“Bad Sleep!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Noosa B&B and Inns
Brisbane
“Bad Sleep!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

My sleep was not good- our bed went a bit into the middle. The birds were soo loud in the morning. I didn't have enough blankets either as it was a chilly night.
Could have just been our room (113). Other than that the room was a good price and had all we needed. Clean, nice tv, fridge, spacious.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 7 September 2013

If you are looking for nice clean and comfy , well priced accom then The Anchor Motel is a must stay.
Rooms are well fitted out , staff are only to willing to help especially the on site manager Roger.
The pool is great, nice and clean and you are within easy walking distance to cafes.

We will be back

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've stayed here in the past and always found it clean and comfortable at an affordable price for this part of the world. I recently stayed here for two nights in August 2013 and it's still a great place to stay. Rooms are large, bed comfortable, bathroom clean, little noise from the road. I didn't use the pool but it looks very nice. The Anchor Motel is located away from Hastings St and Gympie Terrace so you probably need a car, or use the bus service to get to these areas. There are a few shops, including a Thai restaurant, a little further up Weyba Road. Highly recommended and I look forward to another return visit to one of my favourite places in Australia.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Halstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here for x2 nights in July, family of 5. My two sons (22 & 20) had their own room with queen beds, whilst my wife and I share our room with our 16yr old daughter, where we had two queen beds also. Excellent value as only cost us around £35pp per night.
The rooms were spotlessly clean, with TV, fridge, towels, iron & board all provided. Car parking facilities are first class, as literally outside the rooms. Only slight negatives, were the noise from the road and the nursery next door.
However, Roger provided a warm welcome and I would have no hesitation in staying here again, which I would hope to do so, because Noosa is such a beautiful town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had a short notice trip to Noosa for work, and struggled to find anywhere that had a one night minimum, and was reasonably priced - until I found this place online.
They were phenomenal! The rate was ONE THIRD the "special discount rate" at the conference hotel - and the room was lovely!! They looked either newly refurbished or just very well maintained, and exceptionally clean. The staff were so helpful, fit me in at last minute, they knew I was there on business, so when I arrived they pointed out everything I'd need (but did it quickly, they knew I had to race out straight away - but I left with a cab number and map, and a couple of quick hints for late night takeaways etc). I ended up having to stay two nights, and again, the managers were so accommodating, room was freshly cleaned and made ready for my second night (a nice and unexpected surprise to return to at the end if the night!).
Most places I stay at for work are the big five star resorts, but I just can't recommend the Anchor Motel enough - for the price, there's no way you'll beat the friendly service and great rooms - I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rachel B
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is the best value motel in the greater Noosa area. in fact it beats many flash apartments and hotels too. The rooms are large as are the bathrooms. The quality of fit out is great, great pool, easy parking, and the people are very friendly and helpful.

We spent two nights here and then stayed a further night as we just loved the room and bed so much.
The Free WiFi is fast, the showers large and powerful, Huge flat screen TV, cable channels, nice linen, tidy gardens and it has a BBQ area as well.

Location is central to Noosa heads, Noosa sounds, Noosa East Beach. Just 5 mins to anywhere.

This is also a great base to stay for day trips to Hervy Bay, Maroochydore and many other areas.

We looked hard at this area as we are fussy and we found a real gem. As for the road noise, mentioned by another reviewer, well this Noosa not downtown LA. We found it very quite.

This is great value. Don,t muck about just book it.

Room Tip: The King bed rooms have fantastic beds but all looked very good.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Argamemnon
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

One night stay, the staff was really nice and helpfull, lovely swimming pool, small, but had a great time. The room was big, nice furniture and balcony, view in the river, we had a really nice stay, really good value for the size of the room, and it was clean, very clean:)!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marine P
Roger G, Manager at Anchor Motel, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your comments and hope we see you again in the future.