“Decent hotel, without fitness room”

Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Cergy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed 5 nights, and spent more time than expected at the hotel. I was positively surprised about the kettle for tea/coffee in the room, and the fridge was big enough to put some food inside. The TV was small, the bathroom great - with MUCH lighting (contrary to another review). The free internet connection was very slow at times during the week, but great on the weekend. Parking is pricey at 6€ per day, and should be free. My big disappointment was that there was no fitness room in the hotel since it is listed as one of the assets of the hotel on the accorhotels website. I was referred to the nearby gym, where I had to pay 10€ for one visit (while 30€ is the price for one MONTH). Another thing I did not like was that I was called by the reception the day I stayed in the room for most of the time and asked, whether I wanted my room to be done - but then, I understand why. Another day I returned and found that someone had been in my room and opened the window, and the cleaning lady had not even been in the room yet. Who had entered and why?
All in all, a pleasant stay and I could imagine coming back next time. I did not have any food at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed here weekend of Easter with a group of peoplefrom UK.Coming from Uk it is easy to get to via A16, onto A15 and only a couple of minutes from the motorway to the hotel. The reception was small, efficient, quick check in. There is NO restauarant in this 4*Hotel so I dont know how it gets its ratings!!Room rates are reasonable for the Greater Paris area, breakfast is 14 Euros!!.However if with a coach group you get very basic fare-a small croissant, and bread roll tea/coffee orange juice and thats about it...The rooms are of an acceptable standard, reasonably roomy, with big TV, tea/cofee making facilties-however if you run out of the sachets you have to pay for more!!!Rooms are quiet and pleasant with adjustable heating to suit.The hotel only has a small bar which in the evening is staffed by the night porter/.receptionist/general dogsbody... so again dont know how its rated as 4*??Prices a little cheaper than central Paris - 3.5Euro small beer, 5 Euro glass wine etc. Other drinks can be expensive, but not quiet as bad as Paris itself.Nearby (just outside) is a Chinese buffet type resataurant - eat as much as you like for 15Euro -part of group went there and stated was 'okay'. Also if you want to have a bigger breakfast 2 minutes away is a McDonalds!!Just along the road a few minutes walk is a Buffalo Grill so you can eat somewhere reasonably close.The hotel is only 30-45mins away from Arch De Triumph via A15, A86 and via La Defense (easiest route). This is a typical outer Paris hotel no greta frills, but adequate for your needs. Reasonably friendly staff, fairly efficient, great comfy rooms with nice beds. It is not however a 4* rating...I havce been here a couple of times now and really not changed much since my first visit in 2009. Would stay again and nicer than some of the cheaper ranges of hotels. Coaches can park outside if you can avoid the walls and concrete flower pot in the middle, or on road outsides as long as you dont block the hotel parking garage. Overall reasonable stay but no great shakes....

Room Tip: Try to avoid lift area as can be a little noisy
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tourman2
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Have you ever experienced the change of your hotel room three times in a night? Unfortunatetly I had during my stay in Mercure. I tried to start to sleep around midnight in room 104, but I was disturbed every 15 minutes by a terrible noise. At 1 am I called the reception to explain the problem and the guy immediatly understood what I was talking about. So I got a new room, n. 404, but I was disturbed again by the noise that was not so strong as in the first floor, but anyway it was something disturbing my sleep. I called again the refeption complaying and, finally, I got room n. 501 where I could start my sleeping at 2 am in a quiet and warmer room. Warmer than the two noisy ones where the noise might have came from
the heather that was not working properly. The next days I was charged euro 135 for this terrible night! Last but not least, I wonder why they do not put a warning table in the parking place just in front of the entrance of the hotel garage. In fact, if you have my same bad idea to park there, you won't be able to exit smoothly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ele2012
LEDORAT, Manager at Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2012

Sorry again for this noise we have not explained. We don't understand as well what happened.
After you explained us, we went all the day in these rooms ; the night receptionnist went to hear each night after your departure. I am so sorry to not be able to give you a clear explication, instead that it was something very very "exceptionnal".
We think, where you explained was the noise, that it can be a problem betwen the very cold weather and the outsite structure of the building. Unfortunatly, we are not able to previous this fact.
Be sure that we keep your desappointment as something very serious, and try, if it comes back, to be able to give a solution.

Concerning the parking place, you are right ; we will follow your idea and put a warning instruction to park just a little car on this place. Thank you again.

Sure of your understanding, we hope welcoming you for your next visit in Cergy, and we assure you of our best attention for an agreable stay, as we try for each of our costumers.

A TripAdvisor Member
Munich
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Great room, well furnished, good bed, clean bathroom, excellent shower.

Excellent price.

Location not the most quiet but convenient for travelers.

What more can one ask?

The only criticism was that the room was overheated.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The hotel was a good standard but didn't have a restaurant, only fast food or chinese close by, about half hour walk to good restaurant.
We went on a coach holiday with Newmarket holidays and the breakfast included for us was awful, small croissent, dry bread and one butter and one jam! The breakfast in the restaurant was much better with choice of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, cheese, ham and pastries.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank wendybru
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The hottel itself was lovely, but we did have a couple of small problems, for one the hotels bar claimed to have most spirits stocked but when we stayed there, there was no vokda or rum. The prices are also a bit expensive it cost us £22 for two drinks so you have been warned. Other people we spoke to compalined they had to pay if they wanted any more milk (cream) for the room. The hotels resturants were closed so we popped down to the local harbour a 5-10min taxi ride away and so worth it a very cute small harbour with bars and resturants.
The distance to Paris was about 45mins by coach and well worth a visit but make sure you have money as Paris can be very expensive to eat and drink in.

Room Tip: Clean with showers and a televison in the room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lyns1985
LEDORAT, Directeur général at Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thank you for you comments. We are very happy to see that the room is as you expected. Sorry for the spirits you have not found. Be sure that we have do necessary for the new stock. I think you were travelling wiht a group, and concerning the "extras" for the rooms, in fact they are to settle for everyboddy. We thank you again to have taken time to do your comments. Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming for a next trip.

An Accor traveller
Leek
Reviewed 9 July 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cergy
Novotel Cergy Pontoise
Ibis Cergy Pontoise Le Port
Ibis Budget Cergy Saint Christophe
Ibis Budget Cergy Saint Christop...
#4 of 19 in Cergy-Pontoise
Hotel Campanile Cergy Pontoise
Hotel au Week-End
Hotel au Week-End
#4 of 11 in Cergy
Le Green Des Impressionnistes

Been to Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre? Share your experiences!