“Large house with great location - a few things...”

Review of 19 Witta Circle

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Sarah K
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Large house with great location - a few things missed the mark for the price”
Reviewed 27 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We visited 19 Witta Circle, staying for the best part of two weeks, with my husband and two babies as well as 4 extended family members. To be honest, my first impressions were really disappointing, arriving late in the evening I was disappointed to walk into the property and almost immediately have black feet due to a really dirty floor. My baby boy had grubby knees from the get-go.

We ordered pizza for late dinner and opened a cutlery draw full of dirty cutlery, cooked on food from the dishwasher - one knife was even smeared with blue cheese. Over the next two weeks we continuously found dirty cookware and dusty spaces. I dropped my glasses beside my bed in the master bedroom one night and found a partly sucked mint and a years worth of dust just next the bed.

The first day after we arrived, I emailed R&W and requested they send a cleaner, which they appeared to do as a friendly couple arrived to clean a few hours later. I never heard from R&W again though, not at all for the rest of the trip - which was a surprise having spend 10k to stay. No apology?

I was also a bit disgruntled that R&W didn't make contact, despite the fact a number of contractors came and went unannounced during our stay. The cleaners turned up unannounced on the 8th day, we were supposed to have been called the day before but were not. Its worth noting also that the cleaners changed the sheets but didn't sweep/mop the bedrooms or bedroom bathrooms. Toilet paper is not provided after the first 3 rolls as well.

A guy came to fix the pool which was apparently broken, another random contractor turned up to fix the gate by the pool. I have no problem with maintenance being undertaken during our stay but I'm pretty mad that we were not warned. I don't feel that its safe, nor do I feel that I paid 10k to have random, unannounced dudes milling around on our deck casing the joint.

There was jack-all information provided to us in the house too - the information folder was cheaply and nastily put together and not customized to the property at all. There was no info on WiFi, generic information regarding rubbish collection etc.

When we arrived our recycling bins were full to overflowing and were not emptied until a week into our trip. One of our party visited the R&W office to find out what the story was, finding out that collection was bi-weekly. Again, not a problem but useful to know when we're stacking up recycling outside our door.

The property had no fence off the deck, dropping off maybe 5 feet into the sand and then river. I was fully prepared for this, having noted on the advertising but if you've got babies, be prepared to stalk them throughout the holiday. The house was also pretty flimsy in structure and sound proofing was not a priority during construction - rubbish trucks and babies alike might as well be in bed with you.

All in all, a good trip, I loved the location - the house was spacious and well furnished, plenty big enough to house us all and we had some great times both indoors and out. There were some negatives but by the time we got ready to leave, I was pretty sad to go. It was a good place to stay and I would recommend, but maybe not for the price given the management issues. Had the place been super clean as expected, I'd probably be less scathing in other areas.

6-7/10 is not really high enough for 10 grand.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
6 Jun 2016
Thank you for providing this information. We certainly regret the various issues during your stay but are happy to hear that you found some enjoyment in your trip to Australia.
As property agents we rely on contractors to clean and maintain the properties we manage and from time to time things do not always go to plan even though we have quality checks in place. I note that once your email was received at our office a cleaning team was immediately sent to the property to vacuum and mop floors. The cleaners reported that by the time they had arrived the cutlery had been cleaned by you. Again we apologise for this situation as the cleaning team reported that indeed these floors had not been cleaned.
Prior to your arrival the groundsman reported a small leak in the pool filter and we had issued a work order for a pool service company to attend after your stay. Unfortunately they had not communicated the timing to the tradesman who attended this problem during your stay. During his visit he noted that the pool gate was not closing properly. This is a very serious situation as there are a number of children drownings in swimming pools each year in Australia. Our maintenance manager reports that she attempted to ring you but was unable to reach you – I think you will agree that for the safety of your children that this was a matter that needed immediate attention.
Our mid-stay service timing is noted at time of check-in and an SMS is sent the day prior. We have a record of this message being sent. The cleaners confirmed that in addition to linen & towel changes they “mopped and vac the whole property again as well as cleaned the bathrooms, mirror, and hand basins and toilets and took out the rubbish.” We understand that you also had some requests and suggestions for cleaners at that time.
We agree that our compendiums could be more property specific and be of better quality. We are currently compiling new property specific quality compendiums which will be distributed to our properties later this month. Information regarding Wifi username and password is included in your welcome pack and this information is also affixed to the modem.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing