“Seat is the secret!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Seat is the secret!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Great place with good food, however if you arrive during a busy time it's just like any cafe. So here is the secret, ready:

Go to the beach 15 minutes before they open, short swim to wake up, then stroll in as they open the doors, sit at the very front, with a strong coffee the paper and 100% service.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank michaelmhill
Season04, General Manager at Season Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
The early bird gets the worm! Happy to hear your visits to Season were enjoyable thanks for the great review.

“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Service was a little hit & miss, but
our meals were lovely. Initially we were looked after quite well, however after our meals arrived it was difficult to get anyone's attention for anything.

My partner had the lamb tagine and I had the gnocchi with slow cooked beef as part of the special with dessert, which was a lovely panna cotta.

Our meals were lovely, unfortunately as the evening went on and the restaurant was slowly emptying, they seemed to have forgotten to bring out the dessert. We were just about to ask about it when it finally appeared.

Overall we were happy with the quality of the meals & pricing reasonable for Hastings Street.

Thanks for taking the time to review Season. We appreciate the feedback and will be working hard to continuously improve and maintain our food and service standards
Wellington, New Zealand
“Bad service”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Decided to try this restaurant because of the reviews on trip advisor. The food was ok but the service was so bad I will never return. My friends and I had been at the beach so we were not dressed in evening attire but given it was 5.30 we did not think this would be too much of a concern. The waiter clearly did not like us being there and hovered constantly. The food came out in record time with the crispy pork belly being chewy. We felt rushed and clearly not wanted so left without ordering dessert or a second drink. Disappointed that the serving staff clearly did not think we were worthy to be in the restaurant. Thoroughly enjoyed my holiday in Noosa with all the wonderfully friendly people but will never return to this restaurant because of the treatment we received.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Season. We appreciate all feedback and will use this as a tool to improve. Your experience at Season is not indicative of the standards we set for ourselves.
Victor Harbor, Australia
“Mouthwatering experience”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wonderful place to have a meal either for lunch or dinner. Coupled with the great ocean views, the restaurant produces magnificent meals. Staff are friendly and go out of their way to please you. Would give it 6 stars if I could.

• Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing food, service and approachability of staff mixed”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a great little restaurant where if you were walking along Hastings St, would easily miss if you didn't know to look for it down a lane. It has shade for the hotter days, and a great view of the main beach at Noosa, and is privately located.

We were staying next door at Tingirana, and were able to order from their "pool side menu", and have it delivered to our table by the pool.

When approaching the staff, they didn't appear to be terribly approachable - it was almost as if I was intruding on their planned activities preparing for the lunch rush (I got there around midday). When I asked for the pool menu, I couldn't see any children's meals and was a bit stuck as to what options were available, and did mention that I wasn't sure what to order. I interacted with 3 different staff members, and for whatever reason it appears that there was a level of impatience whilst I tried to identify what meals would be appropriate for children. It wasn't until I specifically asked for a children's menu, that one of the staff had to rummage around in a cupboard to find them.

I finally ordered, choosing for our family the children's (beer battered) fish and chips and chicken schnitzel (they don't serve nuggets); and for us we chose the moroccan lamb burger, pickled cucumber, baby gem lettuce, smoked labneh, fresh tomato served with onion rings, and the coconut & lemongrass braised beef short ribs, herb salad, four flavoured sauce, roasted rice, with a side pear and rocket salad.

I then had to ask for drinks as well (the staff didn't ask me), and so from a service point of view I was a bit disappointed. I am unsure if it was because we were ordering from the pool menu, or they were having a bad day (the restaurant appeared to be half full). It just seemed that our order was inconvenient to the the staff for some reason.

When the meal arrived, the waitress couldn't be more accommodating (a stark contrast from the earlier experience in the restaurant) - she brought the meals to our pool table, helped set it up, and was friendly and made sure that everything was ok.

I had the Coconut and Lemongrass Braised Beef Shortribs, and I have to say it was one of the best meals I have eaten recently. The flavours were fresh, light, and the beef literally fell off the bone. I would love to know how to make the four flavoured sauce as it was to die for... this has been a stand out dish for me, having dined out extensively in the past month. The serving was generous, and the pear and rocket salad a good accompaniment. I would go back to Seasons for this meal alone!

The Moroccan burger was full of flavour and again a generous (though not too large) service. The onion rings were in a light batter and not too oily. The kids didn't particularly like their meals terribly much (kids can be fussy), however they did enjoy the chips and sauce (a sure favourite).

The mixed experience of the approachability and treatment of the staff was a a let down, and I am unsure if they were just having a bad day, or if it was because I was not dining in the restaurant proper. I would be willing to go back and try dining in - for the braised beef short ribs alone - however must say that the initial experience with staff was disappointing as the food is great.

• Visited June 2014