“Cosy, great food and stunning view”
Review of Hus Nr. 8

Hus Nr. 8
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Lech
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Cosy, great food and stunning view”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I always have lunch here with my family when we visit Lech in the winter. We always sit outside - you have a beautiful view of the mountains and there are fur blankets to keep you warm. The food is expensive, but that's to be expected in Lech. The service is good and the food is delicious - worth the price!

• Visited February 2013

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Traditional Austrian Fare”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I would thoroughly recommend Hus No 8. We ate here during a week's stay in Lech in September. The welcome was warm with the staff wearing their lovely traditional dress in the restaurant which is decorated in rustic Austrian style with lots of pine. The menu had some lovely options that included typical Tyrolean dishes. My husband and daughter opted for a cheese fondue which came with a huge salad and potatoes as well as cubes of bread. I had a delicious pasta with in-season chanterelles to start and a main course salad with goats cheese. It's not cheap, but excellent service and quality meant we were very satisfied.

• Visited September 2013
Hove, United Kingdom
“Lovely building with good food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I like this restaurant and its nooks and crannies - it is a succession of smaller rooms, mainly wood-beamed. Service is friendly and the food well-presented. Dishes are very Austrian using fresh and tasty local ingredients. I try to go there at least once when in Lech, and I look forward to returning. My 4 stars should really be 4.5, but there we are.

Visited July 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Fabuous, authentic restaurant.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We liked everything, the food, the drink and staff.
The place was so authentic, a lovely little alpine chalet, yet on the main street

Visited September 2013
Reading
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My family and I visited Haus Nr 8 on a holiday with Inghams in August.

We were sat inside as it wasnt the nicest day, and it was gorgeous inside. VERY warm as i think the stube was on but so lovely and cozy.

The waitresses were a delight, very smiley and wonderfully dressed in their dirndls. They spoke excellent English which is always lovely.

The service was wonderful, our drinks were kept topped up and nothing was too much trouble.
2 of us had the Schnitzel which was delicious, lovely and crispy and nice and moist on the inside.

My fiancé had black pudding grostl, which he absolutely loved, and the sauerkraut salad was equally delicious.

My Mother had a special of Pork Fillet which was cooked to perfection.

We rounded the evening off with some obstler which went down a treat.

Would 100% recommend this restaurant and if we go back to Lech we will definately visit again. Would make a marvellous spot of an evening outside.

Danke Schön!