“Lunch”
Review of The Odd Wheel

The Odd Wheel
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Wembury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Visited for lunch during a walk from Jennycliffe, sat in the bar with our dog as he wasn't allowed in the restaurent but we could have sat in the beer garden. We enjoyed our food and were tempted by the desserts so decided to have the set menu. We all enjoyed our food and my daughter expecially recommends the Fish and chips with mushy peas and tartare sauce. The Candied Walnuts and caramel cheesecake was delicious and not too sweet. Our dog was brought a bowl of water which he enjoyed throught our meal.

• Visited August 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

A lovely child and dog friendly pub. I don't find the menu brilliant but maybe that's me. Food was ok. Service was excellent. We were served by Jamie who was friendly, informative and took this review up from a 3* to a 4*.

Visited August 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“The tastiest fish & chips ever !!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have visited "The Odd Wheel" on 2 occasions this year and i really hope to make it 3 occasions very soon.On the first visit my wife and i ordered the chicken curry and we were not disappointed in any way with the taste,portion size,and the price....Highly recommended.The 2nd visit with 3 members of the family was a taste sensation.. We all ordered the fish and chips and we all agreed it was the tastiest battered fish we have ever experienced anywhere ever!!!.On the down side we all thought the portions were quite small in the shape of a handful of chips and a tablespoon of mushy peas and left still feeling hungry.A bigger portion = Food heaven!!! .The staff were all very friendly indeed and kept the bar and restaurant spotless... Should be very proud of themselves.

• Visited June 2014
Telford, United Kingdom
“Wish this was my local”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I remember this pub from when I was a young lad, when it was called The Jubilee Inn and although it has gone through a couple of name changes since the late 50's and obviously as the establishment has been through years of changes it is still one of my favourites, I just wish it was my local. My childhood was spent growing up in Wembury and It is always lovely to come back. Soak up the atmosphere of the Odd Wheel, in a lovely location, very friendly and helpful staff and the food did not disappoint either, it was superb. Next time you are in the vicinity, I urge you to pop in for a drink and a meal. If you happen to live locally and it is your usual watering hole, I can only feel envious.

• Visited July 2014
“Faultless”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here last nite....have been several times always found it a really lovely village pub...nice decor...toilets are spotless...the food was good value...good portions and hot...the seafood starter platter is a different slant on the old prawn cocktail and was very good...I can also reccomend the Eaton mess it was full of berries.the staff were very attentive without been intrusive...all in all can't fault it and will return again.

• Visited July 2014