“Good Location- would not stay here again”

Noosa International Resort
Ranked #101 of 140 Speciality Lodging in Noosa
QLD
“Good Location- would not stay here again”
Reviewed 17 January 2008

We arrived at this hotel January 2008 and stayed in a 2 bed apartment on the ground floor. Our room was in a fantastic position overlooking the pool bar - which is a bonus.

Unfortunately one of the first things we noticed was a bad smell coming from the main bathroom. This damp smell was also present in the only cafe on the premises ( right outside the pool ).

In the main lounge the furniture was very old and also smelt extremely damp and musty, to the point where I refused to sit on the couch...

There are obviously some major plumbing and/or water damage to the rooms causing the smell.

We also asked for a double bed in the bedroom and got two single beds ( when asked for a sheet or bedding to pull the beds together - was told none was available )

Also on a separate note the TV was extremely small, and badly placed near the lounge.

To be honest for the price we paid, this place is in a fantastic location but lost all of its class with outdated furniture and a horrible smell.

Unless major reno's are conducted, i would not pay to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank JASTRA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2007

We arrived after flying from Cairns to Brisbane, and then a two hour drive from Brisbane. All we wanted to do was relax. We luckly arrived while someone was still there. They close at 4 pm. I able to ask where the grocery store was (a fair hike from the apt.)

We got to our room the long way around. People at the pool were laughing as we went up and down the stairs and rocks with us and our luggage in tow.

We get into our room and it smells like we are sitting in a dirty ashtray! Since my son is asthmatic this wasn't good. We looked into the master bedroom, and we could tell without sitting on the bed that it sunk in the middle. The sliding patio doors were broken. The second bedroom the blind was full of dust I could see it on all the slats. the rod to close the blind was broken. So the blind could not close, and of course at 6 the sun shone in.

The kitchen was fully equipped. Pulled out a wine glass, and it came with FINGERPRINTS! The t.v. was poor, hardly any channels, no DVD, NO VCR even, no t.v guide and no internet connection.

One of the bathroom, even had URINE on the wall. The linens did not feel fresh at all. the pillows and covers were really old.

I could not even get into my night stuff. I slept in my clothes. I even used my own small pillow that I use on the plane. Could not wait to get out. We were suppose to spend 5 days here.

This is a fair hike from Hastings street. this place is out of the loop. Went we left Noosa, we noticed two cleaning carts at our spot.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank Aprilgirl

Travellers are raving about these Noosa hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2007

This property was reccomended by Qantas and was not up to standard. Poor service, dirty rooms, dated and worn decor are just the begining.

When I arrived (albeit at 12pm) I was told that check in is at 2pm. I asked if my room was ready and I was told again that check in was at 2pm. I then asked if I could leave my luggage behind and was told "No".

I was called by the front desk at 1pm to tell me that a room was now available. When I returned, I stated my name and told the check in staff that I had already checked in. I was told that there was no record. I then restated my name, which was questioned (are you sure it's not Caroline? - No I am a man) and eventually found. I was given a key and told where to go.

The room had 3 bedrooms but 2 were locked off. The main bedroom faced the main road but had double glazed windows (that didnt open). The large balcony wrapped around the whole apartment and overlooked the pool and spa.

Unfortunately, the room was very tired and dirty. Tatty furniture (why is cane used so extensively in Noosa?) and cobwebs adorned the ceilings. Plastic glasses in the cupboard. 4 teabags and 8 sugar saches- (feel free to vist the supermarket).

The TV was tiny and the remote worked peridically. There was no TV guide and no way of getting one. The soap in the bathroom was so small, that you could have lost it.

The bathroom shower enclosure was so old that the glass couldnt be seen through. Tired - dirty - old.

The plastic flowers and pot plant (a faux ficus) were dusty. If it wasnt so sad, it wouldnt be funny. My Libran asthetically neurotic partner had to rearrange them- he was about to re-hang the artwork when I said to him that enough was enough!

The walls were all painted different colours that didnt match. It felt like a schizophrenic person had decorated it.

Thank god we only had 3 days here.

You know when you are in a low- class property when there are signs everywhere advising you about everything from not taking glass to the pool, not bringing alcohol onto the property, not running, jumping, or spending too long in the jacuzzi., not leaving your rubbish in the hallways (what kind of people stay here?) to where to park and how to operate the garage door!

Check out was the same hositle transaction. I placed my room key on the desk, the manager looked at it, keyed in some data into the computer, announced my last name (like being at school again) and said $6.50. Without speaking I gave him the money and that was the end of the conversaiton. No receipt, no nothing. I was ready to give him feedback on my experience - but wasnt given the chance.... until now.

Regrettably, I had no choice but to stay here ( I wont go into why, but I was restricted to what the travel agent had available) .If you get the chance to shop around, do it! A caravan at the beach would be more pleasant than this place

• Liked — Leaving and heading back to Sydney
  • Disliked — The quality of the establishment
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ABTSydney_Australia
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 September 2007

We had a very spacious apartment tastefully decorated with a very small balcony overlooking the pool. All the equipment was good, except the fridge door was lacking shelves, and the stove was very old (but worked). There was only one bedside table with a lamp - we moved a small coffee table in the lounge and bought a lamp from St Vincent de Paul for $5. The restaurant and pool bar was closed for the winter. It was convenient to the shops. The pool temperature was just right. It was an enjoyable holiday, but not up to timeshare quality. (we booked through RCI)

Glen & Dennis Edwards

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Makaroni
Nice
Reviewed 8 May 2007

Excellent pool area and wonderful tropical gardens. However Noosa is much busier now than when this place was built probably 20-25 years ago, so the traffic noise is pretty bad.I had trouble sleeping and probably wouldnt stay here again because of the noise. Its unfortunate because it was a good sized unit and a reasonable price close to Hastings Street. The grounds and pool make the place. Nice swim up pool bar however dont order the cocktails as they dont really know how to make them. But a beer is fine!

• Liked — pool and gardens
  • Disliked — traffic noise
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mina
melbourne
Reviewed 25 April 2007

We'd booked this hotel through timeshare. The staff were friendly and the swimming pools and gardens well maintained. We had unit 105 which was at the southern end of the complex, which was away from the main reception and pool area and we had the smaller pool and spa often to ourselves. However the unit got a lot of external noise from traffic climbing the hill, from drunks at night staggering to or from Hastings St, and from builders across the street with their radios on before 6am. The housekeeping of the unit was good but the furnishings and appliances were in need of replacement. The couch was particularly tired and smelly, and the cushions were banished to the balcony. The hotel had a good, locked underground carpark and the location was a five minute walk from Hastings St so it was good to walk down to the beach and leave the car at the hotel. We didn't try the restuarant but it seemed to have meals at reasonable prices and had a poolside bar with a 3 to 4pm happy hour

• Liked — location and friendly staff
  • Disliked — furnishings
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank ochlophobic
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2007

We stayed here for 5 nights between Christmas and New Year and from the pictures it looked great.

The good points: - front reception staff were very friendly and helpful; apartment (2 bed on top floor at the back) very spacious with all usual appliances and good sized balcony; good swimming pool (although freezing cold).

Bad points:- the apartment had seen better days. We were disappointed with the state of repair to say the least. We weren't expecting top of the range, but it was really dowdy, a bit dirty and just really old. A good coat of paint and some general modernisation & repairs wouldn't go a miss. From the sound of some of the other reviews, the apartments may well vary in appearance.

Anyway, we had a good time in Noosa, but we won't be staying here again.

Stayed December 2006