“One to add to the list”
Review of Coach and Horses

Coach and Horses
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Spanish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Coach and Horses is a traditional village pub in the picturesque village of Abbots Bromley serving traditional home cooked food. Having recently been redecorated outside including updating our large beer garden to a very tasteful standard it is a fabulous place to visit.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great food, cooked to perfection,enjoyed every course and so reasonable to.
The staff where wonderful, we could not have have had better service with a smile anywhere, definitely on my list for many more return visits.
Thank you chief and waiters on for a very enjoyable night.

darrenharris612, Owner at Coach and Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Many thanks for the review, once again like in many other people's comments the staff are mentioned as well as the food, something that is very important to us.We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Coach and Horses

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Late Sunday lunch chosen at random. Not disappointed. Very friendly staff who convinced our grumpy 7yr old to eat, drink and smile. Good value food. Will definitely return.

Great review showing that it's not just the food that matters it's the whole experience , something we try very hard to achieve, many thanks.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I took a friend to The Coach and Horses for us to have a "bring a friend for free" meal. We were very disappointed. The chilli that we both had was the size of a childs portion. My friend was lucky she had three red kidney beans and I had two. We both said we certainly would not have wanted to pay £9.99 for the quantity or quality of this dish even shared between two it was not worth the price.

Sorry about your chillis and that you felt it wasn't value for money, sometimes when these are made and then portioned they may not all be exactly the same clearly this was the case here. I did however try the chilli myself the following evening and did find more than 3 kidney beans, please accept our apologies on this matter and come back again and give us another chance, as you can see from the majority of our other reviews we do normally get it right.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I popped in here as we were driving through abbots Bromley looking for a place to eat! Wow what a lovely place. Even though they had stopped serving food, we were told we could order and they would happily still serve us. Such a welcoming, friendly place and the food was lovely. We had 2 meals for £9.95..fabulous. We can not fault the service, food, place and welcoming owners! All pubs should be like this! We will definetley visit again! Thank you

I'm glad you enjoyed your meals and that you shared your thoughts on tripadvisor, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I love my pub grub, but the whole experience is what its about....and the Coach and Horses is a great pub.
I'm from Derbyshire and like to pop out now and then, to find a little gem. Well......I believe i found one..."The Coach and Horse's".
Im not saying its the best food in the world, or the most exquisite surroundings or 5 star Michelin. But... what a lovely old historical pub, offering good wholesome food with what I can only say are some of the best hard working staff I have come across. The Owners seem to know what customers want, and make sure they get it and all with a smile!!!.
They wont get it right every time, but they work damn hard to try....great pub, great staff...I would go again.

Your comments are amongst some of the nicest we have received and make the staffs hard work worthwhile. We are really glad that you took the time to leave a review and look forward to seeing you again soon.