“lovely meal and friendly staff”
Review of The Hildyard Arms

The Hildyard Arms
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Catterick
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely lunch in the Hildyard Arms at Colburn, for my work leaving party on Friday 15th August. Friendly, welcoming staff and great food. Many thanks

2  Thank MrsATeasdale

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stopped and camped here on my Coast to Coast walk and what a revelation it was. I arrived mid afternoon and was treated like a VIP. Camping is in the beer garden at the back and as well as having had the pub renovated, they have built a shower, toilet and drying room just for campers. There's good beer, great food and the locals are very friendly. The camping is free and so is the WiFi. This is a great place to camp for th night. Did I mention the camping is free?

2  Thank C2CCamper
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I've driven past the sign for this pub many a time over the years but have never been in before. We were looking on here for somewhere different to try for Sunday dinner and it popped up with some very good reviews- we weren't disappointed.

The pub has obviously had some recent refurbishment and is bright and airy. The food was lovely, we both had a proper Sunday roast followed by a delicious homemade lemon cheesecake.

The only let down was the atmosphere. The bar and restaurant were separate and there weren't many people in eating. It would have been nice to have some background music or something, as we felt like we were listening to others conversations or having to talk quietly so we weren't disturbing anyone! A little awkward.

1  Thank Sherbet101
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Have visited hilyard arms twice for food and both occasions the food has been fantastic. Very tasty and during the week some different dishes I may not expect but all the flavours totally complemented each other. Last time I went I was joined by two good friends and food was that good we all cleared our plates and were eager to try the puddings which were just heaven. Top marks to the chef and the really nice guy who served us. Service was fab and nothing was to much trouble. Only reason I scored a 4 instead of 5 on atmosphere was it happened to a little quiet the evening we came but it was mid week and I believe that once word has spread then midweek will soon become as popular as at the weekend for this fab little pub. Im already nagging the other half to take me back again there soon :)

1  Thank laurakeay
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Called in for Sunday lunch and we weren't disappointed. Lovely to have lunch served till 3pm. We sat in the beer garden which was so tranquil, a perfect place. Lunch arrived Roast Beef for my partner and Roast Pork for me. Both served piping hot. Loads of meat and fresh home made Yorkshire Puddings. Vegetables included roast parsnips, mash and roast potatoes, red cabbage, carrots and leeks. Excellent value at £8.95 each. We were to full for pudding! Really enjoyed our first visit here. Lovely decor inside, very clean. Excellent service. We will be back

1  Thank HouseofJanie