“Among the best B&B. Absolutely recommended”

Marsh Farm Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Marsh Farm
I've been staying at Marsh Farm several times in the last years as my daughters have been going to the Abbots Bromley School; I agree with all that has been said in the previous reviews; it is among the best B&B I've been, in a really beautiful landscape; warm, familiar, confortable, clean, spacious, delicious... and so on; unfortunately, I'm afraid my daughters are not returning to that school, and I'll have to look for another reason to go back to Marsh Farm and my morning runs in its sorroundings, specialy along the Staffordshire Way.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank for your lovely review. We have enjoyed having you and your family to stay during your visits to the school. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again in the future, maybe when you have chance to tour the Peak District. Fingers crossed for some better weather then. Best wishes to you all
Sarah.

There are newer reviews for Marsh Farm Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The first review says all there is to say really. We stayed at the farm in April and received a lovely warm greeting, which made us feel immediately at home.
The bedroom in the barn was immaculate and the breakfast the following morning was superb, overlooking the very pretty garden. I only wish that I had been ravenous as there was certainly lots of it! We will definitely be staying there again and will recommend it to all of my family who come to stay with my mother who lives nearby.
I grew up in Staffordshire and never really appreciated it's beauty until recently when I have fallen in love with it all over again, also its only a stones throw from the glorious Derbyshire Dales. But the best thing about going 'home' though are the people who are so warm, friendly and unpretentious.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Meadsy, Owner at Marsh Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank you for your lovely review. Great to hear to enjoyed your stay with us while visiting your family. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Best wishes. Sarah

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed at Marsh Farm for a weekend while we visited Alton Towers as it's only a few miles away.

On arrival we were shown to our family room within a converted barn. Our first impression was that it was really cosy, yet incredibly spacious, and spotlessly clean. The decor was stylish and modern and the bedlinen and towels felt very luxurious. We also had an ensuite which was very clean and spacious. Downstairs we had use of a communal lounge with lovely sofas and a large dining table, and kitchen with a fridge, toaster, microwave, oven, crockery etc if we wanted to cook for ourselves.

We had a very filling full English breakfast on the first morning which was served in the main dining room in the farmhouse. Our son didn't want a full English so we asked for a boiled egg and soldiers instead which was no problem. The dining room was also a really cosy room with an inglenook fireplace which overlooks the garden. On the second morning we had an early start so we asked for supplies so we could make our own breakfast before we left. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

The highlight for our six year old son was the farm. Although it's not a working farm there are chickens roaming around, and cows and a horse in the fields. The farmyard is clean so there's no need for wellies. Also, the garden is amazing. We were there in July and it was just beautiful.

In summary, we feel we've found a little gem - we can't stop telling people about it! I think we paid around £70 per night for our room and can't believe what good value it was. We'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Colton House
#1 of 10 in Rugeley
The Shoulder of Mutton Inn
Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel

Been to Marsh Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!