“Great location! Excellent hotel”

Mantra French Quarter Resort
Ranked #8 of 140 Speciality Lodging in Noosa
“Great location! Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I was a little worried about my stay at breakfree French quarter after I read some pretty negative reviews, but I had a great holiday staying here. The location is fantastic, right near the national park entry and a 50m stroll to the beach. The room I stayed in was the deluxe 1 bedroom and we were on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool. It was peak season but I didn't think the pool area was noisy unlike some other reviews I read. The outlook from the balcony was lovely and use of undercover parking outside checkout time was wonderful. Definitely will be back

• Stayed January 2012
BFFQ, Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your stay at Breakfree French Quarter. We look forward to welcoming you back next time.
Cosimo Ronconi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2012

When I read the trip advisor reviews and then was told after the booking that they were going to be renovating when I was staying there I nearly did not stay. It was an excellent position in Noosa right on the main drag.. near to the tourist information. Free wifi at local cafe - I was very surprised as I was expecting a not well maintained resort and complex from the feedback. I am glad I did not listen my apartment was beautiful, it came with its own washing machine and tumble drier, The staff could not have been more helpful. The furnishings were in excellent condition and the pool was beautiful. I really enjoyed my stay there and would and have recommended it to friends in Australia.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Breakfree French Quarter.
We look forward to welocming you back next time you decide your holiday in Noosa

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Rates itself as a four star resort although apart from having a pool
I think to call it a resort is pushing it ! There is no restaurant or bar etc.. And there is very limited area around the pool. I stayed here with my daughter, We had what was classified a '1 bedroom apartment' which was really no more than a room with the bed behind sliding louvre doors ! The kitchen area allowed for not much more than boiling a kettle! We found our room to be tired although i did read they were refurbishing and looking through the windows into other rooms we do seem to be unfortunate in what we were allocated. Having said that the only real difference was that furnishing had been updated (we had no flat screen tv , couch etc old and tired). Bathroom is also the laundry and was 'nasty' - you had to climb up into the shower which would not suit everyone !
Some of the staff on reception were unhelpful and when you spoke with them they gave you the impression that you were an inconvenience.
I would not stay here again nor recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Nbjules
I am sorry to read that your experience was not good so please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to discuss about your stay at the Resort.
Auckland
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed here with a couple of friends and several of our teenagers who are into surfing for a mid winter break. What a great place so handy to the beach and while the boys were out surfing, the girls always had something to do like go for a walk through the National Park (so handy) then coffee and a bit of shopping. There are also great restaurants to eat out if you feel like it. But we made use of the kitchen facilities in the apartment to save on the cost of eating out all the time. Although most of the boutiques charge top level prices there were a few bargins to be had in the sales if you looked hard enough. For a change of scenery there's always the Eumundi markets. Communal barbeque facilities would have been good by the pool although something I thought was lacking. All round a good experience and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Not somewhere facing Hastings Street as can be too noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AucklandSueF
We are glad you have enjoyed your stay at Breakfree French Quarter. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back next time
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Our family stayed in a one bedroom apartment over New Year. The rates were high over New Year, so we opted for a one bedroom instead of a more expensive two bedroom - our son slept on a fold out sofa bed and my husband and I had a private bedroom. The location is excellent, easy walk to everything, we did not use our car for the entire stay, it remained in secure parking at the resort. Nice room with a balcony overlooking the pool, great little kitchen area with dishwasher, bathroom with washer and dryer and spa bath in shower (but nothing fancy about the spa bath). Lovely tropical gardens and pool, the pool area was central to the whole resort and could be quite noisy as there were lots of families with small children.

Room Tip: Recommend the one bedroom for 2 adults and one child. If more than one child, would recommend the t...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank anne723
Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to BreakFree French Quarter Noosa.
Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed in a two bedroom deluxe recently renovated apartment for 4 nights. We got a great deal via our enterntainment book card. When we arrived we were allocated a ground floor appartment as per our prior request which had a lovely big lounge and outdoor table BBq etc however as the patio was not fenced in I was concerned about my children being able to walk off and also the fact that the footpath had open view to the inside of our apartment. We were moved upstairs with no fuss at all. The pool is heated and is a great size for the kids aong with the little wading pool for smaller children. Please note take your own beach towels if you do not wish to pay the $5 per towel hire fee. The room we ended up in on the second floor was absoloutely fine and quite clean. It had clearly been renovated to a fairly high standard. There was no contstruction noise heard and the noise from the pool and kids early morning wasnt that bad. There was a little noise from the apartment above but not so much as to disturb sleep etc. The hotel is well placed at the quiet end of Hasting street across the road from the beach and with a great restaurant called Le Monde open from 6.30 am right next door. We ate dinner and breakfast here they were busy - full of locals and they do great takeaway coffee. THe other place we enjoyed eating the most was the boathouse on noosa river - excellent service and food. We hired boogy boards for the kids from the surf shop and spent a day on the waves which was awesome fun for our 2 and 4 year old! The location and accommodation were of a very high standard - we come from Cairns so we are used to quality accommodation and as a family with young children we were not disappointed.

Room Tip: A renovated deluxe is a must!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
We are glad you have enjoyed your stay at BreakFree French Quarter. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Noosa.

Sydney
Reviewed 12 December 2011

There were a number of things about this place that were less than ideal.
The cleaner had done a very poor job after the previous occupant. Their was wet rotting smelly washing in the washing machine forgotten by the last person. There was rubbish in the cupboard. There were numerous dusty surfaces. Otherwise the room was clean.

It was very wet the week I stayed there. The storm water drains had not been properly maintained so there was water pooling outside of my door.

The bedroom window had no curtains or blind. While this was not a privacy problem it did mean an early wake up at sunrise. To make matters worse, my window was over the exit to the car park and lots of clanking noises could be heard from 6am onwards (possibly cars going over speed humps or the garage doors open and closing).

When I went to use the washing machine, the cold tap was jammed so it was only possible to use the hot tap.

The location at the end of Hastings st across from the beach makes up for a lot of the negatives.

This is not the worst place I have stayed, but it is a long long way from the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on level 2 or 3. Rooms on level 1 are really ground floor and their "balcony&quo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank NotFussy74
Really sorry to read about your experience at the Resort. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience during your stay. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to discuss about your experience any further