“Pie to die for....”
Review of Lion & Lamb

Lion & Lamb
Reserve with OpenTable
Lion & Lamb is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$9 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I have passed this pub so many times and finally ventured in for an early evening meal. The quality of the meals were first class. I opted for the steak and ale pie, whilst my partner had the lamb shank (which she thoroughly enjoyed). I must say that the pie was excellent, so tender and tasty. The service was good and it will not be too long before we visit again.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Philip T
lindawilk, Manager at Lion & Lamb, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

We are glad that you enjoyed your evening with us at The Lion and Lamb. We hope to see you again soon for another delicious, home made steak and real ale pie.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

We have a monthly meet up with 2 friends and on our previous visit we had a really nice time and the food was very good but sadly this was not the case this time. On our previous visit the decor was a bit tired and the chairs uncomfortable and this time it looked really shabby and in need of of a good clean.The waitress service was very slow but we ordered our starters which were acceptable when they arrived. The main courses were ordered the men wanted fillet steak one well done the other medium they were both over cooked but had a nice flavour, my friend ordered the Dover Sole which came up on the bone and had lots of pepper which was not mentioned on the menu she currently has a health problem which meant she was unable to remove the bone so we asked if the chef could do it only to be told he was too busy, she also asked for some butter to put on the new potatoes, (we asked 3 times for the butter and when she eventually brought it the potatoes were stone cold sothe butter was of no use),my husband removed the fish from the bone but by the time this had been done her food was cold, I ordered the skate which also cam with black pepper but it was quite dry and curled up at the edges where it had been kept under the grill and my new potatoes were over cooked and barely warm. We did tell the waitress and she said we could have a free dessert which were just about ok very skimpy with the ice cream. When we came to pay she gave us the wrong bill and when she gave us the correct one it had desserts on it which we challenged and she said it was only for the lady who had the Dover Sole whose was free. Eventually she removed all of them from the bill. We will not be returning.

1  Thank Steve S

We are very sorry that our food and service was not up to our usual standard. I think this may have happened during a transition in staffing and being short staffed on that particular eveing. As you know, on your previous visit to The Lion and Lamb you had an enjoyable evening and we still try to maintain excellent service and fresh food for all of our customers.
I think perhaps you and I were let down this evening and I am sure the new team would look after you very well should you be good enough to return.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Went to our "local" unfortunately, Friday afternoon at 3:30pm to give our children a nice dinner. On arrival ordered drinks and made our way to the beer garden where the girls ran around and played in the Wendy house whilst we watched them from a near by table, to my horror my 18 month old walked out of the house with two dirty glasses in her hands !!

We quickly departed this area to go eat, I was waiting at the bar as the other half got the girls settled, waiting for the bar tender as he wasn't available, once he retuned he served a local chap then returned to take my food order with no apology. The food arrived too quickly and wasn't in anyway child friendly. Over fried , greasy inedible food, apparently according to the menu its " homemade chicken Goujons" really !!!!!! Vile food, crap service, go here at your peril

3  Thank 371MC

We are sorry that a previous customer had left glasses in the wendy house. This is checked upon frequently but it is impossible to monitor it 100 percent of the time. We are sorry that you were not served first at the bar, but perhaps the bar tender did not know who was first in line. Im sure it was no favourtism. I can assure you that the goujons are home made, free range chicken . I am sorry they were not to your liking. We pride ourselves that most of our smaller appetites are fresh locally produced food. All of our customers usually enjoy our selection.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Myself and two friends came across this little pub after walking about a mile from a B&B that we stayed at. What a fantastic find. We had eating at quite a lot of pubs across Wales and the U.K. On our travels and so far this place is one that will stay in my mind for a while to come. The ham, eggs and chips I had for dinner was great. The chips were the best I had had so far. Then we decided to have dessert. I had the apricot bread and butter pudding with custard and it was absolutely wonderful. Even though I was full, I persevered until I managed to eat the whole dessert. There was no way I was leaving a crumb in my bowl. If you ever come across this pub it is well worth the stop.

Date of visit: May 2016

We are so happy that you and your friends had an enjoyable experience with us at The Lion and Lamb. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Sweet little pub near Stansted airport (Ryan Air - 7 euros from France). The usual pubby charm but food way above average. What a great Yorkshire pudding!! A tower of goodness with my "smaller appetite" prime rib. And truly homemade chips, not the frozen types you get more or less all the time now.

Date of visit: April 2016
lindawilk, Owner at Lion & Lamb, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us at the Lion and Lamb.
We hope to see you again soon.