“Bellissimo !”

Price range: US$20 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bringing a taste of Italy to Hastings St, Locale offers an unforgettable Noosa dining experience and delicious modern Italian cuisine.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary dinner at this restaurant - superb food and the BEST service ! Atmosphere is fantastic and you don't feel like your sharing your meal with all the exhaust fumes in Hastings Street !!! Highly recommend this restaurant but their chairs were a little uncomfortable :)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Have eaten here for about the 4th time and have thoroughly enjoyed it every time. The staff have always been friendly and very accommodating. And the food is just magnificent. The bar staff was happy to improvise and create a few cocktails which weren't on the menu which was great!

The prosciutto Buffalo curd entree is just amazing and order it every time I come back. Look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Dined at Locale on 31/5/2014. It was a fairly busy night but our waitress couldn't do enough for us. The food was fantastic and I will definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I attended Locale on a quiet Sunday night recently at 7:15pm- only a few tables were filled and there were many vacant. After lots of rich meals in Noosa over the weekend all I felt like was pizza. Luckily Locale had a good-looking pizza menu. On arrival I let the staff know I was looking forward to eating pizza. The staff explained I could only have pizza if I sat in the bar area. I said fine, but could we please have one of the normal height tables as my mother (who has had a hip replacement) could not perch on a bar stool. The few normal sized tables in the bar area were already full. I asked if we could sit in the general restaurant area? “No” “impossible” & “rules are rules” were the responses from the staff. The staff seemed happy to show us to the door at this point. I couldn't understand why we couldn't sit at one of the many vacant tables and order pizza. One male staff member went off to make enquiries while another came up and asked if we were being attended to. Not feeling like I could say ‘yes’, I didn't respond and the staff member asked if I was confused. I replied I was disappointed.

The male staff member returned and led us to a table at the very back of the restaurant with no view of Hastings Street and behind the bright glare of the cashier's station. The worst was yet to come. As he handed us the menus he explained that “now your invalid mother is in a ‘little’ chair, you can order what you want”. I told him I was very offended by what he said and at first he tried to say he was joking (how is that funny?). It soon became clear that he had genuinely upset me but he didn't take action to set things right. I left the restaurant in tears while my poor mother and kind husband felt the need to explain that my mother was in fact terminally ill (although you could not tell by looking at her) and this is why I was so upset by his patronising comment. The whole experience was so unnecessary and disrespectful. I barely slept that night thinking about how my mother had been spoken to on one of the last few special nights we might have together. Appalling.

10  Thank Rockruby
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I unfortunately made a mistake with my booking and arrived on the wrong day, the staff could not have been more helpful. We had pizza that night and came back on the correct night to find an extremely busy restaurant that provided great service and amazing food!