant we could sit on our balcony in peace.

The apartment was spotless and I want to make a special mention of housekeeping. Probably the cleanest apartment we have ever stayed in. Front desk staff were also very pleasant and accommodating.

We had a little trouble finding our way in to check in - some clearer instructions on booking would be welcome.

All in all a great stay. It's unlikely we'll be back but that is due to our holiday preferences rather than the resort.

Well done Sebel!

Room Tip: Really depends on what you want. Talk to them on booking.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Oh no DebsterBrisbane...you have to come back, we are just up the Bruce Highway.

Thank you though for the great review, I have passed it onto Tania, our Housekeeping Manager, for her to brief to her team...it will certainly provide them some inspiration. Tania certianly has a great team.

Not that I can do too much about how they built the doors in the rooms, but I will certainly put your comments in the refurbishment book about possible alterations the next time the owners committee look at these matters.

Anyway, it would be great to have you back up here...but if you have to go back to Coolangatta, look up our sister property down there 'The Sebel Coolangatta'. I know they will make sure you were as comfortable as you were up here in Noosa.