“Nothing Flash”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Brisbane, Australia
“Nothing Flash”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have read some revues about this place and was in two minds about booking it. We booked a penthouse and it was fairly cheap. I wasn't too impressed with the penthouse we received. It was located in amoungst other units that were either side and towering over the rooftop spa area.
The room was very stuffy and had that wet carpet musky smell that lingered for a few days.
The place wasn't very clean either. There were food scraps on the dining table. Lounge had some stains on it. Fridge was warm. Cobwebs evident around some windows.
The breakfast service every day seemed slow. Food was good though.
Staff here were helpful especially the manager on duty.

Room Tip: Ask for a penthouse on levels 3 or 4 and with a view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank davisjr11
David L, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
We are sorry that you were disappointed with your room allocation.
We have lots of different rooms, each with its unique features. We do try to ensure that the room meets your expectations and on this occasion it seems we could have done better. We have processes in place to ensure that each and every room is checked prior to check-in and I am monitoring this regularly to ensure this does not happen again.
In closing I am so glad that you found our staff helpful and that the food met your expectations. We look forward to having you come and stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Brisbane
Reviewed 25 April 2013

5 star stay for an affordable price. We recently had a great 4 night stay. The staff were very friendly including the resort manager who was happy to chat and the chef who was fantastic looking after us each day. Our stay included breakfast from a great selection menu including a barrista made coffee. We noticed the whole resort was undergoing an upgrade to its facilites and room. Our room had recently undergone an upgrade including the addition of a large spa in the bedroom (which we enjoyed on every night of our stay). The room also contained a large Samsung LED TV (we watched our HD movies on USB) and the general amenities and cleanliness of our room was top rate. The heated pool was large and also contained a heated spa at one end. The only problem with our stay was that it was not long enough. We wished we had more time to enjoy this gem of a resort. It is centrally located to both Hastings St and Sunshine Beach Rd (Shops and Restaurants). The only caveat is that room service is not part of the stay if the booking is less that 5 days. This means that towels need to be washed and dried using the inroom provided washer and dryer. Not really a big deal though. Highly recommended. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Thank you Noosa Blie for the most amazing week.
Great location, fabulous staff, spectacular food.
You guys made our stay absolutely perfect - we REALLY did not want to leave.
Can't wait for out next visit to Noosa. We will definitely will be staying with you.
A special thank you to David for his tremendous hospitality.
Sally & Nick

• Stayed April 2013
Just a pleasure to look after you Sally and Nick, and the Noosa Blue Resort team look forward to your return visit soon.
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend noosa blue as a place to stay, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was only a short walk to Hastings street - less than 10 minutes. My boyfriend and I stayed in a premium penthouse with an amazing view and rooftop jacquizie BBQ area. The staff were very helpful once again and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Amazing spot . Will definitely be returning soon.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words.
I am always pleased to hear that all my staff are stepping up to make sure all the guests at Noosa Blue have a awesome stay. We are aiming to make Noosa Blue a couples retreat and in doing so giving you the opportunity to have a quiet and relaxing stay. The hotel always amazes me, even when we are totally full it feels like you are here on your own.
We all look forward to seeing you back here soon.
Burleigh Heads, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Fantastic place to enjoy a Noosa experience, the premium penthouse was great and i would recommend rooms 407 & 408 for privacy. All of the staff were friendly and welcoming (inc. gardeners & painters on-site) and a massive wrap to Chris and Raff in the cafe, breakfast and coffees were great and i can guarantee the only place you will find $5 Coronas and $10 cocktails in Noosa is at there poolside party which was great fun also.

Well done to everyone
Mark & Nikki.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Mark and Nikki, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our happy bunch of staff do their utmost to ensure our guests have the very best holiday here with us.
I have passed on your feedback, and we all look forward to your next stay with us.
David Lacey
QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I booked the Premium Penthouse (with private rooftop spa and bbq) after Easter this year and was very excited about staying in a luxury apartment for a few days with my partner. I usually just get the standard hotel room or 1 bedroom apartment and don't really like to pay over $150 per night. However this was a special occasion so we splashed out $680 for three nights. I had read some negative reviews on TA as well as good ones so was not too concerned. I had intentionally paid extra for a renovated "in 2012" premium penthouse as opposed to the standard "penthouses" which were about $50 cheaper per night. Breakfast was also included in this price (daily, for two).

I also emailed the resort and expressed my concerns but was reassured I would be getting what I had booked. Before I go on, I want to say that we had a very, very nice stay at this resort. The room was certainly renovated with sandstone like floors, modern décor, a lovely in room spa (with an LCD television above the bath), nice bathroom and balcony with day bed plus a glass table and chairs. The lounge was also very modern with another large television and well equipped kitchen. However, there were a few disappointments.

I felt the size of the apartment was an issue and was more a renovated studio rather than what you would describe as a penthouse. The bathroom was behind two doors and was rather small - it was hard to get two people in there and it was a bit of a manoeuvre to get in between the towel rail and the sink to the toilet at times. The balcony, while giving a view of the mountains, was smallish also and only half painted. You could see where the painting had stopped and it looked a bit rough. The view was also tainted by the block of units next door which this room overlooked. It was not the nicest view to be honest.

We were given a room with spectacular views over the mountains and hinterland (from the roof top spa area) however we were seldom able to enjoy it due to the heavy rain that fell over the three days we stayed. Of course, this is not the resort's doing but I had booked this place for the spa and the bbq and had read on TA that there was some undercover areas up there. This was not the case for our apartment. The sun lounges were wet (and spongy so not able to be dried) . I did sit on one for a minute but it soaked my jeans. The spa area was also not undercover at all so it was impossible to use this due to the rain. The BBQ also looked old and tired with rust over the hood area.

I also felt, that while the room was renovated, the rooftop area was not. We could see into other roof top areas and noted a lot of painting had been done (repainting over the render) on almost all the other rooftop areas we could see. We also noted that many (if not all) other spa areas had a cover so people could use these even if the weather was bad....however ours did not. Our rooftop area was very tired and had clearly not been renovated. The once white walls were greying and had black dirty marks all over them in various places which made the entire spa area shabby and unappealing. When in the spa, the walls surrounding you had chipped paint in many areas, exposing the grey concrete underneath as well as cracks in the walls. The gardens surrounding the spa was also weedy and run down. We also noted we were on level 3 instead of the top floor and I would have thought, the top floor was where the premium penthouses were.

To be fair to the resort, we did not complain about this as I hate to make a fuss but I did feel a bit disappointed. I was also a bit annoyed to find out that there were hardly any other guests in the resort while we were there, so a move to a better penthouse could have been an option. Still, as I said, we did not say anything so our fault really, I suppose.

Anyway, on a lighter note, the stay was good despite these disappointments and the in house breakfast at Blueberries was outstanding! The chef is very eager to please and extremely friendly. We especially enjoyed his eggs benedict and spicy pan eggs - delicious! It is also really close to The Reef Hotel which has a nice beer garden (although it shuts weeknights at ten and then there is only the pokie room - and no drinks outside in the smoking area (if you smoke, this is pretty annoying).

I really want to impress upon people that this place is great - but I was hoping for a bit more luxury upstairs! Would go back for sure but would check the room first next time. I just feel I didn't get what I paid for.

Room Tip: Room 304 has great hinterland views from the rooftop but is not renovated at the moment.
1 Thank DIRTYREDFOX
I have to thank you for a very comprehensive review of our resort.
And I have to acknowledge the highs and the lows. I am pleased to say that we are well advanced with our resort renovation and some of the issues you raised have been addressed.
As to the size of the room, I am sorry that you were disappointed. Each of our rooms is individual and some of our guests like the “intimacy” of the room. Of course had the weather been better then I think you would have used the spa area more and the room size would not have been such an issue.
I note that you are keen to revisit us in the future; please let me know when you are coming so we can ensure we get everything right next time.
David Lacey
Perth
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed at Noosa Blue over Easter, well positioned for town. Reception was excellent as we had just arrived early morning after an overnight flight and they allowed us to go to our room straight away which was great. They are currently renovating which didn't bother us as we were out all day and it was quiet when we got back. The restaurant for breakfast was excellent and a good choice, we can certainly recommend it. Will definitely be going back soon.

Room Tip: Go for a penthouse facing the hinterland with great views
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to writing a review. Easter was such a great time at the Blue. With us been a 100% full and the most fantastic guest, this always makes it so much easier for my team and I. Blueberries for breakfast is always a hit and with the painting of the building well underway and not to mention the completion and installation of a new solar hot water system.

We look forward to seeing you both back here soon.