“Great night's sleep”

Premier Inn Newcastle (Holystone) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holystone
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel on Friday 24th January, checked in after 7pm and was met with a friendly smile from the helpfull receptionist. This was our first visit to a premier Inn but it won't be our last. The rooms were spacious, modern and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Never heard a noise all night and I can say it;s great value for money and we would definatley stay there again (or another premier inn after this stay)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMPremierInn11, General Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle (Holystone) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and again found it excellent. The staff are very welcoming and friendly. The rooms we booked were clean,comfortable and quiet. Parking is excellent and access to Newcastle and the coast ideal. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: We had rooms 19 and 20 which were on the ground floor and at the end of a corridor.There was no nois...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback regarding our clean and comfortable rooms and I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Booked at £25.00 a month ago, a chill out night away. On arrival there is hot water, coffee tea et.c, in reception, free a nice touch What a bargain, the room was very clean and warm, on our way out to the shops i mentioned to my husband we needed more coffee/milk, on our return the girls had been to our room and added more, another nice touch. The staff are very cheerful, helpful could not do more for you, there was even a hair dryer!! you do not get them at the TL's We ate in the Beefeater, the food was very good and again the staff fab, breakfast is also very good. We will return

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Brilliant, quiet location. Amazing staff, great food and hotel was beautiful. Would recommend this location. 10/10. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Even when we needed a hot water bottle for stiffness, they even happily provided them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. Your comments are very much appreciated and my team will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We've tended to alternate between Holystone and North Shields in the past couple of years, but after our stay this week, we'll definitely stick with North Shields in future. The reception staff were mostly ok, and the one who checked us in remembered us, which was nice, but one morning as we walked out the door, I said "Morning" to the receptionist, and she blanked me. We've previously always had rooms on the ground floor, but this time we were put on the first floor, and I was shocked to discover there isn't a lift. I suffer from an achilles problem and found the stairs a bit difficult. I feel that if there isn't a lift, they should maybe contact guests prior to visiting, to check if they have mobility problems. Our room was clean and the usual Premier Inn standard, but it overlooked a brick wall, cutting out light, which I hated, and the heating didn't stay on more than a couple of minutes at a time. There was no hot water via the sink, so we had to wash our hands with the bath taps. I suppose we should have reported that, but we were told the hotel was full, so it's not like we could have been moved. Our biggest gripe was with the restaurant, which we've had problems with in the past. We decided to give it another go, as it's changed from Table Table to Brewers Fayre since our last visit. We chose to eat in our room, so fetched food on all 3 nights of our stay. Unlike North Shields, who bring the food to your room, you have to go down and order your food, then go back down to fetch it. Each night my husband asked for our 2 meals, and a large house white for me. On the 3rd night he was charged 90p more for the wine than on the previous 2 nights. It's not much, but it was the principal. My husband went down to ask why it was 90p more than the previous 2 nights, and the lad who served him said he'd had house the last 2 nights, but this time he'd specifically asked for Pinot Grigio. My husband doesn't drink, and doesn't know the first thing about wines, so this was absolutely not true. The manager came over and slammed 90p down, and said they don't do a house wine as such, so you just get what you're given if you don't specify. He then made my husband feel small by saying it was only 90p, yet the way we see it, if they do this to 10 people, it's £9, and if they do it to 100 people, it's £90. Like I said, it's just the principal, but it reinforced my already low opinion of the restaurant, and marred our trip somewhat. We visit the area every few weeks, but will stick to North Shields in the future, where the staff are more friendly, and the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

great location, friendly staff, excellent restaurant next door supplying wonderful breakfast great value for money, we travelled from Brighton in a little over 5 hours to visit family, and you always know what your going to get with a Premier Inn,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Had such a warm friendly welcome on 22nd dec from anthony the night receptionist after a long and tiring day just like the advert on tv.
a credit to premeir inn look forward to returning again shortly
would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: had ground floor room was a quiet hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pauline K

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holystone
Village Hotel Newcastle
Village Hotel Newcastle
#27 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/C...
#19 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn North Shields (Ferry Terminal) Hotel
Jesmond Dene House
Jesmond Dene House
#4 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth...
#21 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Windsor Hotel - Whitley Bay
Windsor Hotel - Whitley Bay
#9 of 9 in Whitley Bay

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle (Holystone) Hotel? Share your experiences!