Airhotel Domodedovo
Globus Hotel(Domodedovo)
  • Room Service
Jules Verne(Kolychyovo)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree shuttlethe busan overnight staymini barhotel shuttlerooms are cleanhotel restaurantlate at nightnear airportother handlate arrivalmin walkfront desk staffhour layoverparking arealong flightgreat breakfast
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

For a hotel just a short hop from a main international airport, the airhotel is perfectly decent.

The rooms are clean, although a bit drab, but the bed is comfy, and the bathroom is acceptable. There is a choice of buffet or ala carte restaurants. The buffet didn't look great so we ate ala carte which was ok.

The hotel feels like a budget hotel, but for the price it is ok, and as the minibar is free I mustn't complain!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CCW1972
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Transiting at Moscow DME arriving 9pm leaving 4pm next day, the most logical choice for the night is of course the Airhotel only 500 meters from airport, and with shuttle bus. I had misgivings reading TripAdvisor reports before booking, but I am pleasantly surprised for the choice. I found the room while not large is well-equipped, fast free internet, very brightly lit, with ironing facilities conveniently installed on the wall, and a free minibar with geneous supply of snacks and drinks even two bottles of beer. The bed is comfortable and the curtain really blacks out for a good rest. Great that they offer 3pm checkout without questioning. The inclusive breakfast is very good, better than that of an average Sheraton, with fresh juices, good tea, and great selection of food including fish, real Vienna sausage, even chicken booth. Service is good as they at least attempt to speak English. There is a useful shoe-shine machine in the hall: there are a lot of thoughtful touches and the hotel is bigger than its photo indicates. The other DME area hotel I used was the Milan, which had better rooms but all else I prefer this hotel, with really convenient shuttle. Yes the complaints are probably due to small room with a high almost USD200 price tag but given that this is Moscow it is not bad value. Will use again if transit at DME. The only complaint is that the shuttle bus parks a bit far and difficult to find. I waited outside Door 3 as indicated for nearly half an hour (when the temperature was minus 12 C) before discovering the car quietly parking in a parking lot, and the driver is if to say the least, unhelpful. But I now know the way to find the car......the late checkout is really good for resting before my long-haul flight to Hongkong. Interestingly when waiting for the car a taxi driver told me that he can take me to another hotel only 5 minutes away, at 900 RUB (whereas Airhotel is 6 times the price).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank awhw
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was a little concerned about staying at the airhotel because of the reviews I'd seen. In the end it was a very pleasant experience.

In summary, the rooms are indeed a little dated and tired, but they are clean, tidy and safe. They also come with a free mini bar. Nothing to get too excited about, but there were a few beers and some snacks. THe check in desk staff were efficient and friendly. I've only eaten in the reataurant once, it was nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either. The transfer from the terminal was excellent. I've stayed at this hotel now 4 times, and I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a tranfer either too or from the terminal.

Airport hotels don't have to offer much, you are afterall paying for the convenience. The airhotel is way above average with respect to transit hotels I've experience in the UK. I wouldn't want to stay here for more than a day, nor would I do so if my intention was to visit Moscow proper. But for an over night stay with a flight in the morning, I wouldn't stay anyware else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lost_Somewhere_nice
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Perfect location with free transit from domidedovo (though hard to find), good breakfast. Facilities in hotel (eg sauna) are nice. Staff was helpful and nice. Rooms are tiny and very expensive. The hotel offers an excellent one night stay. We were a couple with a baby.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed there overnight just to take an early flight. Hotel is really near the airport and they have a free shuttle each 15 minutes, departing from Domodedovo's exit #3. The hotel had old fashioned rooms and bathrooms, although I found everything quite clean; rooms were quite noisy, I could hear people talking in the corridor and the noise from the planes quite loud. There are some amusement facilities but I don't think they are frequently used (gym, sauna...). One strange but very good point for them: the minibar was free, and it was filled with quite some things, not just water. Staff was quite friendly, according to Russian standards

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business