“New management saves the day”
Review of Noosa Blue Resort

Noosa Blue Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Brisbane
“New management saves the day”
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I liked everything about this place - the art work everywhere, the interesting design and fresh colours, the spacious room and spa bath, the use of sliding wooden shutters, choice of air conditioning or fans, the friendly staff, large swimming pool and steam room and well equipped gym. The vegetable stack I had for breakfast ($15) not only tasted very good but also it was a work of art and the organic arabica coffee from Byron Bay matched it - as did the soft blues music in the background - no blaring local radio thank goodness. The continental buffet for $15 also looked good value. After my visit I was amazed to read some of the reviews below so I can only assume the new management have made great improvements. I will be returning for a longer visit.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dingobreakfast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed 24 January 2011

This us my third visit, have paid for seven nights but leaving first thing tomorrow morning. Staying in a penthouse suite, dirty and smells of exit mould. The rooftop area is covered in mould and the spa is unusable, a stay at nambour hospital with legionnaires is sure to be better. BBQ works but smelt so bad we threw out our dinner and what finally turned out stomach is the lovely aray of nasal deposits flicked onto the toilet walls. Can't wait for morning to get out of here.

• Stayed January 2011
4 Thank Corolla63
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I stayed here on a work conference with around 50 other colleagues and I was lucky enough to get a spa rooftop penthouse with amazing views over Noosa.

As I never paid for the hotel myself, this was to me lovely. Yes, it was a bit dated on the inside, yet it was beachy and spacious with a comfortable bed.

The front desk staff were always there to help, especially when I had a colleague arrive at midnight, they had a key in the box waiting for him which went without a hitch.

The facilities here was great, and the pool was huge. The roof top spa was one of the best I have had, and this was all to myself as you get a spa each apartment.

The gym though smelled a bit musty, as they had a water leak the day before. It's close to all the main action, yet far enough away to not hear all the backpackers etc.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
melbourne
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This is the 1st time l have felt compelled to review anything. After reading all these reviews l understand why Noosa Blue do not allow personal reviews on their own site!! I think most things have already been said. The smell was very bad, there was lots of crushed biscuits in sofa bed (which she said she would vac up tomorrow) and a large material hole in the mattress which we saw because they had forgotton to make up sofa bed. Premises unsecure just walk in. Needed desperate cleaning. Steam room not working and pool was not heated as stated. Breakfast served 1st day was smorgasboard but next 2 days they said it was a mistake and it should have been standard. Barbeques out of order. All plants (whats left) in building needed water and needed replacements (lots of dirt). Rooms are only cleaned every 3 days. There was no cafe or restaurant as stated. Staff were nice and there were 2 new staff in the 3 days we were there. It looks like it could be a fantastic resort but has been left to go to ruin without any good management and they charge a lot !!! so where is the $$$ going? I give it another few months before it closes (or is condemed). RIP OFF !!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank rrtp
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 17 December 2010

My husband and I stayed in this resort for 4 nights from 9 Dec 2010. the room was a good size and well laid out, bed was comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They told us up front that the room was a serviced appartment, serviced every 3rd day. That was fine. We booked a tour to Fraser Island, leaving the resort at 6:15am. We mentioned this to a staff since we would miss the breakfast we booked. The day before we went to the tour, we found two breakfast boxes in our fridge. This is just one of the many good things we experienced in the resort. We would certainly go back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2010

On our last morning water started flooding from overhead vent above toilet. I reported this and insisted member of staff verified situation. Soon water also dripped over basin area. No-one came from housekeeping to help clear up no alternative toilet facilities were offered no-one chapped the door or phoned to ask how we were coping. On checking out two hours later there was no apology that our stay was spoiled. Things can go wrong but we had no care or service from the staff in fact it was a case of as your leaving why complain. The bar and restraurant close at 9.30 am so no cold drinks at poolside. The whole place has seen better days but this could have been forgiven with friendly efficient management. I'd avoid this hill top resort.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank squeeker2803
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 November 2010

My husband and I booked Noosa Blue for a last minute weekend away and despite the negative reviews thought we would give it a go. Granted we booked the cheapest room on Wotif so we didn't expect a great room or views. The room itself is a decent size however the floors did not even appear to be swept clean. The walls need a repaint or at the very least a good clean. There were also broken louvres within the timber doors in the room that could have been easily repaired.

Of more concern is the lack of security for the resort complex. We were staying on the ground floor near the pool and at 5:30am Sunday morning were woken by an intruder trying to break into our room through the rear glass sliding doors. My husband scared him off and we called reception to report the incident. We didn't hear anything after this and didn't bother following it up on check-out because we just wanted to get out of there.

The room could have easily been made more secure if the timber louvres to the terrace were able to be locked or secured in some way - a very easy fix.

I think this resort needs a massive renovation in order to justify their room rates.

On a positive note, the staff are friendly enough and the resort pool is a good size.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple