“All around, pretty good”

Mantra French Quarter Resort
Ranked #6 of 140 Speciality Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed 30 November 2013

All over this hotel is excellent, particularly with its location. The central nature and proximity to the beach and main street of town make it an excellent choice for anyone looking for a family getaway or something a bit more. The facilities too are quite good, the pool being a standout feature. However personally I found the rooms to be average as though spacious and nice I encountered a few issues such as difficulties with the shower and the in room facilities leave something to be desired if cooking for yourself. I found the staff, particularly those on reception to be extremely accommodating and pleasant, particularly as I went in a schoolies group, something they were very good about.

• Stayed: November 2013
FQGM, General Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hi and thanks you for your review, all forms of feedback are welcome and your comments regarding your room are noted. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and also thanks for your kind words regarding our Reception Team, they will be grateful of your praise.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to a Mantra Resort again soon.

There are newer reviews for Mantra French Quarter Resort

Reviewed 24 November 2013

For my first time staying in Noosa I wanted to stay somewhere central, and this could not have been a better location. It was literally across the road from the beach, and although it is at the end of Hastings St, it is very close to everything, without any of the noise.

We had a one bedroom apartment and it was very nice and clean with everything we needed. Even though we were directly looking out on to the pool there was very minimal noise. And although the sofa fills up the lounge room floor when pulled out, it was still a good sized apartment and very handy having basic kitchen facilities.

The reception staff were incredibly helpful and friendly on arrival. The sofa wasn't made up when we arrived, but it was done immediately when requested. Particular thanks to Alison on reception who helped make it such a wonderful stay.

I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
FQGM, General Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hi and thanks for your review of Mantra French Quarter Noosa. We are all glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your feedback to all of our team. Alison will be happy to hear she was able to create a positive and memorable experience for you.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel and facilities were very nice and the location was great. We were part of a wedding party who had booked out a number of rooms in this hotel through various channels, for 3 nights and upon comparing the different rooms realised we got the short end of the stick.
The description of the hotel stated that there was a 24hr reception, spa bath and the rooms were serviced. We booked online and our booking somehow went through Accom Noosa, who do not offer a 24hr reception and as our flight got in late had problems getting keys. We had booked a 1 bedroom deluxe and were quite disappointed when the room we actually stayed in did not appear to be a deluxe, it had no spa bath (as advertised), not even a bath only a shower (we compared the room to those the other guests in our party had booked, who paid for standard rooms, and their rooms were much more 'deluxe' than ours!). The room was not serviced during our stay, nor did we get wireless.
I understand that the problem was due to the fact that a number of the units are privately owned and the hotel do not claim responsibility for these units. I do think though that unless the hotel stipulate certain standards to the owners/managing agents, to keep in line with their own services offered, this type of arrangement could unfortunately bring the reputation of the hotel down. Having said that, the staff members we did interact with were very warm and friendly.

1  Thank Kathy C

Hello and thanks for your review of Mantra French Quarter Noosa. It is unfortunate you were not staying in one of our Mantra managed rooms and we are sorry your stay was not quite what you were hoping for. If an apartment owner chooses not to allow Mantra to manage their unit, unfortunately there is nothing Mantra can do to control or influence the standard of that unit. Out of 119 units in the complex, Mantra manage approx 106, hence there should hopefully plenty of room for us to accommodate you next time you come to Noosa.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to a Mantra resort soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very clean and neat. Although not a new resort rooms look like they had been renovated with nice kitchen, bathroom and tiling. Pool area and gardens around pool are well kept. Good position. Reception staff polite and helpful. Only downfall our veranda did not have large enough roof covering and it rained so got wet when sitting outside. But it was enjoyable sitting on the veranda overlooking the pool. Would recommend this for families with young children. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
FQGM, General Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Hello and thanks very much for your review of Mantra French Quarter Noosa. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in beautiful Noosa and we look forward to welcoming you back to a Mantra resort again soon.

Cheers

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed as a family group in early November for a week at this complex. The location is great, on Hastings St, and its relatively good value for its location. However, it is a big complex, and therefore very noisy. Lots of people slamming doors, lifts, cleaners, constant leaf blowing, etc, make for constant noise around the complex. The pool area, while good for kids, is a little small for the number of units. Its reasonable for families wanting somewhere close to the action, that is ok value, but I would not recommend couples or those wanting a quiet stay.

There were also a number of maintenance issues like the lift not working, blinds not working, room dirty, etc, that seem to be a running theme on reviews of this place. Management seems to constantly apologise but appears to do nothing to rectify. Saying that, some of the front desk staff were lovely.

Would I stay here again, no, but I like something quieter.

In relation to the previous review, we were unfortunate enough to have the room next door to these people, and although they gave the complex a poor review, they were the WORST people you could stay next to- constant loud music and partying til 3am all weekend, noise, yelling, smoking dope on the balcony, slamming doors and yelling outside the lifts in the early hours. Management did nothing, and it was very difficult to say the least, staying next to these selfish party people, who by the way, are not actually permitted to hold parties in this hotel room. It is a miracle they were not kicked out! So having bad neighbours probably made our stay worse than it could of been. Thanks sneeky76 for your consideration! Another resort for us next time.

Room Tip: Rooms in east or west quarter the best
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank humphrey06

Hello and thanks for your review of Mantra French Quarter Noosa. We appreciate all types of feedback and we are sorry that the resort did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We understand the lift in your block being out of service for a day was an inconvenience. Unfortunately routine maintenance uncovered other issues that required immediate attention.
We are also sorry to hear about your neighbours noise. We do have a no party and noise policy and we should have acted on this issue immediately. If you have time, I would appreciate you emailing me at steve.mcpharlin@mantragroup.com.au to let me know the day and time that you reported this issue to our reception team. It will assist us in training or re-raining those team members on how do address those kind of issues when they arise.

Thanks again for your time and hopefully the Mantra Group will welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

So disappointed, this is not a cheap place to stay, we paid $430 per night, you would think you would get something half decent. I requested an early check in of 1.30pm (only half hour early) they said they would put a priority in the room, I wanted to get cake, presents, champagne etc all into the room before my friend arrived at 2pm who we were having a suprise birthday for, when I got their it appears the cleaners had finished every room except my one, so that plan failed. When I questioned Reception Staff about this they said that was housekeepings department and not theres (well I am sorry but housekeeping don't answer the phones when you ring the resort for requests) They gave us a room so far away from everything there were uneven pathways, ramps and stairs so considering I was only 2 weeks out of knee surgery this was difficult to say the least. The pool / spa area had an overwhelming disgusting sewage smell, we could not work out where it was coming from but it was just awful. The pool was unheated and way too cold to dip a toe in. The furniture in the rooms is dirty, stained, coffee cup ring marks, just terrible. And now that I am home I thought the trouble with Mantra would end, but NO, it appears when I left they charged my credit card a second time for the accommodation which I had paid in FULL at time of booking, they have also added extras onto the account that they have not been able to tell me yet what they are for. I am hoping a full refund to my credit card will not take as long as it normally does to get assistance from staff at the resort.

Room Tip: Just don't go there
1  Thank Sneeky76
FQGM, Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hi Sneeky76,

Thank you for your review of Mantra French Quarter Resort. I am dissapointed we did not meet your expectations this time around. Our check in time is guaranteed from 2pm and whilst we take requests and will certainly give keys out if the room is ready prior to this, it is not guaranteed. I apologise we were not able to deliver on your request in this instance. We were 100% full over this weekend and it is unfortunate we were unable to provide you with a more suitable location, though I note there were no requests or comments on your booking in regards to your recent operation. The pool is heated to 28 degrees and is monitored 24hrs a day. I am confused about your comments in regards to your credit card being charged and discussions about refunds. There have been no extra charges or accommodation charged to your card after your original booking by anyone at property. I have also checked with our central reservations who also confirm this has not happend? Can I please request you contact me directly to discuss this matter on matthew.knight@mantra.com.au. Once again I apologise we did not meet your expectations this time around.
Matthew Knight
EAM

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Had so many Problems with this hotel.

1. When I booked it they said I would not pay anything until I arrived at the hotel. The said that they only needed my credit details to hold the reservation. The Next day my credit card had been charged.

2. I tried to cancel the booking, They told me and on there web site it sais 100% as long as you cancel 2 weebs before you arrive. So when I found out my credit card was charged I Canceled the booking, about 2 months before I was spoce to arive and they said I would have to pay all these Admin / Credit card charges to cancel my booking.

3. I arrived and the place was ok, People were Rude and not helpful, but thats what you get when you stay at a cheap hotel.

4. When I left I found they Charged my Credit card with an Additional $1200 cause the said I had not paid. After about a month of Calling them nearly every day and 100's of email. I got My $1200 Back.

WORST HOTEL EVER DO NOT STAY

Room Tip: The Room was ok
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
FQGM, Executive Assistant Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hi Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay at the French Quarter Resort. After reading your review I believe you may have actually stayed through one of the outside agents that manage a few units here at The French Quarter resort and not with Mantra. We certainly would not have charged your credit card without your authority and our booking policy is to take a non-refundable $200.00 deposit at the time of booking with the balance due within 14 days of your arrival (30 days in high season). I would encourage you to contact the resort directly when you are looking to visit the beautiful Sunshine coast next to ensure you recieve the friendly and helpful service our staff are renowned for.

Matthew Knight