“Fantastic place with large spotless rooms, a great pool and the best service with friendly enthusiastic staff and management.”
Review of Noosa Blue Resort

Noosa Blue Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Noosa Blue is the best place I have stayed at in Noosa. The location is so convenient and you can walk down to the beaches and shops. The rooms are large and stylish with the best in amenities. Big balconies perfect for al fresco drinks and dining. Very quiet and tranquil surrounds. The pool is unreal. Very large and plenty of comfy sun lounges. The place has a really personal feel with staff and management who are so friendly, enthusiastic and helpful. I have been going to Noosa for years, stayed in so many places but now I will always stay at Noosa Blue. Simon

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Upon check in we began the walk to our penthouse room. It was a long distance from reception and we couldn't find a cart to push our bags. We had to go through a locked gate to get to our room. Our room was in fact outside of the fence of the resort, which was odd. Upon walking into the room it appeared  nice enough. However, the smell of mould was very overpowering from the moment we walked in, and our room was over looking a disgustingly dirty pool. I would expect a dirty pool in a cheap caravan park, but not in a supposedly nice resort. All pools were dirty and we could not persuade ourselves to swim in them. When we walked in there were also leaves all over the floor. I understand that these can blow in, but I would expect the room would be swept prior to our arrival and this clearly had not occurred. The bed was also made poorly. I actually swept the floor, fixed the bed and closed the shutters so that we didnt have to look over the dirty pool. We didnt need any reminders of our poor choice of accommodation for our anniversary weekend.The spa on the rooftop was clean enough,  but don't expect any privacy as all of the other penthouse rooftops look in on you. When we got into bed we realized that we didn't have a top sheet on the bed, only a dooner. The air conditioning did not work and there was no phone in the room. Perhaps this was to prevent guests calling reception with any concerns. I emailed the reception to request a sheet, and this was left in the room the next day ( they didn't bother to put it on the bed). This resort could be nice, the place it fell down was the cleaning... Inside and out. The overpowering mould smell and the dirty pools were particularly disappointing. We wouldnt go back unfortunately.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Khope10
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Definitely not a 4 or 5 star standard of rooms. They are very disjointed, i can't understand why the washer and dryer are in the middle of the bathroom (the bathroom is inside a cupboard). The cleanliness was not 100% due to lots of sand on the ground, i think this is due to the types of tiles used as they have lots of holes and divets in the tiles. The features of the resort were all there and in tact but not inviting- the gym smelled funky with no natural light/air flow. The walk to town/beach is quite a pleasant one. Overall it was ok, great value for Noosa.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobnNik
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Only stayed overnight but had a great time at this resort.

The pool/spa/steam room were lovely but it could be improved by opening the bar - would have been good to have a drink while relaxing round the pool!

The penthouse suite was clean, spacious, nice and brightly furnished (certainly 4 star but not luxurious) with a large balcony. Upstairs is fantastic - a private spa, bbq, sun loungers and table/chairs with great views over Noosa and the Hinterland. This is definitely worth paying extra for but even so I felt it was slightly pricey - admittedly we did stay at a public holiday long weekend so maybe you can get better deals at other times. The one thing that needs changing is the BBQ was very old and rusty and does need replacing (but did work fine).

On check-in they should also mention that the office doesn't open until 9am on a Sunday - a few people were hanging round waiting for it to open to check-out.

Our penthouse was at the back away from the road and had no issues at all with noise in the evening or morning.

Room Tip: Penthouse suite at the back of the resort
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2012

As other reviews have stated please try and take a look at a room before you book. I stayed in what was called a penthouse. Which was one big room with sitting area, bedroom and kitchen all in one. Then on the roof top was a spa tub with a couple of sun loungers, small gas BBQ and concrete table. The roof top was looked upon by the surrounding apartments. with no privacy what so ever and no real view in return. There was no internet connection as this penthouse was too far from the wifi router. Noise can get bad as this is a built up property and the adjoining properties are almost on top of you, I was told on arrival there was a bottle of champagne in the fridge as a welcome gift. It turned out to be cheap Italian fizz. Which really sums this property up. It just doesn't live up to the website. To sum it up average for the price! I've post a few pictures to try and help those who are unable to visit the property in advance. To finish on a positive the housekeeping very very friendly. Kitchen was well equipped and the property location is excellent for getting around by car or on foot.

Room Tip: Please ask to see a room first
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Club_Lounge_Guest
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed here for two nights late September. I booked this months in advance and had to pay up front which didn't worry me one bit. This resort is definitely not five star but gee it is close. From the outside it doesn't look like much....and walking down the corridor to our penthouse suite I must admit I was getting worried. Then we entered the room and it was lovely. Nicely tiled, in bedroom spa, soft bed, nice pillows, great shower, DVD, Samsung Smart TV, kitchenette and balcony. But wait, up the external stairs to our own rooftop terrace with BBQ, sun lounges, dining set and heated spa. To top it off.....the views WOW! Absolutely sensational. The staff were friendly and efficient on arrival. There was some late night yahooing from outside but it was a Saturday night on a long weekend so that is forgivable. The only suggestion I would have would be a TV in the bedroom also. I don't think this room has been refurbed lately as it does not look like anything the website has to offer but it was still nice. Make sure you get a room that overlooks the hinterland as opposed to the pool and street. Be sure to look this place up on your visit to Noosa. Stayed on a level three penthouse.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Ive stayed in many hotels over my travels, including ones in 3rd world countries and I have to say the noise at Noosa Blue has been the worst. The walls have got to be made of foam. You can hear every word that is spoken outside of the room, any pressure that is applied to the floor of the room above you, sounds of maintenance trolly rolling along the ground. It's impossible to sleep past the time that the first person in the hotel wakes up and makes noise. If you want peace and quiet, I wouldn't stay here. If you're an early riser and are up between 6-7am every morning you'll be fine.
Our room was at the back of the resort and we could still hear the screaming of children first thing in the morning in the pool. Noise travels through the walls in this place.
There was also no phone our room, so had to leave the room to speak to reception everytime. Also the curtains are made of sheer material, so light comes into your bedroom every morning lighting up the whole room.
I'd say this is the place for people who do not wish to sleep past 7am. I'm not staying here again and I'm a tolerant, Low maintenance traveller. I just want the simple things, rest and quiet in my room in the morning.
Also the "king" bed is 2 single beds pushed together. You can imagine if you're a couple that this means you're divided by the hard seam in the middle. Not worth the price. And a testament to my review is that I never wrote reviews because I'm easily pleased. Enough said!

• Stayed: September 2012