“Pleasant stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Buttercross Bed and Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here Saturday 25th January 2014. Lovely lady greeted us and the room with ensuite was clean and nicely decorated. The en-suite was a little it of a squeeze, however the attention to detail on extra items in the bathroom was very much appreciated. The biscuits left in the room were a bit stale but we enjoyed the cake and selection of beverages. The breakfast was amazing and the village so beautiful. We had a lovely meal in the The Goats Head and highly recommend it. We did not sleep that well but I don't think anyone sleeps as well as they do in their own bed. Yes would stay again but please change the pictures in the Bromley room they are not in keeping with the room. Thank you for being a great host.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon E, Owner at Buttercross Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your comments and it is good to see that you will still return even with the issues raised. To the points raised I would say that I am so disappointed that you mentioned that the biscuits in your room were stale because I always bake fresh cookies for my new guests. They were a new recipe of 'Soft Apricot & Almond Cookies' and they are not my favourites. I am glad you enjoyed the cake and breakfast on offer.
The two pictures in Bromley are of local scenes. One a gargoyle and one of a scene from the church gate. Maybe you found the gargoyle a bit scary?!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed for a night on the way to visit friends in January. Sharon is an excellent hostess and the accommodation joins a very positive and selective list of "places we will return to..someday when we get the time..!".
The village is a beautiful place to stroll around and we had an evening meal in a local pub....
Sharon bakes almost everyday so don't expect to lose any pounds during your stay... We were fed copious amounts of delicious lemon butterfly cakes and chocolate brownies on the house...and the full breakfast was to die for.... Would especially recommend Sharon's house special breakfast.... This is an eggs Benedict, spinach, bacon, eggy yum yum...my wife loved it.
Special mention for the "emergency bucket" in the bathroom... Such a simple idea worthy of note - you will see what it is when you get there...!!
Well done Buttercross B&B and Sharon.
Mark and Kerry xx

Room Tip: Book early...!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Mark and Kerry for your amazing comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all my baking including my becoming famous breakfast special! It is a pleasure for me to provide all these goodies for my guests. The emergency bucket is a great idea which is why I continue to have it in all the rooms - only wish it had been my idea!
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

My son and I booked in because we were fishing on Blithfield reservoir a few miles down the road. When we booked I explained we were arriving by train and did they know a taxi company, Sharon kindly offered to meet us by car from the station. She also said they would take us to the reservoir the following day.
On arrival we were shown to two lovely rooms with compact and beautifully warm bathrooms. The bathrooms contained emergency supplies of razors, gel , toothpaste etc...all the things I forget!
The shower was luxurious and the televisions in the rooms worked instantly.
Alas I overslept but breakfast was served promptly and two boiled eggs were delicious despite my being 30 minutes late. Sharon then offered to make my son and I packed lunches at 15 minutes notice.

This was services that was above and beyond the call of duty, elegantly delivered and with a completely personal yet professional touch.

Top of my list for a revisit

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely comments. We are more than happy to pick people up from the station and drop you off at local venues. We sometimes even pick people up who cant quite make it to the end of their walk! Picnic hampers can be provided for your day out with prior arrangement. However we can always manage a small picnic at short notice if needed.
Cornwall, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights in August, whilst visiting relatives nearby. Sharon made us feel very welcome, and the room (Buttercross) was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast room was lovely, as was our breakfast. We've recommended Buttercross to all our friends, and will certainly be making a return visit. Parking was outside the door, but in a lay-by, so not on the main road. There were two Pubs in the same square as Buttercross, so no problem with meals and drinks etc.
All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sharon E, Owner at Buttercross Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your great comments. It means a lot to know that our guests are enjoying their stay with us. There are four pubs in total in the village all within walking distance and a great Indian so you are quite right finding somewhere to eat and drink is not a problem. We look forward to hosting your friends when they visit!
bury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for just the one night to be near the Staffordshire showground for the classic bike show . What a little gem, this is the best B and B we have every stayed in ,we had a comfy king size bed , bathrobes, and soft and fluffy white towels ,if you didn't fancy a shower there is a bathroom with a large bath that can be used as.well , there was also a little tea trolley with homemade cookies and a selection of teas and coffees and hot chocolate in our room , also fresh milk and bottled water in a small fridge in the breakfast room , breakfast was plentiful and very tasty with plenty of choices , and you could also finish of with some homemade cakes , nothing was to much trouble for our host Sharon who made you feel at home . I was debating whether to review this one as I want to keep it a secret !!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your amazing review. It looks like Buttercross ticked a lot of boxes for you! I am so glad that you really enjoyed staying with us for your visit to the Staffordshire show ground. It was a pleasure to have you stay and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

One of the best places I have ever stayed. It is spotlessly clean,extremely comfortable and very stylish.The owner is welcoming,hospitable and genuinely caring.Lots of very thoughtful little extras like home made cakes for guests and glossy magazines in the breakfast/sitting room are provided and it is also great value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon E, Owner at Buttercross Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found Buttercross to be comfortable and welcoming. So important when you are travelling away from home alone.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed three days at Buttercross. I was comfortable and made to feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble for Sharon. The accommodation was a true home from home, the breakfast was first class with a wide choice on offer. The village offers a variety of venues to eat and drink and Buttercross is ideally located for anyone who takes part in outdoor activities such as walking cycling and sailing. The rooms are very clean and tidy and the on suite was spotless. I have no hesitation in recommending the established and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon E, Owner at Buttercross Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you found everything to your liking. We try to make a good balance between the home comforts and the luxury of staying away. The village and neighbouring areas have a lot to offer. Great places to eat and drink and lots of places to visit. I hope we see you again in the not too distant future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbots Bromley
#1 of 1 in Newborough
Colton House
Colton House
#1 of 10 in Rugeley

Been to Buttercross Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!