All reviewsglen lyonyew treeopen firelocal musiciansarts and craftscountry hotelbar lunchdining roomvenisoncosy barlovely hotelpublic roomscomfortable loungetour of scotlandsuperior roomwine listdog friendly hotel
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Arrived to a clean and welcoming reception,great bedroom with everything supplied, a lot of thought had gone into this room down to fresh coffee supplied. Beautiful views and very comfortable bed, shower was great too and all clean. We had drinks in the tiny bar and were informed that there were some musicians arriving !!! The bar was tiny but it worked, a real buzz and lots of locals so felt the Scottish atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Walks all around for those of you that enjoy walking and a few cyclists, the staff were so friendly and helpful, always on call, and efficient. The highlight of the stay I must say was the restaurant! The food was delicious and very popular, as it was packed both nights we stayed. The breakfast was generous and cooked perfectly! I have done many reviews and found British hotels very hit or miss unless they are a chain but this privately owned hotel had my thumbs up! If you can get a reservation do, and enjoy the chief David and his staff's food because it is well worth the journey.

1  Thank Annette W
Reviewed 25 August 2015

My husband I stayed here for one night as part of a National Geographic group tour. We were extremely pleased with the room which was large and elegantly furnished. The dinner that night in the private dining room (our final night of our tour) was excellent. food was delicious and service attentive. There was live entertainment in the pub in the hotel but the room was tiny so we did not end up going in. I could hear the music from our room but it did not keep us awake that night.
Breakfast was standard with hot items off the menu and a cold buffet breakfast with cereals and yogurt. The hotel is in a rural setting next to an old church and a 5000 year old yew. We did not stay long enough to avail ourselves of the local activities but I would definitely consider staying here on a future trip to the area.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

This lovely hotel has old fashioned values of comfort and good service. The room we had was big, well appointed and comfortable. Our only negatives were the dinner menu and the location as applied to our needs. We had intended to have dinner at the hotel but found the menu on the night we were there uninspiring. In terms of our needs, we also found the location a bit isolated. I realise that is also an attraction so I would not list that as a negative, just a comment.

Overall, a great place and perhaps another time we will be luckier with the menu selection.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for three nights recently.
It was our first stay in this hotel and it wont be our last.
It is an excellent hotel with very friendly staff, tastefully furnished, wonderful food and in a beautiful, quiet location. The room was very comfortable and well appointed, with a lovely view over the countryside.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front probably have the better views, although rooms on the sides my well be good.
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We really enjoyed two nights at the Fortingall Hotel as part of a 10-day holiday in Scotland - wonderful setting and the hotel succeeds at combining beautifully polished antiques alongside contemporary finishes. All the staff welcoming, friendly and helpful. We are looking forward to returning one day.