“3 nights - nice appartment”

Park Regis Concierge Apartments
Huntington Beach, California
“3 nights - nice appartment”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It's kind of "far" from Sydney city because we didnt have a car but there is a bus stop just in front of the residence so really nice . The room are ok, like every residence & appartment hotel. The rooms are clean, the staff is really friendly, cool place just to visit and not that expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis Concierge Apartments, responded to this review, 28 September 2014
Dear NinaMoccha,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a lovely review about your stay at our property. Public transport is certainly one of our benefits and we certainly are in a prime location just a 10 minute drive outside of the city but still in an ideal location for icons such as Balmoral Beach.
I will be sure to pass on your review to our staff, thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the property soon.

Katie Nairne,
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
N S W
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Harbour View appartments (1 bedroom suite) provide breathtaking views to the south offering the Harbour Bridge to the City centre across to Bondi Junction.
Rooms are ok , some a little tired. Excellent location.
Rooms on the southern side are quietest.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southern side provide views & serenity. Rooms on top floor (level 7) provide breat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis Concierge Apartments, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear black_ribbon_NSW,

We would like to thank you deeply for your kind words about your recent stay.

Our location is very unique, being in the hub of the lower north shore as well as having stunning views of the Harbour. Having access to public transport directly out the front that can take you anywhere is Sydney is also a bonus.

We are currently in a refurbishment stage for the Hotel, so for your next stay we would love to welcome you back into one of our lovely new rooms.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My family stayed here for 5 nights last year and we loved it. I chose this hotel because it was close to all the attractions we wanted to see. We drove approx 8 mins to Taronga zoo and the next day caught the bus to ferry dock that took us to Sydney city where we went to aquarium, opera house, and Madame tusauds. The hotel was very clean, we had our own kitchen, shower, toilet and washing machine which all came in handy for our kids. It was excellent quality and value for money, we will be staying again next trip.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Pinkdaisyz,

We would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a lovely review about our Hotel!

I have passed your kind words onto our staff members, who always strive to exceed guest’s expectations.
We are very lucky to be situated in such a prime located on the lower north shore, being so close to the city but also to major attractions such a Balmoral Beach and Taronga Zoo.

We look forward to your next stay, hopefully very soon!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in April. The receptionist wasn't particularly friendly and when asked about getting a quiet room away from Main Street all I got was that will cost you extra which I ended up doing. I went to room I was given on 2nd floor and all you can smell is that wet sinking throughout, instantly regretted my decision. The room was disgraceful. There were marks on the walls and the Shower/Toilet/laundry area was filthy/hair etc and rust, was nothing like the photos. In summary of issues:
1st and 2nd Room issues
- Again that smell through the room which I opened the old type glass louvers
- Very basic but cramped bathroom with shower/toilet/washing machine/Dryer/Laundry basin, me being 6.3 knee up to laundry basin
- I turned the TV on but no channels working as no reception
- A/C is very old and in corner of glass louvers behind curtains and can’t have the roller blinds
- I opened the automatic louvers on patio area and wasp nest and a lot of dirt etc fell out so I just closed it again
- I decided to have a shower and turned on the hot water and started to pull the curtain close when it all just fell on me with NO hot water
- After all this I rang reception and advise which they moved me to another room but on same floor back towards the main road.
- Bed in 2nd room was disgraceful as could feel the springs with large waves in it
- Hot water worked but in morning it cut off after about 4 mins
- Asked about internet/WiFi they charge is far too high!
- TV worked but with limited channels in room 2
- Rang spoke to Manager advised of issues and wasn’t after a refund just an apologise but didn’t get one
- If I was to rate this room in stars I would only give it ½ Star and would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Max_19282014
Dear Max_19282014,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay.

We have followed up since your phone calls with our front desk staff, housekeeping and maintenance in regards your multiple room moves. I can assure you that you were certainly not moved back onto the military road for your second room move.
After our discussion on the phone, we did apologise and asked if there was anything else we could do, a refund unfortunately was not an option.

Thank you for expanding on your complaints throughout your stay, we will be happy to follow up on these issues further as we weren’t aware of a few of these.

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cremorne hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We booked this at the last minute and couldn't get there before reception closed (6pm on Sundays). Therefore, we couldn't access the car park either. Luckily, we found a park out in the street which wasn't timed until 8.30 the next morning so that was all good. It was quite a hassle to get access to our room: we had to call a number from the sign at the front door, to get a combination to the post box on the wall outside the hotel. Then inside the box was our room key in an envelope. Good thing we checked the name on the envelope as there was another one in the same box! Once we got inside the building we couldn't operate the lift, eventually realising we had to swipe the magnetic key before we could move! The room was reasonably clean, although the bathroom/laundry smelled pretty bad. The bed was comfortable. The biggest issue was the 'toiletries' in the bathroom. The 'shampoo' dispenser was filled with soapy water and the 'conditioner' had been watered down. Seriously - don't provide toiletries if its not economically viable but don't water them down - that's just rude!
Even though the hotel is on Military Road we didn't notice any traffic noise until about 8am the next morning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the other side of building away from Military Road would probably be quieter, but the traff...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TwoSkibums2011,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Park Regis Concierge Apartments in Cremorne.

Unfortunately as we do not operate as a 24-hour reception we do close earlier on Sunday evenings. Our procedure for after hours ensures that one of our friendly staff call you to confirm your arrival time and also to explain how to gain access to check in. Nitel is our team that operate overnight, they also have the responsibility for explaining how to enter the building and use the keys correctly. If they did miss that explanation, I do apologise.

I have certainly spoken with housekeeping in regards to ensuring that all amenities are correctly filled for optimum use as this is certainly a necessity at serviced apartments.

Our location is quite unique in the hub or the lower north shore but close enough to the city. We would certainly like the opportunity to have you on the Harbour Side during your next stay, as it is a magical view.

leeds
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at these apartments for 8 nights. I was charged at a 4* rate vs a 3.5* rate. When I asked at the difference was I was told I had been given a refurbished room. The room was disgraceful. The tiles were off in the kitchen area and there were marks on the walls and the laundry area was filthy.

I was moved to a "better" room but it was still very dirty. I should say the bed linen was very clean and fresh. But I had to move the bed when I dropped the remote and got the shock of my life when I saw what was underneath it!!

On a positive note the female reception staff were so helpful and lovely.

By the way the internet charge is also far too high!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sashaLeeds
Dear sashaLeeds,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property.

Since your stay, we have had a full inspection by maintenance and housekeeping to ensure that all of the maintenance, cleaning and utilities were all up to scratch with our 4* ratings.

I apologise that even after our reception staff offered an upgrade and room move that it was still not to your liking. We will certainly ensure the rooms are inspected by our front desk staff moving forward in situations such as yours.

Unfortunately our internet provider is through a third party agent and we cannot change the rates set to us by the company.
I have passed on your lovely words to our front desk staff; we hope that your husband and you got home safely.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed for one night in March and instantly regretted our decision.

The receptionist wasn't particularly friendly and didn't seem to keen on engaging in any form of conversation. We were given our room keys and asked for payment along with a deposit of $100 (there had been no information given to state I had already paid online so she had to double check which took a while). We got the lift up to the 3rd floor and on exiting the first thing that hit us was the smell - something like wet dog. Our room was smaller than expected, not particularly clean, smelled damp and the bathroom was nothing like the photos - very basic and cramped, mould in the tiles and again could have used a good clean. The air con was broken although there was an additional fan in the room but the head on ours was hanging off so we couldn't use it.

On checking the paperwork we realised that whilst we had booked a superier studio apartment we had been given a standard room. We quickly realised there had been a mistake and on questioning it we were told that the person dealing with the reservations had booked us into the wrong type of room but there were no more superior rooms left so we would have to stay in a standard room (the receptionist agreed to refund the difference) . At this point we asked to be moved to another room due to the smell and also the broken fan.

The next room wasn't much better although didn't smell quite as bad. The aircon was in the door again which is a very old system. It's also pretty noisy and means you can't close the curtains at night or the air can't flow through - so you're either too hot or woken up very early by the sun. There is a TV in the room, but ours only had 4 channels which got signal, there is wifi but you have to pay for it (not stated on the website). The bed was quite comfortable though which was the only redeeming feature.

In addition to this, the receptionist failed to update the systems to show that we had moved to a new room. The new room was listed as unoccupied, which led to a rather awkward encounter when housekeeping unlocked the door to check the room at 8.00am to find it now occupied by us - could have been quite embarassing.

All in all I'd advise against booking here.

Room Tip: pay a bit more for a harbour view - the street ones are pretty noisy as miliatary road is very busy
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear clairelou27,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay our property.

We appreciate the feedback about your check in we will certainly be sure to speak to our staff, and have certainly passed onto housekeeping about the smell and room upkeep. Maintenance has also completed a thorough room check to ensure that all units and utilities are working efficiently.

I am pleased to hear that the receptionist attempted to resolve your queries with a room move and also to refund the difference in accommodation and we sincerely apologise for the room mix up.

We would love the opportunity to discuss your stay further if you have time to contact us.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cremorne
Meriton Serviced Apartments North Sydney
#1 of 1 in McMahons Point
McLaren Hotel
McLaren Hotel
#5 of 9 in North Sydney

Been to Park Regis Concierge Apartments? Share your experiences!