“Incredible Service!!!”
Review of Lion & Lamb

Lion & Lamb
Reserve with OpenTable
Lion & Lamb is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$9 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

We have been visiting this pub a few times, Food is way much better than any average pub. Piece wise is not expensive at all. The best thing we have experienced is the service, amazing customer service!! Specially Matt and Edita, they always ensured the customer expectations are achieved!! 10 out of 10!!

Date of visit: April 2016
lindawilk, Owner at Lion & Lamb, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

Stumbled on this little gem when we dropped my daughter off at the airport last night. What an amazing find! It was a lovely homely little pub with a very nice restaurant area at one end. Staff were lovely and friendly and the food was to die for. I don't think ive ever seen such huge portions and it was just amazing. Everyone agreed , well worth a visit even if you not going to the airport

Date of visit: March 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your evening with us at The Lion and Lamb and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Went to the pub using a Groupon offer so the voucher price made it good value. The 'normal' price is too high for the quality, cooking and presentation. I would describe the food as being 'Pub food' rather than being a restaurant despite the flashy website. The portions were large with ample accompanying vegetables. We are both fish eaters and although we had different fish they both slightly overcooked, skate should be moist and succulent not crispy. Judged on a 'Pub' basis it was acceptable but the prices are creeping towards restaurant prices and so the quality of cooking could have been better.
Wine by the glass was very fairly priced and of reasonable quality but not special.
There was a good blazing fire and the pub had a very pleasant and relaxed atmosphere with plenty of car parking.
Would I use it again - maybe but would not rush back, it is up against many better pubs and restaurants in the area as regards quality and pricing.

1  Thank PeterDunmow
lindawilk, Owner at Lion & Lamb, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Peter I am sorry you found your fish a little over cooked and not exactly to your taste. We normally have great reviews about all of our fresh food. We are sorry you found the prices a little high, however we only use the best quality produce (sourced locally where possible). We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Such large plates!
I ordered the steak and ale pie and was not disappointed!
This is what I call a 'home made pie!'
The pastry was just right, the pie was not shy of very succulent tender meat cooked in a very good gravy.
The vegetables on a separate plate were cooked just as I like them, seasoned just right, with a hint of herbs.
I am just recovering from a long stay in hospital and loss of appetite - no loss of appetite tonight, I finished the entire plate,
Excellent meal, very good service and wonderful atmosphere.
Thank you Lion & Lamb.

Date of visit: March 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your meal.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Visited for the first time with friends, was a little apprehensive as hadn't heard good things about it, but it's a lovely little village pub with friendly staff and big portions, I had the fish and chips which was very tasty.

My only criticism is there are very few vegetarian options which in this day and age is very pore. I'm not a vegetarian but one of my friends was and I felt sorry for her as we were all tucking into hot food and she was eating a baguette!

Please add some more to the menu, it's not only vegetarians who like vegetarian food.

1  Thank Carole T

We are glad you enjoyed your food.
There are always four or five vegetarian options on our menu however if you had asked our staff I am sure we would have been able to arrange some alternative choices for your friend. We are always very flexible.
We hope to see you again soon.