“Welcoming Inn”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Wife rang to book a Sunday lunch table, to be told the restaurant was fully booked, but the nice guy on the phone said they could give us a table in the bar, if we were ok with that , on arrival my fave cider was not available , but the very pleasant guy behind the bar , gave me a sample of another cider, which I was impressed with, We sat down at our table, and from the start could tell this place was run with the customer in mind, the waitress took our order, and our starters arrived, couldn't fault anything, the same with the main course, listening to conversation, nothing is any trouble for the staff , all very pleasant and friendly, I will be visiting again soon, and would highly recommend , other publicans should visit the Odd Wheel, and see how a good pub with excellent food should be run. Well done to everyone, a very satisfied customer.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great little pub with a nice restaurant the other side of the bar.
Really nice menu, quick service and good food.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Just got back from Devon after a weekend in a nearby cottage. We visited this place on our arrival on the Friday for a lunch. It was good pub fayre (fantastic chips, by the way) and very, very reasonable price-wise (£9) for two courses Mon - Fri lunchtime. The two gents then spent most of Saturday afternoon in the bar bit for the rugby which was very friendly and had a darts board and pool table for our amusement. Nice selction of beers - St Austell Tribute was our poison of choice - but they had on another three of four local ones as well. All in all the kind of boozer you'd like to have as your local. A little dated decor-wise but I prize ambience above that anyway.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have been going to The Odd Wheel in Wembury for a number of years now. Since it has been taken over in a couple of year ago, it has really come to life again. The current Landlady has taken a lot of time to get the pub and restaurant to a really good standard. The Odd wheel always has a very good relaxed atmosphere and the staff are always friendly and helpful. I have eaten here often and have to say the food has always been very good, i would recommend this place, well done!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

As previously stated by a reviewer, this pub used to be neglected but since the new landlady took over a few years ago, it has been redecorated, and modernised. One half of the pub is now a restaurant and the other half is a bar although the bar is comfortable enough.
Since the arrival of the Head Barman, the choice and quality of real ales has been second to none. At any one time, there are about six real ales available and the staff are happy to let you try before you buy. The only food that I can vouch for is the cheesy chips which always goes down well with the ale. My partner, myself and our two dogs can be found in the bar every Saturday lunchtime supping the wares - there is no other pub in our locality that can compete. As lifetime Camra members, we intend to cast our vote for this pub as Pub of the Year.