“Wonderful holiday”
Review of Hotel Alexandra

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lech
Hotel Alexandra
Ranked #38 of 53 Hotels in Lech
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Chalet Alexanda back in August 2013. It was the first time we had travelled with Inghams and hopefully it wont be the last. The hotel was very comfortable with lovely views all round. The young team could not do enough for you. My friend used to be an Inghams rep years ago which she loved and after returning from this holiday I can see why she loved it so much. The team was led by Tim with Helen being the Assistant Manager. They were so friendly and helpful and although our flight was delayed, when we arrived vety late at the hotel there was still a hot meal waiting for us. All the staff were great, Conner and Hannah serving lovely wines during dinner and the chefs cooking marvellous well presented meals. Tim and his crew were so caring when I was ill for a day or two. The rapport the team built up with the guests was amazing. Tim and Helen must be lovely to work for as the staff are so happy all the time and Tim was heard to say to Josh before he went off to Uni that wherever he was working in the world he would have Josh back to work with him. Hopefully Connor and Helen are doing well at the Montfort this season and Hannah enjoying being Assistant Manager. Lee the rep was a lovely man, so very friendly and helpful. I left my camera on a coach when we went on a trip and to my surprise last month a parcel had arrived with my camera case in and a lovely letter from Lee. He had taken the trouble to bring my camera case back to the UK with him at the end of the season and post it to me. I have been singing Inghams praises since returning from Lech and this was the icing on the cake, what great customer service. Lech is a truly stunning location with very well marked walking trails and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our plan is to return after retirement in the Summer of 2015 all being well. Thank you all. Lesley and John - Cambridgeshire

1  Thank lesley v

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our fourth Inghams summer season chalet holiday. Brilliant team led by Tim and Helen with great food from the 3 wonders of the kitchen and cheerfully and amusingly presented by Connor and Hannah. Superb atmosphere all week. As always lashings of astonishingly good wine. Warm and very comfortable house on the wet and snowy days with a clear indication that we were most welcome to stay around; good advice on expeditions and weather from Lee (rep) and Tim.Sun did shine most days at some point! Location in the village ideal for bus and lifts and loads of great walks.Free bus and lifts on local card made it a holiday with virtually no extras thanks to the good breakfasts and packed lunches and the wonderful evening feasts. Not a centre for those who want lots of coach excursions or shopping experiences perhaps but ideal for the walkers and strollers and local explorers and the group staying in our week (last week of season in late September) was largely comprised of all of these.As expected the building is well used but is in total keeping with the resort and the rooms were spacious and well furnished in a traditional Austrian style. Cosy and popular lounge area and a typical Austrian dining room arrangement. All kept immaculately clean by the enormously hard working team. Not for those who want Austrian cooking at every meal or luxury surroundings but for an affordable and highly enjoyable week in a high mountain resort that is normally very expensive this is a real bargain.

Room Tip: Room 104 has sitting area and private balcony with open view over the mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan W
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is the second Inghams chalet hotel we have staed in and both havevbeen very good. Although the decor is a little date the rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was excellent. The all inclusive nature of the stay meant that we did not have to spend anything. Free wine with the meal, packed lunch and afternoon tea and cake. Moving guests at dinner is a good idea - you get to know more people.
Lech itslef was a little disappoining. It is a trendy ski resort that feels it has to open in the summer. The walks are badly signposted (trendy skiers do not need signposts) and there is no atmospere in the evenings. The free buses and ski lifts are excellent but the buses are dangerously overcrowded

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john m
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I read some of the reviews and think there must be 2 Hotel Alexandras.......

Staff - fantastic. Good luck at Uni, Josh; good luck as assistant managers, Conor and Hannah; Tim and Helen- - I'd stay anywhwere you manage! Cooks (Jamie, Stuart and ...apologies, the other lad...) you are brilliant. The food was consistently exceptional. I remember only cleared plates. Cake at 4pm - don't be late!

We had concerns over the whole Chalet Hotel thing, but with this team at this place, all worries vanish. And I suspect that this is a Inghams general standard too. We had a great time. And we're REALLY antisocial!

The room - slightly tired, but absolutely what we needed, and for the price, you really shouldn't argue. If you want 5*, go and pay for it. It was entirely adequate. Better than that.

The hotel general areas - spotlessly clean. And very comfortable, lots of nice sofas to sink into after a day walking, nice terrace, not too far from the centre, but far enough to avoid any rowdiness.

The staff - coudn't have done enough. Always there if you needed them, never obtrusive; and incidentally, very nice folks; lots and lots of laughs; and they know EXACTLY what they are doing - wholly fun, and very professional. I hope I meet them again somewhere. Tim and Helen, the Senior Management - fantastic. I suspect and hope that they are very good to work for.

Inghams rep Lee - effortlessly personable, a lovely man, and don't forget, he has to deal with crusty British people. I can't imagine a better man to go to if you have problems; and I laughed a lot with him. What more do you need?

Lech - very beautiful; no single overwhelming vista, like you would get at Wengen, for instance, but surrounded by Alps, with walking paths in every direction. And still the sheer loveliness of the Alps, which is always a marvel. I'd go back; and when I'm at work, trudging on, I shall remember the view, and it will lift my heart.

As you can spot, I like the Inghams staff, and I like Lech. As for the downside comments - well, I'm glad those people weren't there when I was......they'd suck the oxygen out of the place.....we paid £1600 for 2 weeks, and if you argue with what we got for it, you really should go somewhere else. Such good value.

Room Tip: Whaterver you do, don't miss the cakes at 4pm. No Alp worth that.
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Just returned from an excellent week in Lech. The Food was faultless (except the failed meringues for eton mess). The staff were all extremely helpful. Would definitely go back. Wish I could remember the name of the white wine(not the Chardonnay) I had each night. Well done Inghams another great holiday.

Room Tip: Room 214 has its own balcony and wifi works if sat near the balcony.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Summer hol.Good walking.Inghams had not told us that the balcony was a 3-4 room shared one.Best packed lunch was on staff day off when you made your own from breakfast provision and elsewhere.In a chalet hotel you are expected to show up at 7 for cocktails and socialising,and at 7.30 you are assigned to a table with people not of your choosing.The end of a day of walking took on the mien of a quasi interview situation..Presumably the unlimited wine is intended to lubricate this situation.Certainly the majority of the guests took very full advantage in the hour and a half it usually took to serve the meal.On more than one occasion I found myself being virtually climbed over as inebriates raveningly and staggeringly lurched for the post-dinner chocolates and cheese and biscuits.The so-called entertainment on one of the barbecue nights was so appallingly tasteless that it would have been rejected from a putative Hi de Hi script as being over the top-a mix of pantomime,charades,Blue Peter tin foil garmenting ,and Trivial Pursuits presented to a bunch of drunks by an archly knowing camp tour rep.Going on and on to the point of making one walk out..
Very nice staff.I hope the young ones-most of the staff -get paid enough.You do well enough in terms of tangible provision.But bear in mind the Chalet Hotel handle.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We weren't quite sure what to expect of a chalet hotel but we ended up getting more than we thought. This was a good half board plus package, with just the breakfast on Tuesdays as it is the staff day off but packed lunch, afternoon snack and dinner otherwise. The rooms are large and comfortable with shared balcony, the amenities perfectly ok for a small hotel and the British staff friendly and obliging. It is a little out of the main village but the walk is pretty much flat. It is a very effective way to get to what is usually an expensive resort. We are booking again for next year and would certainly consider other Inghams chalet hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family