“Good location, noisy generator outside bedroom, bedding needs updating”
Review of Hotel Laguna

Hotel Laguna
Ranked #15 of 140 Speciality Lodging in Noosa
Australis
“Good location, noisy generator outside bedroom, bedding needs updating”
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Stayed for 5 nights, location good, but would have stayed in Noosaville had we known the area. On going to bed on the first night we noticed the doona was stained and requested a clean one the next day. We would have expected that bedding would be replaced for each new guests, especially when cleaning is required. The pillows are below standard, flat and uncomfortable. The fridge is noisy and rattled all night and there was a noisy generator outside our bedroom. Not bad budget accommodation, but would not stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EleanorAustralis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
new zealand
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Great pool, handy to all the action of the main street,cafes etc. Best price in Hastings Street..Our room was not the most up market accommodation but very passable, Nice view from our floor but a real pain having to climb up the stairs in the 30 degree heat and humid temp..

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2010

My partner and I stayed here in late December 2009 for three nights and were really happy with this hotel. We got such a great deal (through an airline email) especially considering it was during absolute peak season so we weren't expceting much, but were pleasantly surprised.

Our room was clean and appeared to have been slightly updated within the past year or so (new cupboard doors and bathroom fixtures). It was a motel-style room that we stayed in, and for our purposes was perfect - great location and at the end of Hastings Street, so you were just far enough away from the main action/noise of the street but still right in the heart of it all.

It's not the Ritz but it's clean, in a great location and staff were quite helpful.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reading, UK
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Having had Noosa recommended to us by our travel agent we struggled to find any good hotels that didn't cost the earth, until someone recommended the Hotel Laguna. (We stayed 2 Jan - 8th Jan 2010). On first impressions the building is very average looking, nothing special but the rooms and the facilities were great. The room was huge - with large bedroom, separate lounge/dining room and kitchen, 2 balconies and great views of the pool and river side. I highly recommend the riverview side as believe the road side can be slightly noisier. The owners couldn't be of more help. For example we were directed to a local supermarket so we could stock up on food, and then realised we had a huge walk ahead of us with lots of bags. Whilst trying to find a taxi rank, the owner Tony just happen to drive past, recognise us and offer us a ride home. On route he took us to a lookout point and showed us some great views of Noosa and gave us some great restaurant and trip recommendations. (he had only seen us once earlier that day when we checked in, so surprised he even recognised us!). Laundry facilities (which are free) were very handy and although the pool is small, we never saw more than 2 or 3 people around it.

The beach is just across the road and is about a minutes walk away - fantastic. Nature reserve is also worth a walk which can be done from the hotel. Restaurants were great ranging from Indian, Mexican, Italian and loads of places that do fish, however are a litte pricey but with the exchange rate with the pound not great, every where is Oz is expensive compared to the UK at the mo.

I would definately come back to Noosa again and also stay at Hotel Laguna again. It was excellent value for money and a great mini home for a week.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jellybeanz33
brisbane Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2010

I stayed in a river view suite for 7 nights from 23-30/12 in room 214 which is roomy has back and front balcony and have to say i loved it. It is what it is and sort of reminds me of a 60's holiday apartment. It is laid back, and the clientele is without pretense and although the owners were away mostly on my stay the relieving manager was only to willing to help with my requests (forgotten her name). It was no problem if i wanted to use shower in pool area after check out if i went to the beach for example. I didn't want to go home but room was booked or would have extended. It is the quiet end of Hastings St but excellent having river view and access along with pool in the centre of hotel and beach across the road and for a reasonable price. I had the old air con system which dripped but this was of no concern for the price i paid in peak time. I fear if it was all renovated the price would double the clientele would change and i could not afford such a location. I only wish i had stayed longer thank you Laguna.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Ireland in London
Reviewed 13 January 2010

We stayed in one of the complexes apartments for two nights on our journey northwards. When we arrived we checked straight in. The room was fine although fairly basic and probably not worth what you pay for it although it is Noosa so everything is pricier. The air con was too noisy to sleep well at night, its fine during the day but if its hot and you need it on at night it does wake you up.

The pool is very small for the number of guests that could be accommodated and when we stayed there we sat out by it for half an hour before a group of very loud young guys pretty much took over the area, dive bombing into the pool and genrally just being a nuisance. We are only in our 20's ourselves so hardly old but it was a pain to have to put up with their behaviour.

Now I know roaches are common all over the place but finding one in your sheets (as happened on our second night) was not too nice.

My main gripe with the place was that when I had a problem after I left the staff were pretty unhelpful. I had left a dress in the wardrobe which I appreciate was my fault and my responsibility, despite the fact that there were signs on the reception door to say back in 5 mins etc if the receptionist wanted to take a break or go for lunch when I called about the dress she refused point blank to put the dress on a bus (the bus stop being a 3 min walk from the hotel-no exaggeration) because she said she couldnt leave the desk. Now when we first checked in the same lady was sitting in the back office watching Angels and Demons on the tv.

This was all before she realised that the dress had not been found. Said dress was in wardrobe at the time of departure, both my partner and I saw it. This means that a member of staff in this hotel stole it. Again I appreciate this was my responsibility but when management dont take something like that seriously it makes you wonder about their standards.

I still feel angry thinking about how unhelpful that woman was.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ckamba
Melbourne
Reviewed 8 November 2009

We stayed at Hotel Laguna for a week during the Noosa Triathalon in a river view room and had an excellent time. The room was extremely generous space wise with adequate facilities. We used the outdoor bbq most days and it was cleaned nightly. Our room was serviced a few times during our stay which was nice. The front desk staff were very helpful, recommending some restaurants for us to eat out at and also a farmers market that they directed us to. The hotel was very busy for the week we there but we had no problem getting deck-chairs by the pool. Overall it was a great getaway and we would not hesitate going back again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple