“perfect pub” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coach and Horses

Coach and Horses
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Coach and Horses is a traditional village pub in the picturesque village of Abbots Bromley serving traditional and not so traditional home cooked food. Having recently been totally refurbished to a very tasteful standard it is a fabulous place to visit.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“perfect pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hubby and myself have just had yet another great meal at this welcoming pub. Whether you go at lunch time or evening the staff are friendly and helpful. We have never had a bad meal or bad service. Jill and Daren are super hosts and always make you feel welcome.
Dave and Chez

2 Thank daveandchez
darrenharris612, Owner at Coach and Horses, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Cheers Chez and Dave for the review, glad you enjoyed meal no doubt we will see you next week !!!!

Stoke, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I regularly go to The Coach & Horses for lunch and without exception the staff are friendly and helpful, the service is spot on and the food is always excellent. I can't recommend this establishment highly enough.

1 Thank Richard S
Kind words indeed many thanks for that and see you again soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my bf visit on a regular basis, and always find the pub and its staff amazingly welcoming. My partner has the same thing every time we visit and is repeatly outstanded at the quality of the food and the service we recieve. I like to try everything and have never been disapointed with anything that has been placed infront of me. But I have to say the beef sizzler is my favourite :) would recommend this amazing pub to all ages as they accommodate to your every need. Will be returning soon for another wounderfull meal. Save me table number 5 :D

Thanks for the review table number 5 !!! Really pleased that you enjoy your visits here and would like to say thank you for taking the time to leave a review, see you again soon.
Abbots Bromley, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

myself and my father ate here last night, the food was perfect ,the atmosphere was great . staff were very attentive without being in our face . this was not my first visit, but we had not eaten here for a while,i am pleased to report that i will be coming back on my return visit to this lovely village and its great pub

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review, its good to hear your comments and its good to hear that you will be visiting us again, we look forward to seeing you.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Terrible service and food mediocre”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Had a meal here last night with two of my mates. The waitress was not up to the job at all. When placing our order she didn't ask what we wanted with the meals at all. We had to say 'Can we have chips please' and her reply was 'Yeah I think so'. Then she went away with the order. Next minute another girl comes out who looked like she was doing the cooking (didn't look like a chef at all) and said 'Sorry we only have two portions of chips'!!!!! So my mate had to have new potatoes. Sorry but these were frozen chips and you only had two portions?? Then the waitress cocked up the order with the puddings. She was full of attitude and clearly not cut out for the job. Won't be going back. Local competition is far more worth a visit.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Im really sorry that your visit was not a good one, I was there on the night and it was indeed a calamity, the waitress was new and not up to the job as you mentioned, there was a misunderstanding with the chips, having spoken to Kayleigh who is a cook and not a chef she came out and said that there was only 2 portions of chips, she meant only 2 ordered not that was all we had, again this was the waitresses fault as she only had 2 side orders of potatoes so it appeared that one person had not ordered any potatoes, the sweet order was also a disaster but I dont agree that the food was mediocre you only have to look at our reviews to see that is not the case, I think your experience maybe meant that you were not able to enjoy the food, please give us another try, make yourself known to me and I will also give you a special offer on the day.